Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
  • 10/10 WOULD BANG
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Capcom is not civilised, pig. This is where the game stops, and the DLC starts.
  • Go ahead, I don't shop here.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Your double season passes are a disease.
  • Seriously, if he is in MvC I might change my pre-order stance.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Oh, we'll definitely get shit on by Capcom and MvCI DLC. Odds on most of it'll be on the disc anyway and behind a ransom wall. Double odds on some people on here will defend it vociferously. Triple odds on Ultimate MvCI will drop <6 months after MvCI and split the player base.

But I'm still buying this because it's MvC, and if it's like previous MvC titles, my time with it will be brief but glorious.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I am OK to defend day one DLC depending on the situation but struggle to justify on disc stuff, certainly what Capcom do isn't right.
  • Let's lighten it up a bit.

Pick up to 3 characters from both Marvel and Capcom (3 each) that have never been in a previous MvC but you would like to see in Infinite.

Marvel
    1. Mr Sinister
    2. Mandarin
    3. Man Spider (Spiderman mutation)

Capcom
    1. Merchant (Resident Evil 4)
    2. Asura (Asura's Wrath)
    3. Birdie
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Ulysses
    Venger
    Skeletor
  • Is He-Man a Marvel book?
    I forgot we could pick from most of Star Wars now as well as they are Marvel comics.
    May as well pick Donald fucking Duck in.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No, this is Mattel vs. Hasbro. Roujin knows.

Mindwipe or Starscream; don't mind which.
  • I would play that.
    Teddy Ruxpin Vs Matt Trakker.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    YES! That's what we're talkin' about!

Miles Mayhem, though. Cliff Dagger for piss-tier, and you know it. Manta Force is three men with shrunken health bars in a team.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always liked the Brad bloke but then I also liked Face and Rick Astley, I guess I wanted to be a pretty boy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • All about T-bob and Man-E Faces having a battle over moral lessons, only to be owned by a fistful of Ring Raiders.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I did like Iceman, but besides Batman and Spider-Man, none of the DC and Marvel characters were popular here. And outside of Batman Returns (and even in that a bit), I've always had him down as a knobber.

I'd love to have a crack at designing a UK-flavoured version. I couldn't promise a good game, but I'm sure I'd like it a lot more than this one. And because I'm so sad, I've even thought about those characters a bit since I mentioned them...

Ulysses

Easy to picture, with a bunch of sweet links for his gunsword combos.

Venger

Obviously a fireball-zoning tank with slow movement and a horse-duration Super; for real. Until his ‘Genei Jin’ meter runs out, he gets to fly around throwing homing fireballs. He can block when he's grounded, but those are his only mounted attacks. Can cancel out of the horse at any point.

Skeletor

Taskmaster's already stolen his template, so his design's half-done.

Manta Force

The only character with assists. Three Servbot-sized guys with low individual health and low joint damage, but the ability to completely swarm with a complete team onscreen at once. Somewhat overpowered to start with, balanced with two, and extremely weak with one. Access to some of their vehicles for specials.

Mindwipe

Can fly around in bat mode, but with no attacks. This'd only be useful for running away for a few seconds if you had a decent lead near the end of a round. It's true purpose would be combo-extension, by cancelling in-and-out of it while opponents were OTG. Some of these combos'd be really tight and showy.

I'd also give Mindwipe a duration Super that took away either your opponent's grabs, their grounded specials, or their AA specials. With the same animation so that they wouldn't know which one immediately. Ryu wouldn't be in my game, but imagine activating on a Ryu to remove his AA specials. You'd then have some nice meta where you could dash forward, and if he thought you'd wiped his throw and tried to punish you with a DP, you'd get to throw him as he whiffed its failure animation.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    And Mer-Man, for sure, 'cause I love that boy. Kraken-summoning Super. Specials that flood areas of the screen with water that slows his opponents' movement. Mirrors'd be interesting.

Toys, not comics.
  • Love the manta force idea. That was one hell of a good toy. Red venom as dlc
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'm pretty sure I could design a game that was fun to play, but probably not a balanced one. I'd just make everyone overpowered in unique ways, and then try and make each character's weakness the fact that they don't have the strengths of their opponents. Overlap their strengths as far as possible with a Venn for reference.

The alternative approach - nerfing everyone to fit a one-size mould - has given us Street Fighter V. I was thinking the other day about how none of the Tekkens have had balancing updates on console. Dark Res had a netcode patch a while into its life on PS3, and Tekken 6 had another netcode patch during its first fortnight.

Because they have the advantage of arcade updates over a year or two before launch. The majority of Tekken characters are overpowered, it's only the even more OP characters keeping them off the top. I've said before that Lee has almost every tool I want, and he's been mid-tier for ever.

Anyway, Marvel: I won't know who most of the characters are. It's a game for Americans, really. I had to look up Morph, 'cause the only Morph I knew was Tony Hart's mate. I know most of the Capcom side, but they always focus on the jobbers.

Whatever they do, fighting-game systems are all tired and need a dev with the balls to kitchen-sink one for exploration. Big Band's the only recent example I can think of. Great netcode, a PS3 driver and low input lag, but a shame about the game.
  • Escape wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I could design a game that was fun to play, but probably not a balanced one. I'd just make everyone overpowered in unique ways, and then try and make each character's weakness the fact that they don't have the strengths of their opponents. Overlap their strengths as far as possible.

You just described Guilty Gear.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Looking forward to being back in Tokyo in July and SFIV still being the only game in town
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    You just described Guilty Gear.

I know you're a big fan of its visuals, but if you reskinned it and handed it to me without letting on, I'd probably say it was a mechanical belter and happily play it. If ArcSys made a game that looked like CvS2...

(On that note, I really miss the stages and music from the first two Tekkens.)
  • Escape wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I could design a game that was fun to play

Said everyone ever.

(Apologies for cuntish)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Designing a fun game that hasn't been done before is exceptionally hard. But designing a fightman's only a matter of giving a twenty-year-old template a jiggle at this stage. Yeah, it might be shit, but the alternative's to leave the genre to accelerating staleness. There are tons of flow-encouraging 2D mechanics to copy, but it needs an injection of fresh ideas that won't be forthcoming with Marvel characters from Capcom.

Mike Z's a brilliant coder with weeaboo eyes, and there's no-one else making 2D fighters that aren't J-inspired besides NetherRealm. I'd like to use old toys because their implementations are obvious, and they don't carry the threat of edgelordiness from stepping away from Japan's crusty toons.

We wanted Bushido Blade 3; they gave us For Honor.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I don't how well supported it is nowadays, but MUGEN has been around for years and pretty much allows almost anyone to build a fightman and experience the difficulties in balancing characters and creating movesets
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The last interesting thing that happened in fightmanland was Ortiz' transition.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    bogard wrote:
    It should have been a conversion of the Vita version. LOLOLOL.

If you see it in CEX or similar, grab it. Rarer than hen's teeth.

I already got the digital version. Bought at launch. Kinda regret not getting the physical version now.

• Curtis wrote:
    Smang wrote:
    Gems. first fighter in a long time i will not be pre-ordering.
    They already confirmed the gems are the equivalent to picking X/Y/Z-ism before a fight starts. Nothing to do with Strekken's horse-shit!

that is exactly what they said about the gems in sfxt pre-release.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!