Days Gone.
  • I'll be astonished if the end result is very different. The final game will have the pretence of being open world, but I'll bet the bike sequences take part in what turn out to be essentially outdoor corridors, and the action areas, as per that video, push you through a predetermined path, in order for the tide-of-zombies thing to work. Otherwise, any area will be awash with zeds with no escape route in seconds.
  • Yes. The horde scripting was toned down massively for the E3 demo because the devs didn't want people trying their demo for the first time to just get repeatedly slaughtered, so it's not particularly representative of what they have in mind for the finished game.
    Me? I like the look of it. It's easy to be critical of a heavily scripted demo that you're viewing rather than playing, but I can see fun in the potential blind panic when it all kicks off. Doesn't hurt that it's also very pretty. Open world...crafting system...yadda...yadda. Don't know if there is co-op planned, but that could be a hoot.

Some guys who aren't terribly annoying talk about the E3 demo here...

and there is an official trailer type thing here...

one to watch maybe

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's the dirty guy from Walking Dead game.
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Fallout have already done apocalypse about as right as it ever gets. Last time I saw this, it looked like a rather brain-dead tech demo.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Fallout have already done apocalypse about as right as it ever gets. Last time I saw this, it looked like a rather brain-dead tech demo.

Different apocalypse though

And some one whinged about fallout 4 a lot

I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • FALLOUT 4 WAS FUCKING JOKES THO.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Errr exsqueeze me you forgot Metro Mr Plebe.
  • Isn't Last of Us post apocalypse?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Isn't Last of Us post apocalypse?

No it's post post apocalypse
  • I wish they would just fuck off all zombie games and get together to make DAY Z for the consoles. This game looks stupid, DAY Z on the other hand would give me a reason to actually use my PS4
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Bob wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Isn't Last of Us post apocalypse?

No it's post post apocalypse
    When all the fences fell over?

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    When the mail service failed.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • That's a shame.
  • Was really looking forward to this this year.
  • Meh - game looked like tired shite every time I saw it, and this is from someone that really likes Sony Bend (I think I’m the only person here who completed and enjoyed both PSP Syphon Filter games).

The quality of open-world games has gone up pretty considerably these past years, to the point where the old fetch / gathering / kill / collect quest foundation is feeling tired and constantly getting called out.

Add to that characters who felt like they were written by teenagers, combat that was all about looking tense but came off as scripted and full of smoke and mirrors, and a general aesthetic that was just...eugh, and you get where Days Gone is. It’s been pretty prominent at a few Sony conferences now, but the fact is that most people just don’t give a shit. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing serious reworks.
  • It has looked bland at its various showings, but I liked the idea of bombing it around on a motorbike.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    That's a shame.

SoD2 at least. Is this co-op too?
  • Dunno.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Meh - game looked like tired shite every time I saw it, and this is from someone that really likes Sony Bend (I think I’m the only person here who completed and enjoyed both PSP Syphon Filter games).

The quality of open-world games has gone up pretty considerably these past years, to the point where the old fetch / gathering / kill / collect quest foundation is feeling tired and constantly getting called out.

Add to that characters who felt like they were written by teenagers, combat that was all about looking tense but came off as scripted and full of smoke and mirrors, and a general aesthetic that was just...eugh, and you get where Days Gone is. It’s been pretty prominent at a few Sony conferences now, but the fact is that most people just don’t give a shit. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing serious reworks.

This.

Also the Syphon Filter PSP games?!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Meh - game looked like tired shite every time I saw it, and this is from someone that really likes Sony Bend (I think I’m the only person here who completed and enjoyed both PSP Syphon Filter games).

This.

Yeah, they were great - first once especially. Probably best syphon filter games, after SF2. What of it?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    That's a shame.
    SoD2 at least. Is this co-op too?

No, its single player only.

Which seems like a lost opportunity.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

This.

Yeah, they were great - first once especially. Probably best syphon filter games, after SF2. What of it?

Not a dig at all, I'm impressed
  • I still think it looks alright.  I'm not interested in it because fuck zombies, but bikes, guns & "get some!" has a certain appeal.
  • Presumably delayed so they can add some Pirates.
  • They could delay it until 2029, it’ll still be a turkey.
  • Andy wrote:
    They could delay it until 2029, it’ll still be a turkey.

As long as its December 2029, traditional turkey.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!