Dishonoured 2: Besmirched
  • New game + does at least let you keep
    Your runes
    The Forum Herald™
  • Anyone who likes this should try the prey demo.
  • Yeah for sure.. I can imagine a similar set up in teh future working nice.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Coming in hot from a double play through of D2 I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I finally completed this. Ending was a bit of a let down but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to 2nd playthrough
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Has anyone taken the plunge with Death of the Outsider?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I haven’t kept updated with release date and previews etc. No idea that it was out! Seems to have received decent reviews. Does it have physical release as well as being dlc? I’ll go for it once I see it in CEX.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup think there is a physical release. Don't think you need the main game.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I haven’t kept updated with release date and previews etc. No idea that it was out! Seems to have received decent reviews. Does it have physical release as well as being dlc? I’ll go for it once I see it in CEX.

Stand alone, Boxed Release. Was £18 in GAME so barely seems worth waiting to CEX it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I know, but I do have lots of CEX vouchers to use, not much cash nowadays, already lots on credit card, and also playing other games so can wait... so I’m gonna CEX it. Even if CEX costs £20 for example it’s still better given my situation.
  • Is it better to get on PS4 or Bone in terms of if I wanna eventually pass on to someone else at a badger discount? I think most of us are Pissers rather than Boners?
  • You can borrow my copy when I'm done if you haven't been to CEX by then?

It's more Dishonored which is a good thing.. but I think that's where the good things end for me...

The three powers are a variation on blink.. again.. and a sort of detective vision which I'm finding hobbled by the timer and the distance you can use and the fact that it's generally just not very good.. and a face swap thing I've not bothered with on account of you literally have to be in touching distance.

The main problem for me remains in a game that has a lot of instant deaths and encourages experimentation the load times are still to long.. there's too many guards and with the no moral choices this time round it's just too easy to kill everyone.. well I say too easy it's still easy to be over powered and it constantly annoys me there isn't a default pistol setting, even with it hot swapped you have to hot swap out before you can deal with a surprise encounter because left hand is normal set to blink.

The Story is a bit shit too.. I really can't be bothered to read loads of bits of paper that are explaining things. At least with Bioshocks audiologs you could carry on while people banged on.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just tried to play Dishonored 2 again. Just can't get into it and will be getting rid of it. Loved the first game, not sure why i'm not getting this one.
  • @Bob, thanks. But I’m unlikely to get round to it for quite some time. I‘ll borrow it or buy it off you if you still have it when I do get round to it though.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Just tried to play Dishonored 2 again. Just can't get into it and will be getting rid of it. Loved the first game, not sure why i'm not getting this one.

It's the location I think. The sun drenched plazas just aren't as atmospheric. First game was loads better imo.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    They made a big song and dance about Bloodflies but on doing my kill everything playthrough last month I found nothing actually changed in that regard. In the first game there were rats and zombies everywhere if you did that.

Likewise they bigged up the silver dust storms in pre-hype footage but it's only one level that has them.
  • There's no blood flies at all in the DLC yet. And I must be about 2/3 rds through.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I blame making Prey simultaneously.
  • I dunno if games are art but the art direction in this game is. The architecture, furniture, paintings, faces, almost everything is second to none. Such incredible attention to detail, it's beautiful. And really fucking violent.
  • Yeah, love the art-direction and world-building (everything really) by Arcane.

Just hope it sold well enough so they can keep on doing their thing.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just started this. Did anyone else get stuck in the first room? Didn't think to try to open the other windows as they looked like part of the wall textures, kept trying to jump to freedom from the open window.

One of those times where that ingrained knowledge of video game logic has seen me come a cropper, I bet Nate would have sussed it straight away.
  • It's a great great game. Nearly everything you can think of to try will work.

Two play thrus for me and if I had the time I'd try a third no powers play thru.

Still prefer the first game though.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    It's a great great game. Nearly everything you can think of to try will work.

Two play thrus for me and if I had the time I'd try a third no powers play thru.

Still prefer the first game though.

Very enjoyable though a non stealthy run through wasnt as fun i found
  • Just started this. Did anyone else get stuck in the first room? Didn't think to try to open the other windows as they looked like part of the wall textures, kept trying to jump to freedom from the open window. One of those times where that ingrained knowledge of video game logic has seen me come a cropper, I bet Nate would have sussed it straight away.

Yes. Yes I got ‘stuck’ too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!