Ghost Recons: Wildlands & Breakpoint
  • Tomorrow sees the launch of Title Update 1.1.0.
    What that actually means is another 14gig of minor bug fixes.
    It probably also includes a stealth download of the Terminator mission content that's expected to be playable later in the week.

ho hum

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So. Finally. Version 2.0 launches today, and strips all the shite out of the game.
    Virtually every parameter is now customisable, and you can bin all the gear score shite.
    It's a huge download. About 30gig on the Bone and iirc about 17gig on PS.
    Presumably the download includes the new Splinter Cell paid DLC story missions. One would hope so.
    Had a dabble this morning having spent the last day downloading the fucker...and it's good.
    Makes the game much more like Wildlands...which is great news.
    Anyhoo...

First Deep State mission is free, then you have to pony up for the rest. Think it works out about £15 or so.
    However, if one player buys the DLC, then everyone in a co-op team can play it regardless of whether they own it or not. I might buy it. Maybe.
  • So they've finally fixed it so folk will want to play it, then anytime I try and get a co op on the go it'll already be a full squad? Bonzer, just like wildlands right enough.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm up for some.
  • g.man wrote:
    So. Finally. Version 2.0 launches today, and strips all the shite out of the game.
    Virtually every parameter is now customisable, and you can bin all the gear score shite.
    It's a huge download. About 30gig on the Bone and iirc about 17gig on PS.
    Presumably the download includes the new Splinter Cell paid DLC story missions. One would hope so.
    Had a dabble this morning having spent the last day downloading the fucker...and it's good.
    Makes the game much more like Wildlands...which is great news.
    Anyhoo...

First Deep State mission is free, then you have to pony up for the rest. Think it works out about £15 or so.
    However, if one player buys the DLC, then everyone in a co-op team can play it regardless of whether they own it or not. I might buy it. Maybe.

I thought all DLC was free?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • *terms and conditions apply.
  • Bastards.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Damn, now I'm interested.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • £15 on PSN just now. I was hoping that the patch would fix it, so that good to hear.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Thread reserecto!

Back from the dead with the latest Ubisoft progress.
    Now, the numberwang was stripped out in the last patch, and it's taken almost a year since the game launched, but finally the AI teammates have been added back into the game in the latest 19gig title update.
    Is this finally a cause for celebration? 
    Over to my man on the ground for all things Ghost Recon, Gmoney, for some opinions.

Oh dear.
    Me? I've downloaded the update, and I'll maybe have a dabble with it this evening.

The one thing that did put a smile on my face were the parody patch notes someone wrote in the YouTube comments...

next patch notes be like:
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates couldnt stand next to a bank
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates ran arround like idiots
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates started killing you
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates couldnt shoot the enemies while driving in a car
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates instantly failed the mission "goin quiet - no alarms allowed"
    - fixed an issue where it is impossible to give the a.i. team mates simple orders
    - fixed an issue where a.i. team mates started killing each other after equipping them with granade launchers
    - fixed a rare issue where a.i. team mates crashed or bricked your console and set your house on fire
  • Turns out that that Breakpoints is one of the Free Play Days titles just now. Might get it for the morbid curiosity aspect.
  • Aye, it's probably worth a look. There's a lot of fun to be had with it, but fuck me they've made you work for it. You could write a book about what a disaster this title has been, but at the end of the day, you have to say fair play to Ubi for not just abandoning the damn thing.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... THE ULTRAVIXENS!

LlnpxLH.jpg

IOdqTMR.jpg

Tbh, they're fucking hopeless, but they mean well, and they do fulfil the LGBTPQR quota.
  • So after spending almost an entire year building the AI team-mates for Breakpoint, how's that working out for the boys and girls at Ubisoft?

Oh dear.

Maybe Ubisoft should license this for inclusion in the next patch...
  • Oh my days. There's a bit in that video where he clears his squad to open fire on the enemy, and two thirds of them just jump into the sea and start swimming away. I shouldn't laugh, but I had exactly the same thing happen to me this morning. PMSL.
  • Thread resurrecto with a cross-post from SeX thread.
    g.man wrote:
    Just been playing a bit of the old Ghost Recon: Breakpoint on the SeX, and fuck me it looks magnificent with the next-gen upgrade. 60fps with all the effects, and as part of the new adjustable parameters, there's a thing called Darkest Night Mode, which...um...makes it darker at night. Just been stealthing through the swamplands and it's incredibly atmospheric. The lighting in this game was always brilliant, but the new stuff really makes it shine. The Darkest Night Mode you really have to take your time creeping about and toggling between the ambient moonlight and the NVG and Thermal Goggles. Probably going to give this some love in the coming weeks, well worth a re-look if you own it already.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll install it later, we should get the band back together.
  • Golem Island is now also a playable area rather than being locked behind The Raid. There are now missions on it, and you can play there in either solo or co-op. Worth a look as it's a great environment. I soloed bits of it in the summer using a glitch to access it, but I'll defo be going back there now it's properly open.
    I'm going to assume that AI teammates are still useless, so I've turned them off, and it's all the better for it tbh. Goes without saying I've also turned off the rancid numberwang, and that makes a hell of a difference too.
    You can adjust just about every parameter of the game now, which is a godsend, and the latest patch allows you to add the rebel militia fighters to the island, or you can even add Terminators if you're that way inclined. Yet to experiment with that stuff tho.
  • I never reinstalled but after the terrible launch state I could not muster the enthusiasm to return. Sounds like the wait was worth it though, time to ghost up again.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Did Wildlands get any One X/X treatment?
  • Dunno yet mate. I've got it in the download queue, but it'll be some time till I see that one.
  • It did get updated for the BoneX with better textures and whatnot though.
  • Cool. Free stuff. We should have a look at that.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I fancy some, been aaaaaages.
  • Defo worth a look. The 60fps mode and all the QOL parameters you can change now are good. It's still not the game it should have been, but it's a really good sandbox to fuck around in.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've just deleted the bastard to make room for Rainbow 6 funnily enough
  • Doh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!