God of War
  • No I have a special talent it looks shit

I just say these things for a laugh fs man DS u fell for it lol at you
  • lol gottem

My combat has improved a little after I remapped quick turn to the back/l3 combo.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    fuck feel like a rite fool now lads
  • I’m starting to warm to this a lot more. The interactions between dad and kid are fun mostly. Overall the game feels a bit like a sandwich with well defined layers. There are bits of action and bits where you are shown things because they look cool and looooong talking bits (some are interesting some are dull). It sort of feels like god of war is a vessel for getting some guys ideas into a game (somewhat like hideo kojimas games where he gets to put his ridiculousness because he has an mgs branded vehicle to put them in).
  • better than that yakuza pish that looks like its made in 2006 innit

I (hope that I) may never type these words again:

I argree with DS.

Yakuza 6 had the most tedious demo ever. It totally put me off a series that I'd been keeping a keen eye on for years.

Plus it really looked like something (being generous) from circa 2006.

• I really like the puzzles in this game.

Are they very taxing?  I don't  really like puzzles.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    better than that yakuza pish that looks like its made in 2006 innit
    I (hope that I) may never type these words again: I argree with DS. Yakuza 6 had the most tedious demo ever. It totally put me off a series that I'd been keeping a keen eye on for years. Plus it really looked like something (being generous) from circa 2006.

I love Yakuza mate (new laptop stalled my playthrough of 0) so be safe in the knowledge we still haven't agreed.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I really like the puzzles in this game.

They’re Tomb Raider level - maybe a little simpler. Most of the time you can solve them by just moving around an area and fiddling with anything you can interact with - plus, if you get stuck the boy will chip in and suggest ideas.
  • Can really see why it’s been so well received now - such an impressive game.
  • I have ordered this and expect it some time this week. Ordered from CEX as I had vouchers so hopefully the delivery is fairly quick...

As preparation for playing, I have downloaded Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology as an audiobook for when I go for a run (just started up going for runs so it is good inspiration). Cannot wait to play it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I really like the puzzles in this game.

They’re not that hard so far. They have the sort of feeling that you figure out what you need to do fairly quickly but then actually performing the solution requires a satisfying amount of thinking about the space you are in. (So you can see the three bells you have to hit, but how do you ensure you hit them all quickly enough).

• So kinda like Zelda:BotW then, in terms of toughness.  Good. I have puzzlephobia.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Can you go back to areas ?

I think
    Spoiler:
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I seem to be playing this, courtesy of shenanigans.

Only 40 mins in, but liking it.
  • Found the opening hour or so (just beaten the first ‘boss’) a bit underwhelming. The menu and skill tree etc suggests combat will/could get much better.

Exploring will be where it’s at and I look forward to the game opening up.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm anyway panicking over maybe having missed toys :-/
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Can you go back to areas ?

I think
    Spoiler:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm anyway panicking over maybe having missed toys :-/

You can’t miss anything - you’ll always be able to go back later.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good to know, Muzzo put the shits up me a bit there.
  • There also seems to be a feature which gives you stuff that goes away if it was in a chest related to a specific mission I think. (Like if you miss something in a general mission area I think you can go back but some stuff that gets lost goes to your inventory)
  • tin_robot wrote:
    So far it's lots of walking and hitting things, but I'm hoping it will open up a bit.

It's opened up.  A lot.

I played (too much) last night, and it feels like a different game to be honest.  (Mild spoiler...)  There's a point at which it stops being so linear, and I would strongly recommend just doing whatever the Hell you like.  I went off for a little explore and stumbled upon: (Big spoiler...) 
    Spoiler:
    It may be that this is all stuff the game will insist I come back and discover at some point, but so far it feels like a whole world that's just there for me to find if I can be bothered to look for it.  

I'm getting on better with the combat too, which has become more interesting, even if it's also even more unforgiving of my random button mashing.  (There are certainly battles that need a strategy if you hope to win.)

And from a technical perspective it remains incredible.  (Though there was a weird bug at one point, when I died, and on returning from the grave, all the relatively straight forward orange monsters, had been replaced with one hit kill Purple Bastards of Death.)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just fought my first purple bugger.
    Spoiler:
  • This game looks too nice on a pro and 4k tv. It’s fucking off putting - there’s just too much to distract. I’m liking it but I’m also struggling with aim and block at the moment will - soon clear up though.

The big muscle man I’m controlling though is fucking ridiculous. I mean I know that’s what American focus groups tell the devs we all secretly want to be but fucking hell. Also; his voice lol.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's big boy season uncle.
  • They literally cast Christopher fucking Judge to do it. Lol indeed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Captain Stargate Brooks logging in
  • Presumably James Earl Jones was all booked up.
  • There's a character in this that sounds like Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop but it ain't he.

I am truly rubbish at the combat in this game, I think I need to readjust my approach as I am dying quite a lot more than I'd expect.

Currently the Dad/BOY relationship is hovering between trite and interesting. It isn't anything I haven't seen before, but I think the key might be in Kratos developing more as time goes on. It's not like the whole "angry muscleman is tender actually" is unique, but maybe the juxtaposition between the spectacle of combat and a deft hand in the characterisation might work.

I also think his musculature is less focus tested and more, uh, he's the God of War

Sorry I mean, he's the big boy
  • Also Kratos nearly touching his son to comfort him, only to retract his hand, angry at himself counter: 3
  • Completed.

Loved it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!