Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Jammy fucking bastards.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Fuck right off you cunts!

Just getting this for the page turn.
  • Put to the sword. Deserved.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Should have been five or six but whatever.
  • Liverpool are no doubt the best club side in Europe at the moment. Wouldn't put it pass them to retain the champions league. Hopefully utd board will wake the fuck up and ditch the deadwood as liverpool and city did so ruthlessly at the start of Guardiola and Klopps reigns.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Hopefully utd board will wake the fuck up and ditch Woodwood

• Happy enough with that today, all things considered. Thought we'd get murdered before the game (and I'd managed to convince myself Maguire would get sent off), then thought we were in the process of getting murdered in the run up to half time. Then I fancied us to equalise for about 15 minutes towards the end. Salah's goal made no real difference to me.

Plus I'm starting to really like Williams.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Liverpool are no doubt the best club side in Europe at the moment. Wouldn't put it pass them to retain the champions league. Hopefully utd board will wake the fuck up and ditch the deadwood as liverpool and city did so ruthlessly at the start of Guardiola and Klopps reigns.

Best club in the world.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Top whoopee cushion lols at the snooker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/snooker/51169569
  • Well news gets better for utd, rashford is out for 2 months with a stress fracture.
  • Might go and buy some popcorn to eat while I watch this again.

• It is a good job they had to go to an ad break, not sure they could all continue to get higher pitched in their voices.
    It is like someone dials up the Chipmunk filter every time they make a new point.

Also someone tell Evra not to wear a double breasted waistcoat if he is sitting down.
  • I like Keane, and don’t like Carra all that much (as pundits, roles were reversed as players). It felt like someone at Sky had told Carragher to ‘go at him’ as it would create good telly and bring about lots of clicks on social media.
  • Almost certainly what has happened there, see Sutton's entire punditry career.
  • Yep. Then you end up thinking that fanTV shite is worth following then you find out they're all Murdoch puppets too.
  • Yeah, it’s like all these stupid YouTube ‘fan channels’.

Drama, outrage, confrontation & disagreement fuel them (and drive their cynical business models). There’s no room for genuine insight or calm appraisal.
  • I was watching some of the American football last night and the way they analyse things sounds like gobbeldegook to me but just about parsable.

But one of the really cool bits was how the two pundits sort of had this rom-com chemistry when talking about how player x done in player Y and how it evoked this team from twenty years ago. They were basically finishing off each other(s tactics line). It was quite a joyous bit of punditry.

It is deffo possible to have good analysis that is friendly. The problem is though the pundits on sky prem have too much skin in the game. Keane obviously loves Solskjaer but even he must admit he’s not doing the job Man U demand after sacking mourinho and the time he’s had and the money he’s spent. If any other manager with solskjaers record showed up there’s no way they’d be anywhere near Man U.
  • Ole’s doing as well as can be expected given that he’s not a top manager. He’s a bit of a clown but I’m sure he loves United and tries his best. Given the last few years they’ve had, if I were a United fan I’d appreciate that fact, whilst still acknowledging he’s not the man to lead the club further.

Being at a club that’s run like a circus means it’s a tough gig for anyone. I was genuinely staggered to learn they’d been playing Rashford with a fractured spine. The squad’s a mess, the owners are greedy idiots and Woodward’s an incompetent. That’s not OGS’s fault really. The club bowing to fan demands to appoint him after a decent period as interim manager seems like the main problem.

Keane’s right to say most managers should be given more time, but we all know it’s not going to happen.
  • I was watching some of the American football last night and the way they analyse things sounds like gobbeldegook to me but just about parsable. But one of the really cool bits was how the two pundits sort of had this rom-com chemistry when talking about how player x done in player Y and how it evoked this team from twenty years ago. They were basically finishing off each other(s tactics line). It was quite a joyous bit of punditry. It is deffo possible to have good analysis that is friendly.

Yeah the BBC NFL coverage is fantastic.
    I think they pitch it to be informative knowing a lot of viewers won't necessarily know the game and it is a bloody complex game. Plus you are right, the chemistry is great.

In terms of football coverage I always enjoy MotD2 much more than the Saturday show.
    No Shearer for a start but they tend to have a lighter tone in general and less games normally means better analysis.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Ole’s doing as well as can be expected given that he’s not a top manager. He’s a bit of a clown but I’m sure he loves United and tries his best. Given the last few years they’ve had, if I were a United fan I’d appreciate that fact, whilst still acknowledging he’s not the man to lead the club further. Being at a club that’s run like a circus means it’s a tough gig for anyone. I was genuinely staggered to learn they’d been playing Rashford with a fractured spine. The squad’s a mess, the owners are greedy idiots and Woodward’s an incompetent. That’s not OGS’s fault really. The club bowing to fan demands to appoint him after a decent period as interim manager seems like the main problem. Keane’s right to say most managers should be given more time, but we all know it’s not going to happen.

Agree with all this.  Ole's my favourite player ever, love the man to bits but it's easy enough to predict that he's not the right man long term.  I hope I'm wrong obviously, but as you say it's unlikely we'll get to find out anyway.  I think he deserves more credit than he gets at times.  The fact that this United team would've been two points behind 4th if they'd won yesterday is pretty impressive on paper.  That's partly down to how up and down everyone around us seem to be this season, but he's done reasonably well imo.  This squad - with the players from it that he's had available - could easily be properly adrift at this stage of the season.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Yeah, it’s like all these stupid YouTube ‘fan channels’. Drama, outrage, confrontation & disagreement fuel them (and drive their cynical business models). There’s no room for genuine insight or calm appraisal.

I dunno, I think both Redmen TV and The Anfield Wrap are both good watches, with measured intelligent punditry.  Can't speak for other teams' YouTube channels though.

@Moot_Geeza.    Is it that both Woodward's and OGS's fates are now intrinsically linked?  One can't go without the other?  The Chief Exec had got what he thought was 'his man' but now Champions League qualification is seriously in doubt, no matter how bad things might get he can't sever that appendage without incurring massive bloodloss that might prove fatal to himself?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Double McDonald's WiFi post.
  • Woodward will survive sacking the next 5 managers because he'll just sign a noodle partner deal in Thailand.
  • Our fan channels aren't that bad to be fair - from what I've seen. Mercifully free of rapping too, which is good. The Anfield Wrap anyway, which seems alright. But things are going well for us at the mo.

ArsenalTV and the like are the ones I was moaning about, they just hang around outside the ground after a bad defeat just waiting for a handful of the 50,000 fans to rant and rave, rip up their season ticket on camera and denounce everything about the club. Throw in the odd leading question to rev them up a bit, pocket the profits from broadcasting it and move onto the next game. Basically contributing nothing, except to their companies profits. 

The Jeremy Kyle-brand of supporter feedback, loud braying morons shouting and calling everyone a disgrace whilst egged on by some lowest common denominator Youtube 'personality'.
  • I think Woodward will cling on for a few years yet, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I'm expecting Ole to be replaced at the end of the season unless he secures CL qualification through either door.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think Woodward will cling on for a few years yet, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I'm expecting Ole to be replaced at the end of the season unless he secures CL qualification through either door.

I would give ole another season or two as a minimum. Whats the point changing manager again if you dont have the players? Too much deadwood in the squad. I've said it before, Klopp and Guardiola would struggle with this team and the incompetence of the board. If woodward had any footballing nouce, he'd install a proper director of football and go back to signing sponsorship deals.

Short of Saudi takeover of the club, things wont change. It needs chnage from top downwards.
  • Klopp was interviewed by Woodward wasn't he? And saw right through his footballing Disneyland bullshit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!