The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • I started SE and went clockwise.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I started there, died three times on the boss, made it through the others first time (just).  Probably had plenty to do with poor cooking knowledge/lack of hearts, but it felt tougher, particularly when close to death.  

What's the DLC all about for this?  I've seen a list of the first set, which seems like an undercard at best.  Is much known about pt.2?
  • Not much. The main bulk of the first DLC is very, very challenging though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Though we all agree about the lack of dungeons, there are still some good puzzles in places.
    The most interesting (i.e. toughest) one I found was:
    Spoiler:

Also did anyone else kop the:
    Spoiler:
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yeah. Copped it early too and that thing saw me through to the end. Then I dropped it somewhere by accident. Never to be seen again.

There are some outstanding overworld puzzles, but too many are locked away in shrines and are a little too simplistic.

Considering the staggering physics on show at times in BotW, it would be great to really play with the sandbox a bit. Fingers crossed the DLC gives us some new gizmos. An upgrade for Magnesis so it's a gravity gun would be awesome, and we really need some new enemies. And a Hookshot.
  • I just did the one by Goron City. Possibly biggest one I’ve done so far and half decent. None of them have been taxing at all.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    An upgrade for Magnesis so it's a gravity gun would be awesome, and we really need some new enemies. And a Hookshot.

I'd turn the hookshot into Indy's whip, but then you'd want some dungeons that took advantage of it. So you could either hook and pull (press and hold), hook and stop the pull for a lasso or swing (release after hooking, press again to release), or whip it as a Belmontish weapon (just press and release before hooking).
  • Items only usable in the shrines might work, then they could keep the balance elsewhere.  That way they could cram in the missing bits from Link's kitbag by presenting one to you at the entrance, to be placed on the final pedestal in exchange for an orb.  Welcome to 1 of 20 Pegasus Boots trials, weary traveller.  Your other items are not welcome here.  Would be good fan service/good for shutting us up about missing items too.   

I like what they've done with the abilities needed for shrines gifted to the player early, so you've essentially got the tools from the start, but there'd be more scope for puzzling puzzles if they were to open it up a bit for the next game.
  • In other questing news, I've been pootling around in a southeasterly direction.  There doesn't seem to be much reason to head that way other than adventuring for adventuring's sake, but 
    Spoiler:
    I've probably got another three towers to find on the map, so my next goal is to open up those fast travel points.  Will try to find time for a mammoth sit-down with it soon, I've been putting an hour or so in most days, I could probably do with another full battery depleting session.

More random musings: I'm guilty of attack spamming in this, I'm not even close to mastering the combat.  I wonder if a pro pad would help (not that I'm gonna buy one, I've already forked out for extra JoyCons, but I do wonder).

Edit: Am I gonna finish it before Mario though?  Big push this weekend.
  • I think the south east has a couple of interesting quests.
  • Also did anyone else kop the:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah. Copped it early too and that thing saw me through to the end. Then I dropped it somewhere by accident. Never to be seen again.

I got that early too.  Managed to break it though.
    Spoiler:
  • Sooooooo after what seems like months of endless 5-a-day scanning the MM amiibo I finally got the last piece of the fierce deity outfit. An outfit that is my favourite Zelda threads. An outfit that was the last thing on my BOTW to do list before I started the trail of the sword.

Once I climbed off cloud 9, it was then a quick blast around Hyrule farming the last few peices I needed to max the fecker. Not a task I was looking forward to, as it meant a few Lynels & dragons, but hey, at least the Lynel farming gave me a chance to brush up on my attacks & blow the dust off.

Once done, I was ready to kick off & finally, finally start those bloody trials.

Imagine my horror once I slotted that bloody sword in.

Fml.
  • Oh dear.  Erm, at least all that fight training will pay off?

(Seriously, you'll need it for the trials)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Am I gonna finish it before Mario though?

Not unless you've passed 50 hours.

So what happened to the outfit, I don't follow? It can't be reequipped at full Richie power?
  • Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    tin_robot wrote:
    Also did anyone else kop the:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah. Copped it early too and that thing saw me through to the end. Then I dropped it somewhere by accident. Never to be seen again.
    I got that early too.  Managed to break it though.
    Spoiler:
    I just forgot about it...
    Spoiler:

Need to go back at some point, enjoyed just walking around. Will probably do that once I get the DLC, and make some use of that Korok mask.
  • Escape wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Am I gonna finish it before Mario though?
    Not unless you've passed 50 hours.

Negative.  On the cusp of 35 I think.
  • Nina
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    On the cusp of 35 I think.

That's barely weather-beaten. The average completion time's somewhere around 100, but you could race through it if you spend a couple of hours every day on its main bits.
  • Edge suggested a rushed playthrough could be wrapped up in around 20hrs, so I was hoping to have it done in a leisurely 40-50.  Final Fantasy VII took me 57hrs iirc, that's the time to beat as my longest standalone story-driven game.  Skies of Arcadia would've given that a run for its money if I hadn't dropped my Dreamcast and drifted away from it during the repair.  I'll probably push for Ganon when I've got the required number of hearts to get the thing from the place nudge nudge (did some reading earlier in the week).
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Edge suggested a rushed playthrough could be wrapped up in around 20hrs, so I was hoping to have it done in a leisurely 40-50.  Final Fantasy VII took me 57hrs iirc, that's the time to beat as my longest standalone story-driven game.  Skies of Arcadia would've given that a run for its money if I hadn't dropped my Dreamcast and drifted away from it during the repair.  I'll probably push for Ganon when I've got the required number of hearts to get the thing from the place nudge nudge (did some reading earlier in the week).

I don't really see out long games, i have too much irl stuff to really commit to that kind of stuff.  Zelda though, think i gave it close to a 100 before completing.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Edge suggested a rushed playthrough could be wrapped up in around 20hrs, so I was hoping to have it done in a leisurely 40-50.  Final Fantasy VII took me 57hrs iirc, that's the time to beat as my longest standalone story-driven game.  Skies of Arcadia would've given that a run for its money if I hadn't dropped my Dreamcast and drifted away from it during the repair.  I'll probably push for Ganon when I've got the required number of hearts to get the thing from the place nudge nudge (did some reading earlier in the week).

It's certainly not a game to be rushed, but you could pound it out in a few hours. Don't think it would actually be fun though. Lots of restarts.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Beasts are all easy with some good food and lots of cheese, and most of the shrines are a doddle.

It's simply that everything that's engaging takes chunks of time. Rushing to the end's no bother, it's just a question of how much you're shortchanging yourself.
  • I think those 3 comments sum it up tbh moot.

Whats the rush? 

Thats why I applied my own DB, new game, DB, new game rule.

Don't rush. just enjoy, its not a race.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I completed it twice in three weeks, once at home over two weeks for 80 hour play time, then a five day period at my cousins with a fuckton of weed and alcohol. He played most of it second time round. Think that clocked in at 54 hours over the five days. All thanks.to the beautiful Livdiv.

Comparing the two, I think only 50% of things appeared across both playthroughs, and I know I missed so much stuff still. I'll be diving back in once I grab a Switch.
  • 65-70 hours played and I just landed on my 2nd DB. Gonna pick it back up at home rather than commute when I have a good hour or more to dedicate.

Doubt I’ll really play it again, not anytime soon anyway, so I’m taking my sweet time and taking every breathtaking scene in and enjoying every moment.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    65-70 hours played and I just landed on my 2nd DB.

Not sure what the average is here but I'm currently on 45hrs and am at the doorstep of my 4th DB and don't feel like I've rushed through.

I'm expecting a minimum of 60hrs before the credits, although the more I play the more I feel I'd rather that be closer to the 100hr mark. There really is so much to see and it's just such a rewarding world to search and discover.

My current record holder for a story driven game is MGSV at around 74-78hrs.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Persona 4 Golden 110 hours
    Dark Souls 90 hours
    FFX 80 hours first playthrough. Maybe more 2nd run. 
    FFXII probably took long too but I forget how long.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!