The Last of Us - Edge has given this a [10] FYI
  • And now that Bollockoff has ensured that the thread is unsafe for spoilers whether you watch the videos or not, I'm outta here.

See you when the end credits roll.
  • This is something I'd like to play but I don't think my nerves could take it - I'm terrible with any kind of Peril in games so ill probably just watch YouTube walkthroughs and subsequently have jarring nightmares...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think there's a single zombie game I've enjoyed to date... Lets hope this is the first, as ill sure be buying it
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    And now that Bollockoff has ensured that the thread is unsafe for spoilers whether you watch the videos or not, I'm outta here. See you when the end credits roll.

I regret nothing because that's quite stupid to get soggy over.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This will be utter shit. Mark my words.
  • Mark with shit?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you like.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    I'm thinking (hoping) It'll be more branching paths (corridors) with some verticality, spliced with the odd larger open area. Not expecting Skyrim or anything.  By lush I mean visually dense, like rich in detail and atmosphere rather than scale. Maybe they can drop the virtual leash next-gen.
    I'm with you but for me a survival game really needs space, you need to be able to explore, you need to find yourself far from safety when the sun is setting meaning you must find somewhere quickly and so on. As it is I will be there from day one but I am still hankering after a true survival game...

Matt_82 wrote:
    And now that Bollockoff has ensured that the thread is unsafe for spoilers whether you watch the videos or not, I'm outta here. See you when the end credits roll.

Really? You'd never seen these before? From what I remember they were the first thing we saw enemy wise way back when.

I really can't understand the need for everything single detail, no matter how minuscule, to be spoilered. Surely some things can be talked about without a thread looking like redacted document.
  • Dammit, guys, you have away the game title!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    indigo wrote:
    I'm thinking (hoping) It'll be more branching paths (corridors) with some verticality, spliced with the odd larger open area. Not expecting Skyrim or anything.  By lush I mean visually dense, like rich in detail and atmosphere rather than scale. Maybe they can drop the virtual leash next-gen.
    I'm with you but for me a survival game really needs space, you need to be able to explore, you need to find yourself far from safety when the sun is setting meaning you must find somewhere quickly and so on. As it is I will be there from day one but I am still hankering after a true survival game...
    Matt_82 wrote:
    Really? You'd never seen these before? From what I remember they were the first thing we saw enemy wise way back when. I really can't understand the need for everything single detail, no matter how minuscule, to be spoilered. Surely some things can be talked about without a thread looking like redacted document.

Damn it John, I can't  believe you've  not caved in and delved into Dark Souls yet!!! It's  right up your ally mate. Even John of the Yard is on it now. All your talk about a 'true survival game' Pah! It's already out there mate. You'd  love it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is it co-op?

Also I have bought a few games on the back of John of the Yard saying he'll co-op with me and then when I get them I don't get to so even much as press a button with him!

Dead Space 3 was boughted on his say so, also I recently bought L4D2 and played it with nobody and RE6 because of another mate and he's spent all his free time drinking since.

Cunts, the lot of them!

Oh I could be on tonight if anybody fancies co-op'ing L4D2 or RE6...
  • Yeah plenty of jolly co op on Dark Souls mate. You can get the Prepare to Die edition for under fifteen quid now.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    A poster made from a sign I saw within the video above, not that happy with it (the ageing is a bit crap) but it'll do for starters until I get some spare time to tweak it...

8637926253_d23b8c738a_c.jpg
  • ND workplace looks so kewl & informal. So envious of all that unforced trendiness.
  • I clicked, Gonzo :/

I might go looking for the spoilers. My guess is it will be entirely predictable with a bit of minor subversion. I won't post about it though, that's just rude.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've just posted in the deals of the day thread, Joel Edition of this is £44 at Tesco Online.

EDIT: ...or £39.00 if you use this code TD-PRMR to pre-order.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Here's what you get, a neat touch getting a BluRay, artbook, comic and soundtrack. I'm also guessing that after the quality of the extras in Uncharted I'm hoping for the best with this package.

8736569610_2226c25a4d_b.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    tempting.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    tempting.
    ...at £39 it's more than tempting for anybody that was already interested in getting it I'd have thought!

Naughty Dog's Uncharted is still the best game I have ever seen for extras, the game is absolutely rammed full of them and it's a shame that other devs don't follow suit. Don't get me wrong I am not normally somebody who bothers with extras but the insight Naughty Dog gave us into the making of the game was fantastic.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Of course you get a Little Big Planet 2 costume as well.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The new gameplay vids look good, proper looking forward to this now...
  • equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Tesco out of stock already on the Joel edition..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I see a lot of tomb raider in that gameplay clip. This is very good news.
    I would say if you haven't played TR , you will enjoy it as well.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Tesco out of stock already on the Joel edition..
    Glad I got in there then!

I still can't understand why my mate is happy to pay more for the normal edition?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Because Tesco are evil? Maybe.
  • Nah my mistake. Need to press preorder. Duh...
  • When is this out?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 14th June.

It's weird that we haven't seen anything of the multi yet, maybe they scrapped it to concentrate on the Sp.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!