General Kickmans (FIFA/PES/FM & The Rest)
  • I've downloaded the pro and FIFA demo but only played the pro one and it's feckin brilliant so FIFA can do one! Just a question if anyone can help me...the new 3 vs 3 co-op online mode sounds great but if no one on your friends list is a footy fan can you make up the rest with randoms?
    Peter3C
  • Haven't played footy games for a couple of years but absolutely love the Pes demo it's like football ffs! I'll probably wait for the inevitable price drop in 3 weeks and practice on the demo. I'd love it if there are some badgers up for a few games...
    Peter3C
  • I've not played the latest demos, but had played a bit of PES 2017 fairly recently, then at the weekend played some multiplayer fifa 17, and was quite shocked at how 'clunky' FIFA felt in comparison.
    I do generally think though that both games have fell too far down the simulation rabbit hole, and both games suffer for it.  Too much like hard work to play now, with a lot of the fun having been sapped from them.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I just like the Idea of 3v3 with friends or randoms. And maybe master league if I have the time.. going to resist until sale price.
    Peter3C
  • But Jesus you'd need 4 hands to manage all the controls...I just run tackle and shoot if I'm lucky..
    Peter3C
  • That's the 10-hour EA Access trial of Fifa 18 full game available. Even though I'm maining the Switch version, I'll have a poke around, start a Gers career.
  • Someone told me that the web app is up - is that true?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I've no idea what that is, sorry. If it's a FUT thing I definitely don't use it.
  • Bought Pes yesterday. Started my master league and played some 3vs3 online. Great fun. I'm utter shite but still managed to hold my own against 3 Feckers and me on me lonesome with com help. The on pitch action really is top notch. Any badgers up for some Pes give me a shout if you fancy it..
    Peter3C
  • I'd say I'll be getting FIFA for switch too unless it's total cack then ..no
    Peter3C
  • Apparently EA are having 'trouble' getting review codes out for switch review.  It was also really really tricky to find it for pre-order without going through secondary scalpers wanting £60+.  I'm presuming this means it's gonna be shit?
  • I got a preorder from shopto for £42 quid no bother.

Got sauce with that? Bit nervous myself at the lack of demo/outlets publishing things.
  • It's gonna be shiiiiiiitttttttt
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I hope not though, previews have been promising though

Got sauce with that? Bit nervous myself at the lack of demo/outlets publishing things.

It was something in the letters section on GC last week. A reader wanted to know if they were reviewing switch Fifa and GC replied that EA said they were having trouble getting out the review code.

It was something in the letters section on GC last week. A reader wanted to know if they were reviewing switch Fifa and GC replied that EA said they were having trouble getting out the review code.

Yeah , imagine that's hard as fuck. For me that's a big concern
  • It'll be shame if the Switch version is shit because they were making all the right noises about it in interviews and sounded sincere, dammit.  

I'll be going PS4 for Fifa, probably not immediately but I'm being nagged by a couple of mates who are eyeing it up.
  • Hmm. Will hopefully see Thursday if the shopto gods shine on me.

If it's pish I'll take it to work and trade it in for the bone version.
  • Whether it's shit or not it's still hard to get hold of so if you can make your mind on it within a day or two I imagine you'd at the very least make your money back.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    HELLO GUYS WHO IS BUYING FM?????
  • No love for Pes here, for shame!! Young people these days..
    Peter3C
  • I went PES a few years ago, but these days most of my kickmans is done with my mate, and he never settled into the different feel, so it’s FIFA. I’m worried now, though, because I want to get it on Switch, but the lack of reviews is concerning.
  • I'm hoping for decent FIFA on switch too. Fingers crossed. Pes is beautiful to play though..
    Peter3C
  • Let's do our journeys:  Champions of Europe on Master System, World Cup Italia 90 on Megadrive, Fifa on MD - Sensi and others for regular Amiga mp with mates - then Worldwide Soccer on Saturn, World League Soccer on Saturn (I think - the one where you could put a code in to unlock a full set of re-recorded commentary for legit names, Best Cheat Ever), ISS Pro '98 instead of Worldwide Soccer '97, then nothing owned until Pro Evolution on PS2, a series I stuck with yearly until the shoddy 360 effort, Fifa 09, then back to Pro Evo for two years, then Fifa 13, 15, 17.  

My journey in Fifa 17 went like this: Three pre season hattricks and one brace, iirc, at Man Utd, sent on loan to Norwich, lost interest shortly after being recalled.  What did I miss?
  • Most, but not every step of my journey...

Spectrum - Matchday 1 & 2, Striker, Superstar Soccer, Emlyn Hughes' International Soccer
    NES - nintendo world cup
    amiga - Sensi, lots of sensi
    SNES - super soccer, ISS, ISS Deluxe
    N64 - ISS 64, ISS 98
    Gamecube - Winning Eleven 6 FE
    PC - PES 5 +6 I think
    then from about FIFA 10 varied between FIFA/PES on PS or PC, but they all become a bit of a blur and none really stand out (the first FIFA with pro clubs is probably the last time I really got into and enjoyed regularly playing a footy game).

and there was 'The Beautiful Game' too. ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

and there was 'The Beautiful Game' too. ;)

Save the best until last eh?
  • Wooooft. Now yer asking.

International Soccer on C64
    Italia 90 on MD
    Fifa 95 on PS1 for 59.99 in the Electronics Boutique concession in Debenhams in Glasgow Xmas eve '94
    ISS on PS1 with ravanelli and ince on the front, I remember it releasing very close to Tekken 3, which I was so hype on.
    OG ISS on the 64 - that and the former made me enjoy Konami's offerings more that all others
    Champ Man 97/98 on our first pc, if you could ever get my dad off it, amazed by Encarta.
    Uefa Dream Soccer on the DC. Stefan Effenberg was a monster in that game.
    Pro Evofuckinglution Soccer - PS2. The start of the glory years. Bought every one up til the pinnacle of all fitba games, 6. Truly amazing stuff. Hours days and weeks spent in Master League.. I'd dabble in the odd fifa though. There was a time you didn't get PES on the OG Xbox so I remember 2004 with the "first touch system being awesome, and Del Piero being a beast. But it never touched the One True Game.
    Mario Strikers on Wii was a banger. As was Virtua on the DC.

I remember being so excited for PES 2008 on the PS3. Never had a 360 at the time and it surely was just gonna continue being the best damn thing ever.

Wrong. It was a turkey. Never felt so disappointed in a game tbh. And of course, FIFA 08 introduced a lot of things we now take as normal. Be A Pro mode, the "just take shots and do fancies" loading and start screen, that was all new to me and I thought it was genuinely great.

And I've been here pretty much since. Rented all the shiters of the PS1/2 era. Adidas, Actua, This Is etc. All a bit pish. RedCard was a buzz though..

I've got a lot of gripes with how fifa is now (FUT, complete lack of innovation on presentation/tactics etc) but after a good blast at the weekend with Chazmano I've got a feeling the full-fat 18 will be a classic. Plays as good as it ever has.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!