Westworld - Full Of Spoilers
  • It felt like all the time jumps were there for the sake of it, that's their thing and they'll throw them in whether it helps or hinders the story.

I don't think any of the characters are that interesting, they boil down to mad rich people, lackeys and robots with the rich people and lackeys possibly being robots.

If the action was good I think I'd stick with the next season, but it's pretty poor fare considering the money being spent. There's been a few great individual shots, but most of the big set pieces seem like bad ideas on paper that then aren't improved by the stunt team and direction. The lack of character, muddying the water about the robot abilities and miraculous revivals and escapes that happen all the time make for some very unexciting sequences.
  • I wonder about the class system / eugenics aspect of the plot, and whether that might come to the fore next season, with Dolores etc out in the real world.

Delos were ‘backing up’ humanity. But only the people who visited their parks. Which means only the people who could afford to visit the parks. And we know from comments in season one that a visit to Westward has hideously, unfeasibly, expensive. So Delos were only saving the super-rich.
  • This show is laughable, I laughed.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just finished season 2 and exactly same problems as season 1. Dragged out pointless filler for what is really a 6 episode season at best.
  • Twas a bit shite. 
    There doesn't seem to be the online buzz surrounding season 2 either. 
    And I must admit I couldn't wait for the final episode of the season to wind up, it was turgid.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I got jumped on for saying Westworld was shit.

WELL IM KING OF THE MOUNTAIN NOW FUCKOS
  • It’s pretty and it’s dumb, but it at least aspires to some depth (even though it fails). There’s far worse out there.
  • I got jumped on for saying Westworld was shit.

WELL IM KING OF THE MOUNTAIN NOW FUCKOS

It's so fucking shit bud u are the best at opinions after me of course
  • I've really enjoyed S2, so have just been catching up on the final three episodes now I'm back home. Eps 8 & 9 were absolute quality, but I have to say I have absolutely no fucking idea what the finale was all about. Left me completely baffled.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • So MiB was a robot all along?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • No.
  • There's two things that would have pulled me back to this after the mess of the 2nd season. The first, getting out of that bloody park, looks like it's been done. Two is more linear straightforward story telling. Too much mystery boxing, twists for the sake of twists, jumbled up nonsense last time around.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ooh, yes please.
  • Oh it's him off BB!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I like Westworld, but that last series was so complicated that I'm struggling to remember any of it now. The extreme length of the gap between each season does it no favours.
  • I thought Delores had transferred herself into the body of that Afro-Carribbean head baddie lady? But her she is shooting shit up? What gives?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I like Westworld, but that last series was so complicated that I'm struggling to remember any of it now. The extreme length of the gap between each season does it no favours.

I was literally talking about this today and I think of any series this would benefit from binge watching.

• That trailer is interesting but odd. Westworld 3: The world outside. Could work, mayber.
  • God, that new episode was fabulous! It was like Cyberpunk 2077 the TV show.  Delores looks stunning in it, and it's like they've taken snippets of bits from Bladerunner and Cyberpunk, but it looks and behaves like its own thing. Very impressive.

Not too sure about the
    Spoiler:
  • Agreed it was a good episode but.....

Spoiler:
  • The temptation to go full product placement on this show must be immense. Is that Jessie looking at his new smart watch? Ooooo, is that a Casio?
  • Ok. So I just watched this. 
    I had absolutely no idea what the fuck was going on, but then again, that's Westworld for you.
    It's intriguing enough to stick with though.
  • Yeah, I’m swept up in the gorgeous future dystopia world. Loved it. Got quite disappointed by the Nazi World reveal. (Fuck spoiler tagging, the thread title says SPOILERS WITHIN.)

The gorgeous future dystopia world is designed largely by B.I.G. if anyone’s interested. Probably the hottest architecture practice in the world right now.
  • Did you struggle to make out a lot of the dialogue? I thought the sound mix was way off. Certainly didn't help trying to work out what the fook was going on.
  • Yeah, I did struggle. But I have that problem often so I didn’t think much of it.

For example, at the end … when Bernard said to the boat guy where he wanted to go … I couldn’t hear what he said. Could have been ‘restaurant’ or ‘Westworld’.
  • Seems to be a thing. I was watching breakdown vids on youtube after seeing Ep1 last night and the comments section was full of people complaining about the awful sound mix.
  • Do you know what did come through loud and clear though? DOLORES'S FINE ASS THAT'S WHAT!
  • Well they certainly showed it to us often enough.
  • That bit at the start where she takes over that guy's smart home was chillingly well done. The Matrix-like 'find me something fast', the instantaneous transformation into that dress -- just so many nice touches like this that they managed to cram into a very generous 70 minute episode. That jarring use of Common People as she turns the table on her captors! I could go on and on!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!