Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    So have so far found it pointless to get a new horse, they're all the same as far as i can tell. Minor differences, plus once you get a bond with your horse maxed you can't be arsed breaking a new one in.

Gun shop is abit pointless, never ran out of ammo or had to buy a gun or modify one.

There is a magnificent horse up in the snowy area of the map in the North. If you can capture and tame that it's definitely worth it.

The gun shop is good for buying the "better" versions of ammo iirc rather than crafting them. Plus it's always nice to spruce up your shooters. What kind of outlaw are you if you don't take pride in your tools of the trade?
  • You can use trains to fast travel?

Worst bit is the super fast clouds, once seen, impossible to unsee (sorry). Wish they'd slow the weather down a little, 30 second storms impress nobody.

A great game to peace out to.
  • Yes a great game to chill and play though the occasional fecked up mechanics do pull you out if the illusion.

@goober i will go have a look for the horse next im in that area. I love the snow area especially at night. So peaceful.

As for guns other than cleaning them i havent found the need to buy them. I've not used the modified ammo either or partaken in dominoes or blackjack or poker. Guess im a poor imitation of an outlaw.
  • Back in this for the weekend, must've spent an hour just playing poker earlier, thanks again for the loan, unc.

• Jesus playing this game I can only imagine the amount of crunch put in; I've crunched, I've crunched hard, but this is something else. I can taste the broken relationships with every bit of dappled sunlight.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Back in this for the weekend, must've spent an hour just playing poker earlier, thanks again for the loan, unc.
    pro tip. Shoot the cunts when they won't let you win.
  • The thought had occurred to me, am trying to play as I would act irl tho. Knocked some cunt out in a fist fight mind so it's not all that realistic.
  • So I finally starts this via GamePass. Couple hours, yeah it's doing its thing, all very well presented. Wow moments mainly coming from the cinematic camera and the class score. It's just... The act of doing things with your fingers to the pad and seeing a character move and do things you want it to in game... Is not a good experience, at all. There's something not clicking with me. I'm not itching to go back.

It's like I've been given War & Peace and have to read it for class. I know it's good, it clearly is, it just feels so dense and unenjoyable so far. I dunno. I'll go back.
  • It's a slow start but some of that rings true for the whole experience imo.  I liked it on the whole and I finished it (all 50 f'ing hours of the main missions), but I might've got more enjoyment from playing 25 other games instead.  Definitely not for everyone.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's a slow start but some of that rings true for the whole experience imo.  I liked it on the whole and I finished it (all 50 f'ing hours of the main missions), but I might've got more enjoyment from playing 25 other games instead.  Definitely not for everyone.

I think i got to chapter 4 and gave up
  • Just loaded this up after upgrading to Xbox One X. Wow it looks nice, i played it all through on S
  • The controls are never all that intuitive, although you get used to them. The game picks up once you venture out and get to explore the world. 

I treated it more like a virtual holiday, a chance to step out into this beautiful alternate world.
  • So I finally starts this via GamePass. Couple hours, yeah it's doing its thing, all very well presented. Wow moments mainly coming from the cinematic camera and the class score. It's just... The act of doing things with your fingers to the pad and seeing a character move and do things you want it to in game... Is not a good experience, at all. There's something not clicking with me. I'm not itching to go back. It's like I've been given War & Peace and have to read it for class. I know it's good, it clearly is, it just feels so dense and unenjoyable so far. I dunno. I'll go back.

I've started cos GamePass and Gav's post absolutely nails the niggling, 'I'm not sure I'm really enjoying this even though it is clearly a very well put together thing'.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I’m with Larry on this. It went from being a disappointing game to the best sight seeing I’ve ever encountered. I forgive so much about the game because of the world they’ve created.
  • I think i get what Gav's saying. Playing it, it's like you're guiding a character through a film/story, it's quite removed from a more 'twitch' gameplay.
    as such i have periods where i play it and enjoy the experience, but rarely feel like i'm having a lot of 'fun/excitement' doing it. so i don't feel much urge to go back.
    I generally prefer games with that '30 seconds of fun' on loop type experience, and don't like down time pottering about in between.
    RDR2 is heavy on the pottering about - it's probably the absolute best most incredible pottering about in games, with it's scope and variety and beauty etc...but for me it's too easy for a play session to end up as nothing but pottering about, which for me (personally, with my own time availability etc) always feels like a waste.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You've got to immerse and lose yourself in it, which is easily done as it's the best, most atmospheric and complete world ever depicted in any medium. The missions are some of the weakest parts for me, a later section is almost completely comprised of set piece missions without any down time or exploration to be had in between, it's a real missed opportunity. If it clicks with you and you get into the right mindset it's magical.
  • Tried another couple hours there. Hunted a legendary bear. But again - good thing buried under a mass of slow/confusing/not fun things. Gah. I just feel overwhelmed by it? And bored?

Should know myself to just step back and let the cheerleaders crack on. Maybe another time it'll grab me. My time off work... I dunno... I have an innate pressure I put on myself to make the most of it, and if it is just chilling playing games, I'd better really enjoy it. If I don't All Of The Time, I get antsy and annoyed.

tl;Dr - maybe not the game for me right now. Apologies for the ramble like anyones bothered.
  • Probably not the game you need right now. Maybe you need an FPS or something so you can let off some steam?
  • MW is filling that hole spectacularly well. That and Fifa and SOR4 is doing it, with a blast here and there on Grid. Proper switch-off stuff. Is what it is.
  • Shelve it for now I guess. It's not like it won't still look glorious in another 6 months (although it might slip off game pass if GTAV is anything to go by). I didn't really enjoy it until my second run at it - got 15-20 hours done in 2018 and did the rest in the middle of 2019. Enjoyed the second attempt far more.
  • Can I play through disc one before installing disc 2?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A delightful combination of two of my favorite things, I feel blessed:

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So this game apparently had some of the most insane anti-piracy around. 

Some mentalists have finally cracked it and leaked. Fair fucks.
  • Played this online for a few hours the weekend. Had a bit of fun on it, bumped into some other groups and no one got shot. Sort of amazed how friendly the players were. I was expecting a shit show full of morons killing you on sight. Quite the opposite actually.
  • People are shit at poker in RDO. I'm not good at poker, but I haven't left a table yet with less money than I started with.

First ever time walking into a saloon tho some bloke ran out and sparked me cold, killing me. Bastard. Haven't had a single gunfight in free roam though, folks seem to happy to let you be. I'm ready for the fuckers though if they try it.

Don't know if anyone plays the online here but I'd be up for getting a posse together of there are.
  • Playing poker in the online in Saint Denis is my current go to late evening / nighttime thing, usually with some Willie, or now Sturgill on. What a game.
  • The stories at the start of it put me off.  It was basically impossible to get anything done before you got yer head blown off.  What’s the gist now?  Is it similar to the main game but with actual irl people in your gang?
  • There's a mission or two you do at the start that has a cutscene and bit of story, quite liked that tbh. Then you're on the map and have stuff on the map to go that are either standard PvP matches or mini stories like the stranger icons from the sp (steal this horse and bring it back etc). Or just roam around and do activities. I haven't explored a lot at all tbh, but there are roles you can do like trapper, bandit etc that presumably have their own mission sets.

RDR1 I played pretty much exclusively online riding around with a posse of mates ranging from two or three to 8 or so I think, just riding around looking to bandit it up / grief (never been a griefer in any game before or since but it felt thematically sound in that, spying two lads picking flowers for a quest and galloping towards them to fuck them over).

Will update as I go, atm I'm just playing poker and doing the odd horse theft.
  • Hmmmmmm. Is there a next gen version out/announced?  If not then surely in time for Christmas?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!