Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • Listening to a podcast with some footballing journalists. They reckon like the rest of Europe are planning, this current season will become null and void and we will restart a new season in August/September.

Serie A are planning on promoting two clubs from serie B for next season and plan an expanded Serie A for one season. Premier league may do the same and promote leeds and west brom and have an expanded premier league for one season.
  • Some old sporting events coming our way courtesy of the BBC.
    I watched the England vs Croatia 2004 game on Saturday and found it really picked me up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52134253

There are some Euro 96 matches coming. Has to be Scotland vs England, I could watch Gazza's goal on repeat for 90 minutes.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What a moment that was, few mates and beers round my house, my wispy 16 year old chin was enough to get me served down the offy. Jamie comes on and starts to dominate the middle of the park, Seaman saves, then that goal, what a day
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I was 10 so it was straight up the park trying to replicate it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oh yeah, itv player have the full games while BBC are showing highlights I believe but things change pretty quickly
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Bbc doing best of match of the day as well
  • MOTD presents: Jermaine Jenas' top 20 most obvious punditry comments.

Includes:

"He'll be disappointed with that"

"Helluva hit"

"That's a shocking miss"

&

"The keeper's cost them there"
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    literally
  • My favourite class-punditry is when there's a near miss and someone goes, "he couldn't have hit that any better". I reckon they do it on purpose.
  • If anything he's hit it too well.
  • I really hate “you gotta hit the target”. As if most goals are not score aiming towards the post rather than maximising the chance of “hitting the target”
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If anything he's hit it too well.

Quality
  • I’ve always liked how when a player scuffs it or is inches away from connecting with a cross, “He’s just got to get something on it”. Like he didn’t realise he was supposed to make physical contact with the ball.
  • I love the unnecessary pluralisations as well. Normally when listing big clubs like your Arsenals and your Chelseas. Like the ones done by the Alan Shearers of this world. Your Jermaine Jenases, your Ian Wrights and your Danny Murphys.
  • Yeah what is that?
    I'm pretty sure that only exists in football punditry.
  • All you guys need is the Football Clichés twitter account. He's class. His thread on Lampard doing the ah-yes-funny-point-followed-by-a-deadly-serious-point thing is fucking hilarious.
  • Theres a co commentator who i think might be irish who covers european and english football in the states. He has some of the best and craziest lines ive ever heard during a match. Wish i could recall his name.
  • My mate's a season ticket holder at City and has just been informed that they are still going to take payments for the scheduled games off him during lock down period.

What an absolute piss take especially coming from the richest owners in the world. Guessing it complicates their already tricky FFP situation not having that revenue but fuck me that's scandalous.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol yup hard to justify that really!
  • Eric wrote:
    My mate's a season ticket holder at City and has just been informed that they are still going to take payments for the scheduled games off him during lock down period.

What an absolute piss take especially coming from the richest owners in the world. Guessing it complicates their already tricky FFP situation not having that revenue but fuck me that's scandalous.

Arsenal will still say there’s 60,000 at their games.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    My mate's a season ticket holder at City and has just been informed that they are still going to take payments for the scheduled games off him during lock down period.

Arsenal will still say there’s 60,000 at their games.

No one would notice the change in atmosphere, tbf.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Eric wrote:

My dad just got that
  • Eric wrote:

I think the same thing is happening to me at Palace.

It’s a tough one, because if you pay up front, you’re not currently getting a refund, so there’s no real reason to stop the payments. There’s also the reality that the payments are also a scheduled credit/loan plan that was agreed up front.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like my £45 a month payment to stop in the interim, but I accept the reasons why it isn’t.
  • 3:30 today iPlayer and red button.
    France vs Argentina from the 2018 World Cup.
    This was a cracker of a game.
  • So liverpool are the latest club to furlough their non playing staff. Its a disgrace and top flight football clubs are taking the piss. Players still on full wages but people who earn 20-40k a year furlough'd. Now i hope they dont get awarded the title.
  • My favourite bit is their age-old rich person's defence against pay cuts: the NHS / other tax-funded service would lose out because less tax take, as if these fuckers pay anything like normal rates of income tax on their revenue
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    My favourite bit is their age-old rich person's defence against pay cuts: the NHS / other tax-funded service would lose out because less tax take, as if these fuckers pay anything like normal rates of income tax on their revenue

Plus it's irrelevant right now. The government is printing money and wiping out NHS debt.
  • Plus if they were that concerned they could still tax the gross and donate some out of their net!

I see that slimeball Gordon Taylor is still around and was seemingly the one who refused the deal. Can't believe he hasn't been caught out for something dodgy yet.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!