Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
‹ Previous123456719
  • It's time.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com

Yet another thrilling season starts

The fixture list says ‘Saturday 13 August’ but, for Fantasy Premier League managers, the season starts here. With registration now open and the player list published, we can look to exploit the remainder of the summer as we seek to compile the optimum 15-man squad ahead of next month’s kick-off.  Big challenges and exciting opportunities lie ahead.  While the game rules have remained untouched, with the Chips retained, FPL managers still have many new variables to consider.

Enviable record

The summer’s early transfer activity has already witnessed the arrival of key new targets – most notably Zlatan Ibrahimovic (£11.5m). After scoring 113 goals in 122 appearances over his last four seasons for Paris Saint Germain, the new Manchester United signing will be a hugely popular candidate for our three-man forward lines. Armenian international Henrikh Mkhitaryan (£9.5m) has joined the talismanic Swede at Old Trafford; the highly regarded schemer boasts an enviable record in the Bundesliga and threatens to shake up our thinking in midfield. Elsewhere, Manchester City have landed the goal scoring talents of Nolito (£9.0m) on the flank, while Chelsea have already bolstered their attack with the pace and power of Michy Batshuayi (£9.0m). A follow up article later this week will assess the impact of these signings in more detail.

Impressive additions

FPL managers should also consider how recent managerial appointments have shifted the Premier League landscape. Jose Mourinho’s arrival at Old Trafford, coupled with those impressive additions to the squad, will surely alter our approach to Manchester United’s assets. Antonio Conte is also expected to transform Chelsea’s fortunes having seized the reigns at Stamford Bridge, while it is anticipated that Pep Guardiola will reinvigorate Manchester City as a title-challenging force. These changes bring renewed optimism, plus fresh approaches and tactics that have the potential to revive FPL assets who were somewhat overlooked for much of last season. The same familiar names can be found on the player list, but many of those who served us so well in 2015/16 have now increased in price, forcing us to re-assess our options.

Prolific form

The prolific FPL form of Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez has inflated their valuations to £10.0m and £9.5m respectively. Similarly, the mercurial Dimitri Payet of West Ham United now demands a price tag of £9.5m, while Dele Alli’s 10 goals and 12 assists from the Tottenham Hotspur midfield have earned him an increase from £5.0m to £8.5m this time around. There will doubtless be new emerging talent waiting to fill the void. The promoted clubs – Burnley, Hull City and Middlesbrough – make returns to the top flight and introduce a cast of potential targets. Burnley’s Andre Gray (£6.5m), last season’s top scorer in the Championship with 23 goals, will look to maintain his rise to prominence and should attract interest. Middlesbrough’s defence – so resilient throughout their promotion campaign with 22 clean sheets - could also win early suitors, particularly with the opening schedule appearing to fall kindly for Aitor Karanka’s men.

Strong returns

Indeed, FPL managers should waste no time in assessing the fixture list and the opening Gameweeks. While it is tempting to plan a squad for the long haul, building one capable of strong returns over the first month is often the wisest tactic. That is just one initial pitfall to consider. Over reliance on unproven newcomers to the Premier League, at the cost of established FPL talent is another common temptation to be avoided. Pre-season form and fitness should also be monitored. Awareness of those clubs prepared to rest star players, fatigued by a summer of international exertions, is key over the early Gameweeks. The likes of Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez, Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and the aforementioned Payet have already played a batch of competitive matches; they may just be granted extended leave that will see them miss their opening Premier League fixtures.

Growing selection

The first whistle is still weeks away and yet there are all these factors in play when considering our initial squad selection. We will be on hand over the next month with further articles analysing the options and strategies available. You can also look forward to a growing selection of new articles and social media content during the season, arming you with plenty of information and insight to help make this an FPL campaign to remember.

Classic League:  499249-148703
    Head-to-head:  499249-148815
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't be arsed.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Me either. Everyone loses interest after three or four weeks after the guy lucky enough to have fluked a cheap purchase surges ahead into an unassailable lead for the rest of the season.
  • I'll still enter, but expect to end up mid table or worse again.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Rather cum on chicks, or my hand, belly, feet whatever is in the way really
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Ahhh come on guys.

I'll be in.

The website is a bitch to access in China - it seems to redirect no matter what I try - but I'll try to get on and join in.
  • There is an app. Would that help?
  • GI3e8eU.png

This is what I have at the min, but only left with 5 mill, and my best option there seems a punt on Peter Crouch.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    How much is Callum Wilson? He'll get 15 this season minimum, plus a few assists as well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wilson is a good shiut, cant beleieve how much Ibrahimovitch is. Will stick a team in saturday.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    How much is Callum Wilson? He'll get 15 this season minimum, plus a few assists as well

£6.5. Ibra is a lot, but I genuinely believe he will top score this season.

Might have to make changes. Problem is my big signings, Kane, Ibra and Micky Harry are all players I really want to keep. Going to have to make some touch decisions.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Navas seems expensive for someone who I imagine will be rotated a lot, but I always think that about City players and yet so many of them still get massive scores, so I'm really not one to advise on this game, I suck at it
  • You've spent too much on defence I reckon.
    Squeeze another 2 mil out of the defence and you can get Defoe.
  • You're a Spurs man, should I chop Alderweireld?
  • I have him in my team. Thing with defenders is unless they are like Babies then they are only as good as the rest of their defensive line. Spurs were solid at the back for 90% of last season. Vertongan is out again but that didn't seem to matter last season. Lloris is easily in the top 3 keepers in the league.

Tl:dr keep him, should be good for 6 points every other match, with a handful of goals thrown in.

I would get shot of Kolorov personally. He is great but City are unpredictable at the back and it will take a bit of time for the Pep effect to happen.
  • Yeah, just noticed he's only played 30 games once as well. Although god knows how Pep will play it.

I don't like to double up on defenders from one team, but unless I pick Huth, I'm not that keen on the options I can see at £5 mill and below.
  • Is this a pick it and leave it FF, or one of those people tinker with until it consumes their life?  I haven't done one since the Yahoo one stopped, I fancy it if the ongoing effort is minimal.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I was toying with Daniels having had the season of his life last year, but he's got some strong competition, Seems strange to recommend defenders from the team that leaked the third most goals last season, but those are the ones I know most about, and Francis and Cook are likely to be ever present barring injury this season. Hell Francis has only missed about four games since we signed him
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is this a pick it and leave it FF, or one of those people tinker with until it consumes their life?  I haven't done one since the Yahoo one stopped, I fancy it if the ongoing effort is minimal.

You can pick and leave but you would be incredibly lucky to do well.
    It is a tinkerers paradise.
  • Yeah, just noticed he's only played 30 games once as well. Although god knows how Pep will play it. I don't like to double up on defenders from one team, but unless I pick Huth, I'm not that keen on the options I can see at £5 mill and below.

Do you plan on playing 5 defenders?
    If not I would just buy the cheapest defender who will still play irl as your sub and put them end of the bench.
  • This will get tweaked a fair bit. Real first draft.
    zn4EOEv.png
  • Ighalo won't be captain lol
  • No, but then I didn't realise you didn't have to play 4-4-2.
  • Yeah it is reasonably flexible.

Defenders 3-5
    Midfielders 2-5
    Forwards 1-3
  • Interesting having two defenders from the same team there, Elinadee. I tend to avoid that, because if the team has a bad week... ooft.
  • Same but I'm pretty sure Stones will move clubs.
  • There is an app. Would that help?

Once again, I cannot find it. I've not been able to find it for about the last three years.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Is this a pick it and leave it FF, or one of those people tinker with until it consumes their life?  I haven't done one since the Yahoo one stopped, I fancy it if the ongoing effort is minimal.
    You can pick and leave but you would be incredibly lucky to do well. It is a tinkerers paradise.

Thanks.  Have fun all.
‹ Previous123456719

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!