Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
‹ Previous123
  • Think this is out Friday, i just got an email saying it has been dispatched so might have it in my hands tomorrow.

Despite my backlog building up i need to own this game - I have a lot of love for the TMNT and every platinum game i've played I've thoroughly enjoyed and put many hours into

It has co-op, but i have a horrible feeling no couches involved, online only. which is fucking shit.

• Platinum is the perfect developer for this!  I did lol when the train went past with identical graffiti on each carriage though.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Also baggsy Michelangelo
  • Loved Devastation, and this looks like more of the same, but based on the IDW TMNT ongoing series.

Will definitely be purchasing it.
  • Watched a bit of a playthru becouse its platinum and im curius.
    It looks utter shit!
  • Billy wrote:
    Platinum is the perfect developer for this!  I did lol when the train went past with identical graffiti on each carriage though.

i'm not sure how you even noticed that, it's barely on screen!

edit: oh wait with Rocksteady standing there.
  • Early reports from a few people whol liked Transformers suggest it's not that great sadly. Guess we'll see soon.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Early reports from a few people whol liked Transformers suggest it's not that great sadly. Guess we'll see soon.

Theres already full playthru's up on you tube.
    Games 2 and a half hours long.
  • that's disappointing to hear :(

Transformers hit so many good notes, it was pretty much the perfect video game rendition of the franchise. All it was missing was the OG song.
    digi wrote:
    Theres already full playthru's up on you tube. Games 2 and a half hours long.

Length isn't an issue personally speaking, Plat games are usually designed to be replayed many times. TF and revengance were pretty short. If the gameplay hook is as enjoyable as past games....
  • Smang wrote:
    i have a horrible feeling no couches involved, online only. which is fucking shit

Definitely no couch co-op, I read an article about it recently.  I'm also day one.  If it's shit I'll sell it, but I'm happy with the visuals from what I've seen.  Would be amusing if the second next gen game I've pre-ordered is a critical disaster.  How bad can it be though?  Simplistic and short with four toes in the past is fine by me.
  • Ooof, two and a half hours long (didn't see Davy's post)?  Disregard my comment about length, not paying £32 for that.
  • well it looks like i might have at least one other person to coop with ;)

BAGGSY MICHELANGELO

i hope it's not that bad, i remember Vanquish got slammed by a lot of people and i adore that game. I think TF as well.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Ooof, two and a half hours long (didn't see Davy's post)?  Disregard my comment about length, not paying £32 for that.

LOL ok maybe not then. sounding like they should have released this at £25.

Either way though, many games can be done under 3 hours. if it's re-playable and fun why is this a bad thing?
  • Revengeance was what, 6 or 7 hours? Easily put around 70 hours into it over the years.
  • I would've been happy enough with 6-7hrs of co-op fun at £30, but 2.5hrs is a brutal piss-take.  I've successfully cancelled it, sorry Smang :(

Would've been Leo all the way for me.  I'll play Hyperstone Heist again instead, and grab this in a few weeks when it's £17.
  • 2.5 hours sounds like a straight run and gun to the exit. I would bet a first play is a bit longer.

I don't really get complaints about length, unless it's something like Uncharted. Action games tend to live and die by their mechanics. If the game's well made, some variety in the turtles themselves, the length of the campaign doesn't bother me as it will get replayed many times.

But if it's a pile of shit i'll regret buying it for sure.
  • Smang wrote:
    Either way though, many games can be done under 3 hours. if it's re-playable and fun why is this a bad thing?

I get this, but I hate replaying games (sounds ridiculous, but I'm a get to the credits man).  Plus if there's a 2.5hr video knocking around pre-launch then a speed run might be half that.  2.5hr games can be wonderful, but they have to be priced accordingly to avoid someone (me) shouting "poor show!".
  • I'm hoping the 2.5 hour video is a speed run!

Oh well, back to wearing orange bandanas and scaring people in the street with my Nunchaku for now.
  • If it settles on or above 77 on the dreaded Metacritic I'll be your huckleberry.  It is pay day after all, chances are we'll finish it while I can still Ebay it for £25.  Mayber.
  • I'd put money on that 2.5 hours being a speed run.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If it settles on or above 77 on the dreaded Metacritic I'll be your huckleberry.  It is pay day after all, chances are we'll finish it while I can still Ebay it for £25.  Mayber.

well i might get a few goes on it later tonight, see what happens...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    How long is Devastation supposed to be?  I've had it for a year and am about halfway through.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • That's a big game.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • i remember it roughly being about 5 hours... but that was on multiple plays after lots of grinding for upgrades etc.
  • Skerret wrote:
    How long is Devastation supposed to be?  I've had it for a year and am about halfway through.
    2 years
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Skerret wrote:

How do you know you're halfway through if you don't know how long it is? Eh?

EH?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Sadly this video from Digital Foundry is rather crushing.. 

Platinums worst game.. seems just about every element is either a bit shit or a lot shit. 

Far more in the Korra line than the Transformers one Smang. Might as well stick it up on ebay already and try to pass it on early...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Dynamite Cop 2 was only about 2 hours long. I paid $85 for it.

It was worth it solely for the bit where you beat people up with a swordfish.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • le sigh. 

either way i don't trust reviews but the signs are not good.
  • I didn't realise this had no local play. I guess I'm out then.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!