Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    Probably should have instead of pissing off to Israel and creating the Palestine problem.

I think you'll find the Great Britain had a big part to play in that. As well as carving up the middle east after the first word war into territories that bore little resemblance to the cultural and tribal boundries of the area. So guess what, many societies don't feel particularly loyal to Syria or Iraq, because they've always been outsiders in those countries and persecuted and oppressed. You clearly have no grasp on the the complexities over there.
  • If the Torie mega army went about killing kids then you'd join UKIP. Either way, no matter what went down you wouldn't just abandon your home. Why would that even enter your mind?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What if they were both killing kids?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Why would it enter your mind? Maybe you'd like your children to live, and not die for political causes that you have no belief in.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There are diasporas all over the world of people who have successfully avoided dying for things that they didn't care about. More power to them.
  • Scotswahey wrote:
    Probably should have instead of pissing off to Israel and creating the Palestine problem.
    I think you'll find the Great Britain had a big part to play in that. As well as carving up the middle east after the first word war into territories that bore little resemblance to the cultural and tribal boundries of the area. So guess what, many societies don't feel particularly loyal to Syria or Iraq, because they've always been outsiders in those countries and persecuted and oppressed. You clearly have no grasp on the the complexities over there.

I know fine that they ignored the advice of Laurence of Arabia and set up Israel anyway. If they'd listened to the man we probably wouldnt be in the place we are today. The Kurds are persecuted and oppressed. So why dont they run?

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A lot of them do. Not all Syrians are running. Why don't you google the numbers for Kurdish diaspora?
  • And a lot are showing up wanting into the UK specifically instead of being happy theyre away from the warzone no matter where that may be. Why be in france and italy and say I really really need to go to the UK other than for selfish reasons?

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What's a selfish reason? Wanting a better life?
  • Well thats the issue a lot of people have. They've left the warzone and theyre safe but instead of thinking we'll stay for a bit until its safe and go home. They're instead thinking where can we get the best deal, am i fuck going back there.

• Scotswahey wrote:
    And a lot are showing up wanting into the UK specifically instead of being happy theyre away from the warzone no matter where that may be. Why be in france and italy and say I really really need to go to the UK other than for selfish reasons?

If I had to leave the UK for some reason as a refugee then I'd want to aim for the nicest country I could. They are coming here because this country offers a much better opportunity for them than Italy or France, no offence to Italy or France, that's just how the UK is perceived by many people throughout the world.

I'm sure there are refugees that settle in Italy, Greece and all the other Mediterranean bordering countries, otherwsie there'd be like a milion people chilling out in Calais about now.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    France, Greece and many other countries have more Syrian refugees than the UK.
  • Safe to go home!
    Have you seen Aleppo!?!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    Well thats the issue a lot of people have. They've left the warzone and theyre safe but instead of thinking we'll stay for a bit until its safe and go home. They're instead thinking where can we get the best deal, am i fuck going back there.

How long do you think it will be until it's 'safe to go home'? They're just going to hang around by the border because it will be over by Christmas? Anyone with any sense knows this will go on for a long time and is planning a long term move.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Also, the idea they have of Britain is outdated - if they had more sense they'd be looking elsewhere.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It is either troll o'clock, you're drunk or failed key stage 3 history.

Or multiple of these
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think most of those who have been waiting to get into the UK rather than settling in Italy or France are doing it because they already have family here.
  • It's kinda weird to think of refugees that are fleeing ISIS, have left their lives, nearly everything they own, and maybe even had to leave friends and family behind, to then maybe make extremely dangerous sea crossings and travel across land on foot or however, crossing several countries, walking god knows how many hundreds of miles and suffering all kinds of squalid conditions and being turned away over and over again, as somehow cowardly or lazy fraudsters just in it for a free ride.
    Jesus fucking Christ, Scots.
  • Is Scots Gary Johnson?

You have some weird fucking ideas mate. I dare say the vast majority of us would fuck right off from Britain if it descended into civil war and we could get out.
  • Please firebomb this thread.
  • Theres a lot less swearing and anger on here than on the old EDGE forum.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, Mod's not here anymore.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah, Lawro's not here any more.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • In before some people get annoyed about some people talking about some other people who aren't here anymore.

or something

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd go Harkonnen for their Devastators.
  • Is Scots Gary Johnson?

You have some weird fucking ideas mate. I dare say the vast majority of us would fuck right off from Britain if it descended into civil war and we could get out.

I know I have no loyalty to this stupid country.
    I'm comfortable here because I know it and we have the best selection of crisps on the planet.
    If shit kicked off my only reason for staying would be my family. My Brother, Sister in law and parents would fuck off in a heart beat but I wouldn't want to leave my Dad's parents.
  • Thats because Englands a shit heap. You'd want to save Scotland :)

• Scotland is alright but not a viable country on it's own.
  • lol

• Are you one of those people who think rebuilding Hadrian's wall is viable?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!