Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Wake me when the warriors can put away a freakin 8 seed. Lol.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Of course the nuggets couldn't close in SA.

Also, RIP Hondo.

https://youtu.be/o49pzrVZOOA
  • Al Holford really is a special player
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Ungood fucking show. Wake up my team.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Too early to say if the Bucks got found out, but the game plan look very clear, and, well...
    That's the kind of scoreline the Bucks usually dish out.

I think it's just a blip though.

They can reverse this by doing the same to Kyrie.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Al Holford really is a special player

Yep.

He was brilliant. I have no idea why bucks were playing at such a slow pace. They didn't generate many live ball turns, which doesn't help, but they just walked up the whole game and allowed Boston to set defense.

Warriors game was interesting.

They clearly fouled harden on a bunch of threes, but their general defense against him was awesome. Didn't let him create and didn't break their usual stuff too much.

Off games from klay and a little bit curry counters the misses from harden. Interesting series.
  • Further thoughts...

Rockets warriors heh.

Things I think are true:

Some of the 3 point non calls were Fouls.

Outside of that the warriors def against harden and actions he creates was great.

Players put the refs in an impossible position by flopping and complaining on every call.

If harden goes down like kawhi on a landing area issue it's bad all round.

There does need to be clear ruling around protection of Jump shooters, because players are smart enough to exploit it if there's not from a defensive perspective ('sup Bruce Bowen.)

Anyone know if there's stats on whether the penalising of "simulation" in soccer has had an effect over the years?

Feel like that's the one two punch to best deal with issue. Protect shooters and landing area, but have some penalty system for flopping to allow refs to make calls with confidence.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Too early to say if the Bucks got found out, but the game plan look very clear, and, well... That's the kind of scoreline the Bucks usually dish out. I think it's just a blip though. They can reverse this by doing the same to Kyrie.

Pretty much exactly what the Bucks did...

And I think it might stay that way for the rest of the series.
    Barring injuries.

Facewon wrote:
    Anyone know if there's stats on whether the penalising of "simulation" in soccer has had an effect over the years?

Good question. It depends on what you mean. It's been outlawed for a long time, but apparently, retrospective punishment had been introduced only recently (2017), and I don't think it's made much of a difference, after taking a very crude look at the numbers (i.e. the number of people actually caught for diving in the year since then).

Tbh, I don't think it's something that needs to be 'cleaned up'. For soccer, at least, I actually think of it as valid part of the game. Perhaps with VAR, something could be done (like give the managers a limited number of 'challenge' calls). 

But think of the type of players who usually get pulled up for simulation in top flight football. They're usually highly skilful players, and in some ways, diving is one of the latent techniques they use to create more space for themselves (edit - as well gain more direct awards, like penalties, etc)...

Just like Harden overtly proves, ironically...

Wonder how Houston are going to do without him?...
  • Heh? He's not out is he?
  • Anyhoo. Warriors in 5 or 6 now. But wow I'd think about putting money on them losing gme 3.

Vintage warriors complacency game in the making.

Bucks definitely sped things up. Some tweaks defensively. But mainly, they hit more shots and Cs hit less.

Gianis worked out how to go at primary defender bit more and pick gaps in the wall too.

Still, more impressed with Cs than I was previously. This could go 7.

Be well handy for bucks if brogdon can go ok.

• Yeah I'm still thinking it'll go to 7 and we'll probably muff it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Heh? He's not out is he?

My bad, misread the report.
  • We watched the new Jon Bois doc folks? He's done it again. Absolutely amazing.
  • Of course.
  • I'd better link it either way:

You start thinking what?? this is pointless!! and by the end utterly transfixed. Top top tier content.
  • Yeah it's basically the best sports writing around imo.
  • Just watched the bucks celtics game 2.
    Not sure how representative it will be for the series - can the bucks shoot the 3 that well across the whole series?
    Kyrie irving's shot selection is "puzzling" at times, would have thought that would be a perquisite skill for being a basketball superstar.

• I'll need to see replays, but while refs called some tough ones, I think Gianis is working out how to get through.

Also, wow 4 OT. Those minute counts were Woah.
  • Let's all be very touched by this

D5vxJQ5WsAE8_TE.jpg
  • That's amazing. 

But also, damn boys, it's only round 2 game 3.

;)
  • Only a couple of games to go before the end of the Kyrie era in Boston ~ best to start the goodbyes early

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Did you see the state of his eyes?
  • Goldsbury is a good read and mind on Bball.

His piece on shot charts recently is fascinating too.

Him and lowe mentioning the flopping was right on.
  • Lol. Way to blow the dunk Mr curry.

Still, considering I thought they'd mail it in anyway, OT loss is not a big diff IMO.
  • Nice one lads, nearly there.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Bucks could choke on the Raptors though.

Kawhi looks excellent right now. He's sinking everything. I'm not an expert by any means, but I like how Leonard's kept that Kobe-like, mid range fade-away on lock, when almost every other notable contemporary has favoured 3 pointers, floaters or dunks.

Saying that, it's not like the 76ers are rolling over, Embiid's been amazing too.

But Bucks vs Raptors could be as good as the current Warriors - Rockets slobberknocker.
  • Oh I doubt we're getting past the Raps if we see off Boston.
  • Where the hell does Boston go from here?
    One of weirdest sport stories I can remember

• It's a tricky one. In a strong 4 horse race losing a second round series in 7 you can make a case for running back.

Losing in 5 or 6 with the 3 games we've seen in the middle is an issue.

On one hand, losing kyrie not the end of the world because chemistry issues without epic production is meh.

On the other, it fucks AD chase. And AD + what's left after trade = New Orleans v2.

I mean, at least one of philly or raps will likely be in same boat. Swappsies?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!