Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I expect a Liverpool win tonight, even without VVD. Bayern are having a bad season by their standards and its an ageing team. Really think Liverpool could kill the tie off tonight with a 3-0 victory.
    My take - You expect a 1-1 and that will give you space to comment on Liverpool's performance. I think Liverpool are suffering fatigue rn fwiw YMMV YNWA

Fixed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think Liverpool will find it too difficult to dispatch Bayern.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I expect a Liverpool win tonight, even without VVD. Bayern are having a bad season by their standards and its an ageing team. Really think Liverpool could kill the tie off tonight with a 3-0 victory.

My take -

You expect a 1-1 and that will give you space to comment on Liverpool's performance.

I think Liverpool are suffering fatigue rn fwiw YMMV

Nah Reg, Bayern are shite. I seriously expect Liverpool to beat them comfortably
  • Our defence really is decimated at the moment though. If Bayern take their chances tonight, they could make it difficult for us in the 2nd leg. I never thought I'd be praying for the return of Lovren.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • 1-1
    regmcfly wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

My take -

You expect a 1-1 and that will give you space to comment on Liverpool's performance.

I think Liverpool are suffering fatigue rn fwiw YMMV

Yes 1-1
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Easy win for Bayern tonight.

It that time of year for lolerpool.

Most of my confidence in that result is the fact it is the opposite of Dino's prediction.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Skade wrote:

It that time of year

When we have another epic European night at Anfield and streamroll the opposition on the way to yet another Champ League final? Yeah, couldn't agree more.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Skade wrote:

It that time of year

When we have another epic European night at Anfield and streamroll the opposition on the way to yet another Champ League final? Yeah, couldn't agree more.

Yes, it's your season.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Our defence really is decimated at the moment though. If Bayern take their chances tonight, they could make it difficult for us in the 2nd leg. I never thought I'd be praying for the return of Lovren.

Decimated? You’ve only got Gomez out thru injury and VVD suspended
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Our defence really is decimated at the moment though. If Bayern take their chances tonight, they could make it difficult for us in the 2nd leg. I never thought I'd be praying for the return of Lovren.
    Decimated? You’ve got Gomez out thru injury and VVD thru suspension

Exactly. They might need to play Lovren.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Decimated? You’ve got Gomez out thru injury and VVD thru suspension

Exactly. They might need to play Lovren.
    Matips playing
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm going 2-1 to the lollers of Pool.
  • Milner on the bench? Not watched much Liverpool this season but isnt he one of your best players? Also does he not play centre mid anymore?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Not for years, no.
  • He plays wherever really. He's quite good, committed at least. Not the most creative.

Good lad, 'triffic engine. etc.
  • He can pass a ball too. Strange omission. I'd rather have him running around in midfield than Henderson. But Klopp knows what he's doing I guess.
  • football_tactics_617x411.jpg

Henderson's metronomic sideways passing, finger pointing and shitting out of tackles could be the key to this game.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Liverpool look like they're struggling here.
  • Bayern looking good. Coman and Gnabry giving no fucks.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That was a big miss.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The more they show it the worse it looks.
  • If Liverpool get one goal, this bayern team will collapse. They are shite.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    He can pass a ball too. Strange omission. I'd rather have him running around in midfield than Henderson. But Klopp knows what he's doing I guess.
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Henderson's metronomic sideways passing, finger pointing and shitting out of tackles could be the key to this game.
    He's been great so far. Exactly what you want from a DM.

Anyway Liverpoool really shoud've scored by now, even if they started slow.
  • Yeah, he has been surprisingly good.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Liverpool look off the boil a bit here. They've been really sloppy with some great chances, which isn't what you've come to expect from Liverpool.
  • Salah’s not been at his best. Bayern have defended well up ‘til now though.
  • 12 days liverpool had to prepare for this game and this is what they come up with? poor. klopp is gonna get bayern'd once more.
  • I don’t think 0-0 is the worst result for Liverpool. Kept a clean sheet with both centre backs missing, and in the second leg Bayern will need to push forward more than they did tonight.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    If Liverpool get one goal, this bayern team will collapse. They are shite.

Unbeaten in the CL this season, three points off the top of the Bundesliga after bringing Dortmund back from a 10 point lead, and champions of their league 6 times in a row.

Utter fucking shit they are, terrible team.
  • They are by their own standards a shite team seeing that normally by Feb Bayern are 10points clear in the league. They are towards an end of a cycle and need a rebuild.

When have you seen a Bayern team in champs league keep 10 men behind the ball? Or instruct Alaba and kimmich not to cross the halfway line? Robben and Ribery are 35, Muller, Leodowski, Hummels, Boetang, Martinez, Neuer are in their 30s, the core of their team. Fergie said you can't have more than 2/3 players in your XI and be competitive at the elite level.

Bayern have a huge rebuild job. They have been criticised relentlessly in Germany this season. Gnarby and Coeman are not good enough to replace Robben and Ribery and as we all know prices for young players are at a ridiculous level right now.

If it wasn't for Liverpool's wastefulness in front of goal, Bayern would have lost by at least 2 goals imo. They would have had to come out and try for an equaliser leaving gaps in midfield and defence. A great result for Bayern, still think Liverpool will go through.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!