The Alternative Nintendo Switch Thread: A Relentlessly, Remorselessly Positive Discussion
‹ Previous1234567
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't know about anyone else but I feel extremely excited about Nintendo Switch and have no reservations about the upcoming console at all!!!

Let's share our unbridled enthusiasm with each other!

9joLC78.png

Oh wow, now you can walk your very large dog and play Zelda at the same time! How convenient!

jf6Nnnj.png

Holy plumbs! Now you can go on a plane and play Skyrim on your propped up console, kind of like at home!

eNpKJPu.png

Wow! And now it's actually exactly like at home, because the man has seamlessly continued his gameplay from the plane, through the taxi-ride home to his living room! All praise the extremely long-lived battery for facilitating this! Also: I'm glad the man survived his plane journey due to a lack of terrorism!!! Hooray!!!

6JvAanM.png

Oh great! I know from ten long years on this forum that we all love being hipsters in the back of a van, and now we can play Mario Kart with friends while engaging in hipsterism too! Lives changed!!!

qHPNvwf.png

Oh wow! A new 3D Mario! And even better, it turns out the Nintendo Switch base unit goes really well with some random candles and a pot!!!

iC92x2k.png

Fresh!!! It's Splatoon, the game where you spew negativity ink around any fucking thread in this forum about new hardware a range of fun environments!!!

jTt5XFr.png

And cheering on the Splatoon players is an entire arena of positive people, positively cheering for the incredibly positive Nintendo Swtich and its positivalicious catalogue of games, just like this thread is and always will!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If this had been an actual positivity thread I might have got involved. Missed oppo - could have gone in the other thread
  • Are you doubting the very honest and positive words of ERE?
  • Sorry, dropped these: ???!!!?!!!?!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Maybe
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    MUTINY!
  • Dead man walking
  • I feel like what's missing here is some mayonaaise slathered chips and several words like this
  • Is Yossarian banned on this thread? ;)
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:

Let's share our unbridled enthusiasm with each other!

9joLC78.png

Oh wow, now you can walk your very large dog and play Zelda at the same time! How convenient

I didn't see the picture for a moment I was worried, the mention of a dog got new thinking Molyneux was making a game for it

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • AHAHAHAHA WOT IS THIS THRED?

Oh noes people don't like a thing I like I couldn't possibly stand to have the two things in the same thread/ 

FTR I'm on the fence, but feeling increasingly positive towards the little bastard.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Whether or not I'm day one depends on price and battery life. Either way I'll probably cave at some point and get one, because Nintendo.

I'll get Breath of the Wild for Wii U, though.

!!!!!111!!!one, etc.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • NOT POSITIVE ENOUGH. BAN RQST SWIRLY.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If it's hacked to pieces R4-style, I'll buy one and love it.

Besides the too-small-for-its-case screen and probable battery wheeze, it's a lovely bit of tech.
  • Customer testimonial:

Things had been going bad for some time. Doreen no longer seemed interested in me and had started taking about 4 evening classes every week, whether it be pottery, or bee keeping or what have you. Bizzarely, whatever the class she would always come back disheveled, slathered in various off-white juices and walking like a cowboy after a particularly brutal cattle drive. I remember she came back especially filthy after a Eurasian Beat Poetry lesson. She had also started to use a second phone, which I felt was odd - she claimed this was because all of her classmates had failed to get hold of her on her main phone, so this was just for her evening classes. Strange, I really need to contact O2 about that.

Anyway, I showed her the switch video when it was announced and she turned to me and said "That's lovely, dear". I think that means she's really interested in it. Now, I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but I think the Switch could save my marriage. Thank you Mr Nintendo!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Heartwarming.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    NOT POSITIVE ENOUGH. BAN RQST SWIRLY.

IMMA TOUCHIN' MAH DICK THINKIN' 'BOUT DA NINTARNDO SWITCH.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • The new Zelda might be the best game ever so although I don't like buying extra screens because I live in a tiny flat with space for only one screen and I'm not getting a screen out when I'm out because that's not the way I roll and I don't even have a smart phone and my last mobile console was a Gameboy Advance SP and I never got that out in public because it looked like a child's toy and I'm a man with biceps so a mobile console with a screen doesn't fit my self-image or the image of me those who love me have so I'd be paying for a screen I'll never use and that's totally ostentatious and perhaps even obscene in a world where people are dying although admittedly they're not dying due to a lack of access to screens nonetheless I'll probably buy this Nintendo screen or the previous Nintendo screen to play Zelda because it looks glorious and gorgeous but I'd prefer a screen-less version without the screen.
  • I think it looks really interesting and fun and I'll certainly be considering it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I use a GB Micro in public to make my sparrow's kneecaps look bigger.
  • I think it looks really interesting and fun and I'll certainly be considering it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I use a GB Micro in public to make my sparrow's kneecaps look bigger.

I’d forgotten about those. So cool, yet I never bought one.
  • I'd still like to get one just to have for the gadgetiness of it.
  • I reckon the GB Micro was about the size of a Joy-con. Proof that tiny controllers can work, mayber?
  • I traded in a load of old games for ps3 I don't and won't play again. I think I've probably paid off my Switch already.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think joycon is a lot smaller than a GBA Micro, but I haven't seen one in ages though
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • This thread was 100% positive until reg came along.  Goddammit reg.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I really like the Switch but do not like this thread do I start a new thread?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    I think joycon is a lot smaller than a GBA Micro, but I haven't seen one in ages though

Looking at the dimensions being bandied about for the Switch, longwise the Micro is the same/slightly smaller than the Joycon.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
‹ Previous1234567

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!