Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Haha! Not only is he alive but I'm also no longer fucking miles away from the next mission. Result.
  • Fuck, it didn't save the really long mission I'd clearly just finished, I'm next to it because I'm back at the start. That's what I get I guess.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @Uncle and Goober
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Fuck, it didn't save the really long mission I'd clearly just finished, I'm next to it because I'm back at the start. That's what I get I guess.

Save scumming swine!

There's a survival RPG which does away with that by auto-saving constantly. It gets around it by not having you die and respawn, instead you'll have a scenario where you'll be knocked out, captured, have your gear stolen, wake up with a disease from the monster that bit you etc. and have to carry on from there. Quite a good way to go about it.
  • @Uncle and Goober
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • @Uncle and Goober
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I haven't been back to it since, but then iv had a ton of new stuff to play also.
    Sorry to be that guy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    @Uncle and Goober
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

It wasn't meant in an aggressive way, sorry if it came across like that.
  • I too kept the same horse for the full game. It was a beautiful girl i named Alan.

Edit.

No worries Goobs.
  • Also to round this off;
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    @Uncle and Goober
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Worst page ever. First the save scumming by me, then loads of stuff I can't click on.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Tbh I’m still astonished Moot is still in for it. Seems like the polar opposite of what he usually goes for.
  • I love a good six-shooters blazing western, same reason I played RDR. You're right though, If it had zombies, super army soldiers or space aliens in it there's absolutely no way I'd consider it, it's too big for its own good.
  • I know what you’re saying about the size of it but once I was around 2/3 of the way in to the chapters it felt entirely warranted.  The world and it’s landscape are the games most important character tbh and the size and scale only add more and more astonishing depth.  It kinda crept up on me though as I was just initially owverwhelmed by it all.  I’ve never come close to finishing a rockstar game before this one.
  • I don't really get to know where anything is in games this size, even though I'm playing for ages I just use waypoints and head off.  I know 'Sandy knee' is in the bottom right somewhere, but otherwise its all just random areas to me, was a similar thing with Zelda.  I don't feel the need to get to know the map inside out because it's unnecessary.  It's a stunning landscape for sure though, and things like train and musical score trigger points really add to it.  The bit where you're riding to a song rather than instrumental music was sublime.  One of the things I do like is the cinematic camera and auto route finding.  I haven't travelled anywhere manually for ages.
  • I'm great at GPS. I'm like a hooman GPS. 
    But, yeh, in this and games of its ilk lately I never memorise routes or locations. 
    I just let the auto drive or golden breadcrumbs lead me.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Shame you still have to hold X in auto mode though.
  • That's true, otherwise I could've easily completed a couple of my Switch games in the time I've spent trotting along in this.
  • Up to the epilogue in this. Am I right to assume this bit will end up being the length of a normal game? Enjoying the
    Spoiler:
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not particularly long. 3 to 4 hours maybe iirc.
  • I might do this today then, ta.
  • Spoiler:
  • Finished. (100% story.) What an incredible masterpiece. It was tough to slog through sometimes, i very nearly quit, very glad i didn't.

Choice. Arthur, John, Dutch, they all said more than once 'what choice did i have?' I feel like that's meaningful somehow, but i'm not sure how.

Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes mate well in
  • I can't imagine how good it'll look on an awesome pc. It still looks incredible on ps4 pro.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its gonna look shit hot, expect 30mb images lads
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, put them up.

After being turned off by the the online game early doors I gave it a try after the recent update and it's got me hooked. You can play as three roles, Trader, Collector and Bounty Hunter.

I went with Trader first, Cripps will butcher any animal carcass at your camp and when you have enough for a delivery you drive your wagon to the sale. You can be attacked on the way or at the drop off point, also you can choose to make a longer delivery which opens up the risk of human bandits with a greater reward. There's the occasional supply run that has you stealing from other business to keep yours running, or you can buy them but where's the fun in that? Also, think of the profit margin.

I added the Collector role soon after, this has you searching the map for rare collections, from booze, playing cards, jewelry and (always my favorite pastime with RDR) picking flowers.

These work great in tandem, as while you're out hunting you sniff about places of interest for anything valuable, it's given me an excuse to explore the glorious world again.

It's still riddled with quirks and foibles, that no good bastard Cripps will pack up your camp at the drop of a hat and it can be bizarrely difficult to get it set back up. Hunting works on the quality system and if you botch a kill and a three star deer skitters off wounded you spoil the pelt by putting it out of its misery, yet you can lasso a three star carcass and drag it miles back to camp without ruining the pelt in any way. But it's stable, no dropped connections for me and there's been almost nothing in the way of griefing, the sad sacks must have moved back to GTAV and left the bow legged cow pokes to it.

I'm loving it all over again.

1mX1vST.png
  • Sounds interesting. I never dipped into the online as history taught me with gta v to wait for rockstar to get a firm hand on it.

I'm still plugging through the campaign but am determined to get it done. It is a fantastic game.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!