Inside
  • You're referring to the gathering 20 as the manymans bit right? Not the
    Spoiler:

Manymans bit is an issue as is the bit you've spoilered.

Confusion comes from the fact I was talking about the ending first of all, then Trippy brought up the 20 puzzle, which I also felt was over long.

Elf is talking about the total nails optional puzzle which I couldn't be fucked with it, and don't like gating stuff like that behind obscurity.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I have just finished this.

Nnnnggg I really, really liked it to start - amazing animation and aristry, stunning audio, and nice puzzles.  But then it just faded away a bit for me - didn't like the ending, found the puzzles repetetive, and the aesthetic payback diminishing.  Also found the early themes moved way to less tangible ones & not in a good way, and it generally stopped being fun.

So now I feel disappointed.  And you'll probably all tell me I'm wrong.  Except 10p who doesn't do that and actually agrees with me this time anyway almost.

Bah humbug.  Still an [8] though and potentially limping onto the GoTY cost of it's first half hour.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    you 2 should be locked up
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Still an [8] though and potentially limping onto the GoTY cost of it's first half hour.

It's already on your list
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I know (my memory's not that bad...). It nearly sipped off.
  • Yeah it's an 8 from me too.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It's an eleven lads.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Crazy. Muzzy I'm worried for you. What didn't you like about the ending?? It was fucking fantastic!!

Maybe you just didn't get it heh.
  • I thought the ending was balls
    Spoiler:
  • I loved the ending, but the two things I'm finding the most memorable are
    Spoiler:
  • Yep.
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep those bits were great.
    Spoiler:
  • But it wasn't like that at all. What's your interpretation of the end Muzzy? Where's the slapstick humour also?
  • Spoiler:
  • It's fairly evocative
    Spoiler:
  • You lot really over think things sometimes.
  • One of my least favourite criticisms, is that. If people didn't over think, you wouldn't get games like Inside.
  • By noface saying 'sometimes' I've interpreted that to mean we under think things on occasion.
  • Compared to n0face's kitchen delights, we definitely under think food
  • I like thinking. Though I prefer to think of Inside more like a dream.
  • Really enjoyed this.

The ending was bonkers, but I loved the visual style, the fluidity of the animations and some really nice transitions between areas that kept things moving along nicely.
  • Finished this today, after starting yesterday. Thought it was great. Short length and not too taxing puzzles are a plus for me, so that coupled with the art style, sound and everything else made this a real banger. Might need to update my top 100.

Did feel quite similar to Limbo, but a massive step forward for me.

So glad I'd avoided too much info on it before playing.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I did this beginning to end tonight and then caught up on this thread.

Fuck's sake Gunn.

But yes, it was very good. Up until the end, I felt it compared slightly unfavourably to Limbo, but then the final section, and the controls and feedback there, was pretty damn special. They nailed that hard.
  • I've had people staying over this weekend and it was joy watching them play through this, especially seeing their reaction to the last section. Love this game.
  • Glad I never saw this thread and Spock's still-unspoilered, easily readable massive spoiler midway through the thread. Sort it out, son.

I kept this on my hard drive after playing through it, despite finding it unlikely that I'd play through again. However, the chat about the secrets (I only found one) and alternate ending is making me think I might go back.
  • You could knock the whole thing out in a couple of hours. Secrets included.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just went back to checkpoints with a guide to the secrets. I'd never have bothered otherwise.
  • Wee article about Inside's level design.

Interesting to see the approach they took and how much they threw away.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!