martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Smyths have it for £40.99
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Smyths have it for £40.99

Collection only though,right?
  • I haven't been this excited since Rise of the Robots.
    8qmmFc4.jpg
  • trippy on point today

griff this is how you do it

Don't make me call pest control.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    MUSIC BY BRIAN MAY
  • Man that game was shite. I had it on the Amiga and it was so bad.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I haven't been this excited since Rise of the Robots. 8qmmFc4.jpg

When's that coming out? I Take it those are Boner X screenshots?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Man that game was shite. I had it on the Amiga and it was so bad.

I had it on SNES. Imagine the scenes
  • I imagine some of the hype vacuum is down to the shift in gameplay.
    GoW fans aren't sure about their game being changed, non-fans aren't sure because it may not have changed enough.

Also I don't have a PS4 or I would be well hyped for this.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I was looking forward to a Her Story style GoW adventure. Absolute dross this.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    I'm reading Gaiman's Norse Mythology in preparation for this. And taking the oldest son out with me tomorrow to beat the shit out of some ghastly creatures. That's Croydon for you.
    whats gaiman's book like? its on my to buy list for the future along side Stephen Fry's greek mythology.

I'm a big fan of the Gaiman adaptation.  He does a good job of making it accessible, and bringing out the humour that some of the drier attempts to retell them lose.

We listened to the whole thing as an audiobook whilst driving to visit friends in Devon last Summer, then my kids and I spent each evening that week, re-telling the stories to the assembled children of our various friends that evening.  It became one of those genuinely heart warming events, with them all gathered round each evening to listen - culminating with them all going off and inventing their own Gods and mythology on the final evening when we ran out of stories.  So, yeah, my fond recollections of Gaiman's version may be unduly influenced by the pleasant memories it evokes.

Anyway, looking forward to pissing all over the mythology by getting an obscure Greek God to off them all long before Ragnorok when GoW comes out...
  • So my Smyths pre order was dispatched ( according to the email anyway) this morning , do they deliver pre-orders early does anyone know ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    I'm reading Gaiman's Norse Mythology in preparation for this. And taking the oldest son out with me tomorrow to beat the shit out of some ghastly creatures. That's Croydon for you.
    whats gaiman's book like? its on my to buy list for the future along side Stephen Fry's greek mythology.

I'm a big fan of the Gaiman adaptation.  He does a good job of making it accessible, and bringing out the humour that some of the drier attempts to retell them lose.

We listened to the whole thing as an audiobook whilst driving to visit friends in Devon last Summer, then my kids and I spent each evening that week, re-telling the stories to the assembled children of our various friends that evening.  It became one of those genuinely heart warming events, with them all gathered round each evening to listen - culminating with them all going off and inventing their own Gods and mythology on the final evening when we ran out of stories.  So, yeah, my fond recollections of Gaiman's version may be unduly influenced by the pleasant memories it evokes.

Anyway, looking forward to pissing all over the mythology by getting an obscure Greek God to off them all long before Ragnorok when GoW comes out...

That’s brilliant, tin. Have the audiobook of it myself. It’s in the queue.
    Get schwifty.
  • Anyone got this and played it yet?

Looking for impressions from likes of Tempy and JonB but I guess they won’t be buying/playing it anytime soon if at all.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I played a few hours of it last night.  So far it's lots of walking and hitting things, but I'm hoping it will open up a bit.

It's an incredibly beautiful game in places, but in many ways (so far) it feels somewhat old fashioned.  They've done a good job with the son - he keeps out of the way for the most part, and can be genuinely useful in a fight, softening up enemies, or giving you a heads up.  He's slightly annoying as a character, but that may well be by design (and besides, poor kid has the world's grumpiest Dad).

So yeah, too early to give a proper opinion.  So far it's a graphical powerhouse, with slightly disappointing gameplay, but the latter may well change, and in any case the elements I find disappointing may well be what longtime GoW fans are expecting.  Oh, and much as advertised, the axe is genuinely satisfying - timing the recall to smack a few bad guys on the head on its return, before popping back into your hand with a thwack feels great.
  • Impulse bought.

I think the almost Zelda-level reviews swung me, coz I haven't really been that fussed from what I've seen.

Looking forward to having a crack tonight.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Most reviews out there mean nothing. A lot of people gush over nowt. So I’m taking the ‘Zelda-level’ reviews with a pinch of salt, personally. Hence asking for opinions from people on here that I often find myself sharing tastes and opinions with. 

Thanks for reply, Tin. Helpful. I do get taken in by shinies nowadays so that’s a positive for me. Could still impulse buy. 

Cinty is another I kinda agree with a lot. Where is he?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm buying it today but can't play it proper til Tuesday fml
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll probably get it today. Got the house to myself for most of next week so can give it some love. I'll post my musings for Elf to ignore.
  • Elitist elf.

Am graphics whore + like a bit of GOW + lovely day
    + not splurged on anything for a wee while = likely be GRRRRR, grrrrr... daddy Kratos soon.
  • HO-LY SHIT!!!

About 20 minutes of meh and then...

amazing.gif
  • hiWb8iv.jpg

Been digging up the garden to remove existing chopped up bark ( lay new grass ) and find underneath loads of little stones and sand (filled 12 dumpy bags so far ) but at least the games installed and updated ready for tonight if i can stay awake
  • JRPC wrote:
    HO-LY SHIT!!! About 20 minutes of meh and then...

Where are you up to?

I got as far as...
    Spoiler:
    ...then had to stop as I remembered I was supposed to be walking the dog/asleep.

Probably won't get a chance to go back to it until tomorrow, so intrigued to know if you're wooing at stuff I've seen, or that I'm yet to encounter.
  • But it's glorious out here , sunny and very hot
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Where are you up to? I got as far as...
    Spoiler:
    ...then had to stop as I remembered I was supposed to be walking the dog/asleep. Probably won't get a chance to go back to it until tomorrow, so intrigued to know if you're wooing at stuff I've seen, or that I'm yet to encounter.

Yeah that's where I am.

But the...
    Spoiler:
  • £53 on psn, mates going halfs though so its downloading.

Lets see what alk the fuss is about eh.
  • JRPC wrote:
    tin_robot wrote:
    Where are you up to? I got as far as...
    Spoiler:
    ...then had to stop as I remembered I was supposed to be walking the dog/asleep. Probably won't get a chance to go back to it until tomorrow, so intrigued to know if you're wooing at stuff I've seen, or that I'm yet to encounter.
    Yeah that's where I am. But the...
    Spoiler:

Gotcha...  If I'm honest I felt that dragged on a bit, but I think some of Kratos's old man grumpiness must have rubbed off on me.

I suspect you're going to be in for a great time with this thing.
  • Fuck the Sun. I'm off to buy this and play it to death behind closed curtains.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Beard of War installing, not sure when I'll get to play it yet.

A reasonable £47.99 in GAME, which is lucky as there's nowhere else in Newcastle city centre to get it.
  • I might get this when I get paid

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!