Nothing to see here...
‹ Previous12
  • These aren't the droids you're looking for.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm in, as usual. Love me a secret Santa
  • AW YISS. I AM ALL THE WAY IN AND MY BALLS ARE LIKE SLAPPING AGAINST IT.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I'm out. Past two years I've said I'm in only to then say later that I'm out, well, this year I know I'm out. Have fun all.
  • I'm not sure I want to be in if roujin could be my Santa....

Jks. The age old question of international postage pops up so as long as people are willing to have me, I'll have them
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    A badger gave me chlamydia. No jokes.
  • Andy wrote:
    Unless anyone has any objections (and I understand if they do, but I'm still hopeful) I'd like to have a crack at running the Secret Santa this year.

Fine, I'll say it then. I have reservations about you running this, and I have reservations about you posting a dedicated thread effectively kickstarting the whole thing without ever putting it up for debate with the community elsewhere.

Let's not beat around the bush here.
    You are one of the most unstable members of this board. Your mental health issues are well documented. You frequently pick fights with other members, and you regularly flounce out of here only to reappear again months later, invariably with a new profile.
    Now if everyone is happy for you to do this, and presumably send you their name and address, then fine, by all means give it a go, but be aware of the responsibility you are putting yourself forward for.

For the record, I won't be taking part, but that's not a reflection of what I've said here. I just never take part in this.

Let the people have their say. If everyone is fine with this, then by all means go ahead with it. If there are dissenting voices, then I suggest you stand aside gracefully and let someone else do it.

And let's try and keep this civil please peeps, I'm not trying to start a flame war here. I just believe this needed to be said.
    So anyway, I've said my piece, and I don't intend to make further comment.

good luck

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Andy, good to get this started. Without trying to upset the applecart too much I think that @olimite wanted to do this year as he offered to run it last year and I did it. Sorry to be a pain; it may well be that he can't do it this year. On my phone otherwise I'd link to last year's thread and the initial conversation; getting on a bit so I may have misremembered all that.
  • Man, this is early, even by our standards.

Remind me in a couple of months.

Happy for Andy to do it, or Olimite, or anyone else who might have put their name forward.
  • JonB wrote:
    Happy for Andy to do it, or Olimite, or anyone else who might have put their name forward.

This. I have no objections over whoever wants to do it - it's always one of the highlights of the forum year, regardless of who handles it. I'm never involved, due to distance, but I always keep a close eye on it.

And I don't mind the thread going up early - it's a massive undertaking so time to prepare is always good. :)
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Andy, good to get this started. Without trying to upset the applecart too much I think that @olimite wanted to do this year as he offered to run it last year and I did it. Sorry to be a pain; it may well be that he can't do it this year. On my phone otherwise I'd link to last year's thread and the initial conversation; getting on a bit so I may have misremembered all that.

Okay doke. I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I'll drop him a PM.
  • I'm happy for whoever to run it as well. We've all had our snarky times but judging from the op I think Andy is going to take it seriously and knows the magnitude of taking on this role and seeing it through.
  • I'm up for it this year, and even if I get a lump of coal I'll be up for it next year too. 

Andy, if someone rubs your rhubard the wrong way you have to promise on the spirit of baby Jesus that you'll #keepcalmandcarryon.  You've got your fair share of idiosyncracies but you strike me as a very moral person and I don't believe you'd ruin Christmas, so I'm happy for you to run it and think you'd do a good job (but Oli should be offered, as stoph says).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is why I came back. Please put auld Reg's name in.

I really really really want to get Roujin so I can give him some stronk for Xmas
  • I'm in for this. Secret Santa is always good fun. Still love the looks I get from family over it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Won't come as a surprise to you but I share G's concerns, Andy. Good luck to whoever runs it though.
  • I share the same concerns as Unlikely and G, though if you do feel like you're upto the challenge Andy then you've got my support. I'm in.
  • Whilst I understand the points raised by G and Unlikely and agree to a certain level, I do think that Christmas is the time of the year for goodwill and Secret Santa always brings out the absolute best in everyone on this forum.
    Anyone who wants to take on this task, a task that comes with much responsibility and challenge, deserves all the support they can get. With that, I'm In.
    Good luck Andy.

Unless Stoph was right and Oli called dibs, in which case Good Luck Oli.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm in and happy for whoever to run it.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Thanks for all the thanks, but more so thanks for being such a considerate, organised and caring bunch. I've had a warm glow all day watching all the pressies get uploaded. I really enjoyed pointing you all in the right direction this year and am looking forward to being a participant next year. Without wishing to volunteer anyone, I know Olimite was interested in running things this year, so think he'd be perfect for next year (if he's happy to do so!). And a certain Santa has just PM'ed me with an Amazon gift. Got the old tear ducts going, so thanks so much Santa. Hope you're enjoying a well earned break, you lovely badger, you. X
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I hope I get someone that the main gift I'm half planning would suit.
  • I'm in. But I'd get Oli on it.
  • Guys I'm the one who should do it this year it's totally my turn
  • See doe, I hate Christmas almost as much as I hate you all. But if I didnt hate Christmas or you I also would have reservations about adkm doing this. He is much better than he used to be but form is temporary and class is permanent.
  • Its making a list of names and addresses and drawing them at random and then making a list, checking it twice, and making sure everyone sends their gifts in time.

Its a time sink and requires a small commitment on that front, but its hardly a major logistical exercise.

I say Oli and Adkm go round the back of the bike sheds at lunch to sort out who is running it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Basically first person to copy paste a trump speech and change the word 'murica' for 'secret santa' wins.
  • Yeah but will unlikely give him his address? I wouldn't.

You just know he'll run it through the police database for funsies and then hold that caution for walking around in a pink 2XLfrilly dress and flashing builders over him for the rest of time.

Edit: ftr this post is supposed to be humourous, not serious about andy here. Unlikely does flash builders his massive belly and small C&B, that bit is 100% legit
  • Use a p.o. box always when dealing with the filth.
  • Ah come on gonzo, tis a bit much that.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!