The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • And Nintendo site too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well shit. I've done it. That's up there with torture. Completely subverts you into thinking you've got to do something you don't need to do.

Fucking thing. This has been a joy so far then.
  • I gotta stay out of this thread, promised my eldest I wouldn't touch this till she got back from uni. My hype has already been crushed a smidge from some posts here & what I've read between the lines.
  • Not on you brother, on me.
  • I've been playing the DLC this evening and, perhaps controversially, I've loved it so far.  Maybe I was helped by Chalice downgrading my expectations a bit, but I'm having a great time with it, and have spent much more time than the "quick look" I was planning on.

Some hints for the first bit if anyone's finding it tricky...
    Spoiler:
    I've done
    Spoiler:
     shrines...
    Spoiler:
    So, yeah, I'm actually really enjoying the DLC.  It's a bit tougher, but so far not as bad as I feared.  (Though I appreciate the worst it doubtless yet to come.)  The Master Trials felt a bit cold and unforgiving, but this feels much more like an extension of the game itself, and I'm already finding myself getting back into the spirit of it...
  • I feel sick you figured it out that quick. I was tired but fucking hell it makes you think there's more to it in there. I'm still hugely disappointed the only new content so far is
    Spoiler:

I did the entire first bit without using
    Spoiler:

Quite proud I did it. Did you complete the trials in the first DLC Tin?

• Did you complete the trials in the first DLC Tin?

No, I did the first third of the Master Trials and then decided I'd had enough.  Whilst I appreciated the thought that had gone into the design of each trial, I ultimately found them a bit tedious (and tough) and realised it was sucking the joy out of the game a little, so I stopped.  (A bit like the feeling this DLC seems to have given you, by the sounds of it.)  

For me, this DLC has corrected that quite a bit.  
    Spoiler:
    (Next spoiler is very specific to the region Chalice mentioned earlier.)
    Spoiler:
  • Lol. I did that first try!!
    Spoiler:

That Kass music really gets on my tits.

Regarding the region we did,
    Spoiler:

Did that first go too :)

I think overall, both parts of the DLC are pretty bad value for money. Especially when you consider how packed with content expansions are in other games. I was actually expecting an expansion, this is more of a minor update IMO.

• Is there a brand new dungeon in it? E.g at least as big if not bigger than the divine beasts?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Hmm.
    No real info or full reviews out yet but doesn't seem like what I wanted out of it. I'm not fussed about trials or new weapons/armour really.
    I was after a new experience using the tools I have.

What I would have done.
    Link hears news of trouble on a nearby island, unreachable by gliding. The King appears and tells Link of a boat that the king can power to get him there (throw back to WW boat but not too obviously the same thing).
    The boat takes Link to an island a similar size and design to Windfall Island. The town has been taken over by corruption. This sets the tone of the DLC as being much darker and sombre, like the last day in Majora.

Below the town is a complex dungeon made up of integrated shrine tests, battles and a unique type of boss that is styled like the DB bosses but a different physical form. The dungeon also contains items to be retrieved, npcs to save and certain enemies to beat as side quests for the towns folk above.
  • Or one huge, labyrinthine tower, like 3 normal Zelda dungeons stuck together and multiple bosses. That would have addressed my only gripe with the main game - shrines got boring and I left 3/4 of them. I’d rather have all those little ideas put in to one big space.

Might get this DLC - liv I’ll send your copy back to you or buy it (whichever you prefer), after I decide if that’s cool.
  • Yeah mate, Just let me know.
  • I think I'm about half way through the Champion's Ballad stuff now...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    In short, I'm still having a lot of fun with it, despite some minor irritations.
  • Still enjoying this game.
    Spoiler:

Question:

What’s the best way to earn rupees in this game? After a big investment comes along, I’m usually skint for a fair while.
  • There’s a really easy mini game that you can use to boost funds if desperate.

It’s
    Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • What do you spend your money on in this?  The only thing I tend to buy is arrows, which is usually covered by selling gems.  Should I spend some before approaching Ganon?  I'm going for the big push this evening.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What do you spend your money on in this?  The only thing I tend to buy is arrows, which is usually covered by selling gems.  Should I spend some before approaching Ganon?  I'm going for the big push this evening.

Quite a big spoiler, on the spending money front...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    As for how to get money - I tended to just...
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Cheers for the tips, but what a calamity!, I've gone in unprepared.  Half of the big push done, I've reached the boss and put it in sleep mode for later.
  • Finished Champions Ballad.

Thoughts on the whole:
    Spoiler:
    By the end though, I felt I'd got my money's worth, and really enjoyed dipping back in.

Thoughts on the final section:
    Spoiler:
    And on the rewards...
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is pretty much all I've played the past week or so, its just the perfect game.
  • I was quite disappointed that
    Spoiler:
    Such a waste.
  • I was quite disappointed that
    Spoiler:
    Such a waste.
    Spoiler:
  • Just done a
    Spoiler:

This game is so wonderful.

Think I'll venture into the Lost Woods next.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    three1ne wrote:

Yes yes and yes.
  • So looking forward to playing this over the Christmas break.  My Switch is remaining unopened until then....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • three1ne wrote:
    Just done a
    Spoiler:

Think I'll venture into the Lost Woods next.

Enjoy!
  • Spoiler:
  • Just got to
    Spoiler:
    God i love this game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!