jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I played this over three sessions during evenings this week. A lovely sense of atmosphere, but the experience was marred by frustrating mechanics, e.g. I usually knew what I wanted to do, but doing it with the right timing proved to be challenging... I managed to find four of fourteen achievements on my play through and intend to have a try at finding the others, and whatever the alternative ending is.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I have now completed the game with all the achievements on my second playthrough and I can't believe that I missed so many of the achievements the first time around since most of them seemed fairly obvious in retrospect (with one notable exception), but I did use the name and, to some extent, the image of each achievement that I had missed to try to work out its whereabouts. The alternative ending was something else though - I don't think I would have figured it out alone.
    Spoiler:
    Alternative ending spoiler.
    Spoiler:
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Oh, I broadly appreciated my second playthrough more than the first due to experiencing less frustration at the mechanics, despite having forgotten how to solve a few of the puzzles, and also taking the time to die repeatedly in various interesting and gruesome ways, which sometimes leads to seeing parts of the world that you wouldn't otherwise see. However, it did make the contrivance of the world design that much more clear, which was disappointing. I suppose that contrived design is something that is particularly difficult to avoid in platformers.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Can you spoiler the alternative ending? Never seen it and not got it anymore to go back to it.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Just listened to the 'IGN UK Pocast: Inside Spoilercast' which I luckily ignored when it was released 07/09/16.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe worth a listen if you enjoyed the game.
  • Can you spoiler the alternative ending? Never seen it and not got it anymore to go back to it.
    Spoiler:
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Can you spoiler the alternative ending? Never seen it and not got it anymore to go back to it.

Just added an extra spoiler to my post above with a bit more detail than in Shabby's spoiler.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Much appreciated lads cheers. Had no idea there was an alternate as the original seemed so.perfect
  • jdanielp wrote:
    Just listened to the 'IGN UK Pocast: Inside Spoilercast' which I luckily ignored when it was released 07/09/16.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe worth a listen if you enjoyed the game.

I’d always seen it as being about that but lack the confidence to spout such stuff.  It seemed really obvious to me but i didn’t  see it being discussed anywhere so just thought ima a Moran and kept it to myself.
  • I'm toying with the idea of playing through it again now. Loved it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!