Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    They had a good run though.

Whatever they've lost, Phoenix have found, by the look of things... They've had an excellent start.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • What feels like only a few years ago (but was probably longer) I was in a sports bar in London watching the Jets play in the AFC final. They’ve been in gradual decline pretty much ever since. They’re sitting bottom of the AFC East, below the Dolphins who just beat them, in a season where the Dolphins are trying to lose.

It’s a good job that I just generally enjoy watching NFL, because supporting the Jets hasn’t been fun for a looong time.
  • Andy wrote:
    What feels like only a few years ago (but was probably longer) I was in a sports bar in London watching the Jets play in the AFC final. They’ve been in gradual decline pretty much ever since. They’re sitting bottom of the AFC East, below the Dolphins who just beat them, in a season where the Dolphins are trying to lose.

It’s a good job that I just generally enjoy watching NFL, because supporting the Jets hasn’t been fun for a looong time.

Yup. Jets suck... I quite like the Jets but have given up on seeing them succeed. I was hoping with the new QB they might improve... But no joy. Maybe with another year or two of draft picks.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Questor wrote:
    Somehow the 49ers are 7-0 -  We've not been this good since the Joe Montana and Jerry Rice days!

Crazy isnt it. Groppolo could be the first qb understudy for brady to make it as a nfl star qb.

Seems like a changing of the guard is on the way, lemar jackson, deshaun watson, patrick maholmes all look like potential franchise qb's and they are only a season or two into their careers.

If only the 49s had a brilliant QB a few years ago! Wait...

But yes they are having a stellar season. Wonder if the Pats will make it all the way to the superbowl again this year? Their team shouldn't be winning as many games as they are, it's remarkable really.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Atlanta lose Collins, probably our only legit PF, but still beat Spurs, with Trae Young on a minutes restriction...

What a player. We're fucked if he's injured again, and it will be hard to find a deputy.
    He's very different to other elite guards in the league too... Sees a lot of the ball, but is very unselfish.
  • I missed why Collins was suspended. But yeah, young. Woah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Questor wrote:
    Somehow the 49ers are 7-0 -  We've not been this good since the Joe Montana and Jerry Rice days!

Crazy isnt it. Groppolo could be the first qb understudy for brady to make it as a nfl star qb.

Seems like a changing of the guard is on the way, lemar jackson, deshaun watson, patrick maholmes all look like potential franchise qb's and they are only a season or two into their careers.

If only the 49s had a brilliant QB a few years ago! Wait...

But yes they are having a stellar season. Wonder if the Pats will make it all the way to the superbowl again this year? Their team shouldn't be winning as many games as they are, it's remarkable really.

Pats got their arses kicked by the ravens and lost their unbeaten record. Lemar Jackson put in a ridiculous performance for qb who can run the ball like a running back. I do wonder about his longevity in the game.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The start of this NBA season has been mental compared to last year!
    So many random results.

But I'll go out on a limb to make two unfounded, early predictions...

- Coby White for RotY
    - Luka Doncic MVP

While I'm still one of the cheapest of Trae fanboys, Doncic is brilliant. He just glides through PnRs, knocks down most of his shots, and flings around cross court passes like he's working with a tennis ball.

As for Coby White, he's already the Bulls best scorer! And so useful off the ball because he's so quick. He was drafted as a point guard, but looks more like a 2 as he's catching and shooting a lot.

Plus, dat afro...

Ja Morant will push him all the way though. And Ja will play more.
  • Watched a bit do ja against jazz and the Bball breakdown of him too.

He's good.

Meanwhile, finally using Hudl for game film.

Awesome stuff. On boarding is a bit weird because you have to go through a sales team and accounts and whatnot. But once you're in and set up, it's a thoroughly modern app/bit of software.

Almost completely idiot proof to tag and stat whole games.

And then the info it extracts from there is amazing.

Not to mention how easy it makes it to track things. It's golden.
  • Lemar Jackson QB for Baltimore Ravens is making teams look foolish. I do wonder about his long term longevity in the game as QB who can run the ball like a Running back dont last forever.
  • Needless to say I'm having the Bucks' Cum Shirt.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Giannis and those Curry-esque, walk up 3s. 

It's like a shark growing legs.
  • The Greek Freak God.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Doncic is taking over. Routed the Rockets.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Some bullshit...

I'm still trying to learn how discipline is meted out in BBall... That's at least a yellow card in football...

Possibly a red if he actually fell.
  • Flagrant fouls are the equivalent. There's a level 1 (yellow) and a level 2 (red).

(The comp is almost identical, although I don't know if 2 Flagrant 1s gets you auto tossed. As they count to personals, and as refs have discretionary powers to toss people with technicals (which don't count towards your 6 personals, I doubt many double flagrant 1s happen).
  • durr, should have checked, yes you get tossed for 2 flagrants. So exactly like yellow/red cards.
  • I am not disappointed with my team. I believe we lose another before the Lakers do though.
  • Caught bucks jazz. Impressive from Greek God. Stifle tower being out was big though.

Watched first half of clips @ mavs yesterday. Those mavs city unis can die in a fire.

Luka got caught out with a lot of his clever passes because having combination of George and Leonard as helpside D is utterly unfair.

Gotta know spacing, gotta know where and who your offensive personnel is, but also gotta know who the help is.
  • Dennis Rodman doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rg9JxurLzav-MGGnXZev4DOw3jmKEclH/viewNot the best 30 for 30 but a fascinating story
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yeah, watched it a few weeks ago. It's well worth a watch. He's a bit of a tragic figure.
  • Love that Worm
  • 13 point diff, feels nice.
  • NBA is intriguing this year, battle of LA in the west and a number of competing teams all with very different approaches in the east
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Some amazing results. Mavericks over Lakers and Houston were huge.

Supporting the Hawks is frustrating right now though.
    Even if Ice Trae is da troof.
  • Was really not expecting us to dick on the Clippers with Kawaii and PG on, yow.
  • Hoped we'd keep the streak going 'til we met the Lakers but a narrow loss to a cool Dallas team isn't ruining my day really.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Could be worse. I'd trade our 'streak' for yours...
    And losing to Dallas ain't a thing this year.

I like how they did it without Luka too. Very interesting team.
  • Well at least we meet the Lakers with the same record again. I think we'll lose though.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Well at least we meet the Lakers with the same record again. I think we'll lose though.

Ahh suffer you fucking wimp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!