Hitman - Episodic Edition
  • I'm only on Paris but, at the risk of doing a reg with FF, it's already giving me a tingle.

Opportunities and instinct mode turned off, ofc.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This gave me a right tingle too mind
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I'm only on Paris but, at the risk of doing a reg with FF, it's already giving me a tingle.

Opportunities and instinct mode turned off, ofc.

I think that's where I went wrong. I'm taking a break from it in Hyrule at the minute, but when I get back to it that junk is going in the bin.
  • I am very lazy so I quite like those on, but I guess the most joy I got out of this was as a spectator sport. I watched a friend and lifelong Hitman obsessive come over and play it and it's like a macabre Peter Sellers joint.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd like to stumble on that stuff naturally, not follow the waypoints etc.

You still get the little notes and ideas from reading stuff right?
  • Can't recall off the top of my head, but I think so. The thing with those waypoints is that you don't have to follow them, so I never found them to be an issue. You track an opportunity and it sits in your knowledge thing, and the waypoint might be there, but you can quite easily just do stuff elsewhere. You're never punished for not following them.

Sometimes you inadvertently figure out other activities when following waypoints for another. Anyway what can I say, I am not a creative gamer, to my shame. I need the crutches.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I tend to wander in the general direction of the waypoint instead of soaking in the situation around me, and it feels too much of a game then. I know I can just ignore them, but for some reason I don't.
  • It's good but it's not quite roight.

I mean, it's definitely in top 3 hitmans, but even the existence of instinct mode irks. There's no joy at all in reading exactly what to do and where to go, everything signposted. It's why the accident deaths in BM were bollocks - a piano held aloft above an open spot and hey the winch is over there and hey you have a bomb etc.

Hitman needs to be a lot more organic for me.

Having said, still the best game released this year for me, and I've only played the first 2 chapters proper. It's on my xmas to do list.

Silent Assassin still top, followed by Contracts (mostly for Beldingford Manor*) and this. Blood Money 4th. I will ofc revise this opinion once I've finished the latest.

*that's how you do a hitman level, so many ways in, so many ways out, so many people to bump into, be discovered by, level large enough that things can go wrong then get back on track etc.
  • I'd like to stumble on that stuff naturally, not follow the waypoints etc.

You still get the little notes and ideas from reading stuff right?

You still get intel, yea

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    It's good but it's not quite roight.

I mean, it's definitely in top 3 hitmans, but even the existence of instinct mode irks. There's no joy at all in reading exactly what to do and where to go, everything signposted. It's why the accident deaths in BM were bollocks - a piano held aloft above an open spot and hey the winch is over there and hey you have a bomb etc.

Hitman needs to be a lot more organic for me.

Having said, still the best game released this year for me, and I've only played the first 2 chapters proper. It's on my xmas to do list.

Silent Assassin still top, followed by Contracts (mostly for Beldingford Manor*) and this. Blood Money 4th. I will ofc revise this opinion once I've finished the latest.

*that's how you do a hitman level, so many ways in, so many ways out, so many people to bump into, be discovered by, level large enough that things can go wrong then get back on track etc.

If you like that level you may love the hotel in this. So many wild secret things and you can have a car crash and still save it
  • Excellent. Like I say, it's goty for me, I'm just a cunt about preferring the older ones, which in all likelihood weren't as open and free as I remember anyway. Will be tightening the ol fibre over Xmas.
  • I really dislike the Colorado mission to the point that I might skip it.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I really dislike the Colorado mission to the point that I might skip it.

I'm pleased I finished it but now I have no intention of ever going back to it.
    I found I played it very differently to the rest, as these guys are all mercenaries and soldiers I felt no need to incapacitate or use non lethal methods.
    I dispatched anyone in my way in the most brutal ways I could find.
    The trickiest part was dragging each body to the hay Baler.

I finally finished the Japan level. What a great game. Can't wait to get back to it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I finished it too but same.
  • Did you manage the Home Alone inspired mission?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Haven't tried it yet, had to uninstall to play UC4, it'll be going back on after I've completed that.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just did Sapienza after a long break, did really well by
    Spoiler:
  • Got all hints and stuff turned off now?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, come to think of it, that's probably given me an issue with finding
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:
    I am very lazy so I quite like those on, but I guess the most joy I got out of this was as a spectator sport. I watched a friend and lifelong Hitman obsessive come over and play it and it's like a macabre Peter Sellers joint.

I've just been blown away by this. Amazing. Big shout to reg in particular for selling it in the goty thread.

I'm with Tempy. Enjoyed playing it, but actually want to watch Some Guy play it more.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FACE YOU SUPERSTAR
  • On reflection, I don't like it as much as Blood Money.
  • Still Silent Assassin for me. First love syndrome perhaps.

Need to play more of this.
  • This was in my psn basket when it was £24.99. Wasn't 100% sure, so read some more about it, made my mind up and went back to complete the purchase. during this time the price went back up to £44.99. Bugger.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Skondo - you may not respect me much or like my opinions or anything. But please please please listen to my pleas that this is something special and a really incredible game that rewards gaming it to the max. It's so wonderful. It's goty by any measure
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Skondo - you may not respect me much or like my opinions or anything. But please please please listen to my pleas that this is something special and a really incredible game that rewards gaming it to the max. It's so wonderful. It's goty by any measure

Why would you possibly think this reg?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nah, not any reason, just doing that preface. I really think Hitman is the most incredible game of 2016 tho
  • Do you have to kill people?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!