Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Aye, power weapons are only powerful in the right hands. Blocking their use is a valid tactic though. A good sniper can rip your team apart and make it much more difficult to win, so even if you don't have a great sniper yourself, stopping their sniper from getting the weapon is a good idea.

But yeah, their are certain parts of the map that give you better shots than others, so you want your team to be in these, and the other team to be trying to get there, so you can shoot them. Especially if this means they have to go out in the open.

I've won many a game on Battle Canyon where they keep getting Snipes and Rocks, but weren't in the best positions to use them.
  • Knight wrote:
    ok I see Nick. As promised my post about kill times is below.  *Warning, epic wall of text upcoming. If talk of kill speeds, reticle bloom, bullet spread and such like bores you, move on. * .....

*swoon*

Verecocha wrote:
    Anyone on tonight for some team classic?

Yes, possibly. I'll keep an eye out for you if I manage to get on.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Shyam39 wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Which means what? Blocking the opposing team from getting good weapons?
    It's possible to start the match with a good weapon. You're referring to power weapons. Which aren't win buttons. For example, if I ask Nexx to get the rockets I know for sure that he'll end up killing himself (and we'll go -1). Another example is Tiger killing himself and a team-mate with the Laser. Btw, if I get the sniper I can carry Knight.

If you're really good at Halo, you can sometimes use the laser  to kill yourself, three team mates and the hog they were using to carry the flag. You have to be awesome  though.
  • I brought up the needler, probably because its one of the best weapons i've ever used in an fps.

The others were either in Goldeneye or Timesplitters 2.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    I brought up the needler, probably because its one of the best weapons i've ever used in an fps. The others were either in Goldeneye or Timesplitters 2.
    In the right situation - a narrow corridor, or catching an unaware player from the flank - the Needler could be beastly and kill an opponent in seconds. But 90% of the time it was pretty awful.

I think the weapon set in Reach was poor overall, but much love has to go to the grenade launcher and the ultimate carnage blue plasma spammerspacker gun.
  • I disagree- I think apart from the bloom issue affecting that crucial dmr kill time (and the pistol) the weapon set was generally much more balanced than in Halo 3. The Shotgun, Gravity Hammer, Needler, Needle Rifle and the Assault Rifle really felt fleshed out and the grenade launcher was a thing of beauty. The only failure, I think, was the beam rifle thing that replaced covie snipes. That's a crock of piss.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    I brought up the needler, probably because its one of the best weapons i've ever used in an fps.

Fuck the needler.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Dan_Dare wrote:
    The only failure, I think, was the beam rifle thing that replaced covie snipes. That's a crock of piss.

Nooo! The ghost busters gun is immense.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I miss dual wielding needlers in Halo 2 ;-)
  • there aren't many guns which beat the needler 1 for 1 in mid-short range. People generally shit themselves when they see pink bullets flying at them :P
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I go away for a few days...
  • Dan_Dare wrote:
    I disagree
    Yeah, but you suck.
  • You're not all bad. 

119674790.jpg

WOW. As I was writing that my cat jumped up and landed on the keyboard of my laptop and pressed the 'd' key to finish the final word of the sentence. I FUCKING SHIT YOU NOT.
  • Cat of the covenant?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    there aren't many guns which beat the needler 1 for 1 in mid-short range. People generally shit themselves when they see pink bullets flying at them :P

If you're in the open, you just walk at a 45 degree angle towards the needler-wielder and they're screwed.
  • Why would I be in the open noob :)
  • the other great thing about the needler is using vs jetpacks. Nothing beats it for anti air.
  • Given the reduced Covie presence in H4 maybe the needler's out? O'Connor has said a few times about how much they're changing up the sandbox this time...

My dog typed this for me because I'm too busy.
  • Hahaha
  • Fuck I really hope 343 don't mess this up. Am more excited about H4 than ODST and Reach put together, not sure why. Just had so much fun with H3, hasn't been the same since. It's the little things - the BR was more fun that the DMR, the warthog was actually drivable, the maps were so much better.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Yes it was just little things like the maps and guns.

Re. TimeSplitters: This article was quite a depressing read as I absolutely loved TS2 and Future Perfect, I spent more time mucking about in their multiplayer than Halo's before I got my 360 online.  Neither of them are playable on 360 either.
    One project they didn't want was TimeSplitters 4, which had been in development during the final years of Haze. "We tried to do TimeSplitters 4 with everyone," says Martin Wakeley, "and they weren't interested. People say they love it, but no-one wants to sell that game." The game had been built using an upgraded version of the original engine. "Running at a constant 60 fps," says Norgate "and with more lighting effects than we could even dream of in Haze. Too little too late, unfortunately."
    :(
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Fuck I really hope 343 don't mess this up. Am more excited about H4 than ODST and Reach put together, not sure why. Just had so much fun with H3, hasn't been the same since. It's the little things - the BR was more fun that the DMR, the warthog was actually drivable, the maps were so much better.

If it puts your mind at ease at all I had a dream the other night and it turned out to be shit.

It turned out that the new ancient evil enemy was Dubs who'd defected to the other side. It was well scary. The Chief ended up hiding behind a rock saying "game over man, GAME OVER!" 

I've also become super excited though. I actually think there's more chance of H4 working out than what Bungie are doing. Gotta be easier working from an established template and starting from scratch.
  • Dubs wrote:
    Yes it was just little things like the maps and guns.

Also it was you. I barely played H3 against you, but up you popped in Reach, and jesus fuck you wouldn't die would you.

H3 = fun, Reach = not so. COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT
  • Hahahaahaahahha
  • I'm generally with Oakter on the weapons. Take bloom off the DMR and pistol and ignore the sniper and Reach's weapons are WAY better than H3. Rockets are much better in Reach, the shotgun is better, the plasma pistol is better, the pistol is way better, there are less weapons that effectively do the same thing as each other, the grenade launcher is genius. The focus rifle and snipers are the only disapointments. Bungie had it right in the Beta but then they followed their classic weapon balance method of nerfing the gun instead of making it harder to aim. That was its only problem in the Beta, it was really easy to aim with, if they'd sorted that it'd have been fine. Instead they gave it a really long kill time. Meanwhile the sniper's hitbox is miles too big, which made it much easier to use than H3. Oh yeah, the AR is crap in both. I wish they would do something with that weapon, put proper recoil or bloom on it and force the use of controlled bursts and make it more powerful. Do something to stop it being such a bore to shoot.
    GT: Knight640
  • Timesplitters was amazing i liked being that really annoying lion
  • Knight wrote:
    I'm generally with Oakter on the weapons. Take bloom off the DMR and pistol and ignore the sniper and Reach's weapons are WAY better than H3. Rockets are much better in Reach, the shotgun is better, the plasma pistol is better, the pistol is way better, there are less weapons that effectively do the same thing as each other, the grenade launcher is genius. The focus rifle and snipers are the only disapointments. Bungie had it right in the Beta but then they followed their classic weapon balance method of nerfing the gun instead of making it harder to aim. That was its only problem in the Beta, it was really easy to aim with, if they'd sorted that it'd have been fine. Instead they gave it a really long kill time. Meanwhile the sniper's hitbox is miles too big, which made it much easier to use than H3. Oh yeah, the AR is crap in both. I wish they would do something with that weapon, put proper recoil or bloom on it and force the use of controlled bursts and make it more powerful. Do something to stop it being such a bore to shoot.

I think some of those who reported on the H4 MP said that the AR seemed much more like a contender in this one, but weren't sure if that was just the beefy sounds it was making. 

I've always loved the AR aesthetic and it's still very much the iconic Halo weapon for me. WOuld love to see it as something more than just a noob-spotting devise in 4.
  • I've said before that it should be made in a shit-kicker of a cqb weapon- Give the BR / DMR as a mid range starter and use the AR as a secondary.  In tight quarters, it should totally rinse the mid range weapons (and yes, kill with less than an entire clip). I want to see it having that killer edge like the needler where it's not a utility weapon but given the right circumstances it kicks ass. 
    it'd be noob friendly enough and good players could still use grenades and melee to kill faster and better.
  • TS2 is my favourite fps. This is why.

Best MP map ever. And the homing rockets were gorgeous.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!