Predicto 2017 - gaze into my crystal balls.
  • It almost seems utterly redundant to start making gaming predictions for the year ahead when my current pile of shame includes Deus Ex, Doom, and XCOM3 - really good games I haven't given any proper time to at all.  But such is our insatiable appetite for digital delights that, before even the current crop has been consumed, it's time to gorge upon wild speculation on what 2017 will bring.  Here's my predictions:

- Bethesda shall release a new Elder Scrolls and all shall be blinded by the light of its brilliance.

- Obsidian announce that they really are working on Fallout New Vegas and everything will be ok in the world again.

- CD Projekt will release Cyberpunk 2077 and it'll be like a sci-fi Witcher, only good.

- No Mans Sky will patch in multiplayer.  It'll be the shit.

Make your predictions for the year ahead below.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Think you're gonna be 0 for 0 there, Blocks.
  • True, I don't like Elder Scrolls.
  • Switch neither sets the world on fire or flops - Reg claims it's the best console since intellivision. Everyone else is relatively pleased with the first party outings

Gran Turismo Sport releases - it defaults with X as accelerate but the net code is the bomb.

Sony announce a new VR pro - it still
    Uses PlayStation eye
    The Forum Herald™
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    New Trials game will be announced, will stay play brilliantly but concept will be shit tier.

Borderlands MMO officially announced. Will be shit tier.

The Golf Club 2 will cater too much for hardcore golf fans and as such will flop and be shit tier.

Gaming will be shit tier.
  • Bob wrote:
    Switch neither sets the world on fire or flops - Reg claims it's the best console since intellivision. Everyone else is relatively pleased with the first party outings Gran Turismo Sport releases - it defaults with X as accelerate but the net code is the bomb. Sony announce a new VR pro - it still Uses PlayStation eye

First 2, aye. I think they'll give it a bit longer for VR Pro.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Death death death.

Oh games.

Shite shite shite.
  • WiiU Zelda gets canned.

Switch sales start slow but it has a good Xmas 2017.

PES is better than FIFA but FIFA dominates sales.

Scorpio releases, exclusive bone games run like shit on og hardware.

Sony announce their own version of the Elite Pad.

Crackdown isn't released. Or if it is released it doesn't use the cloud, previous cloud features become Scorpio exclusive features.

• New Trials game will be announced, will stay play brilliantly but concept will be shit tier.

Red Lynx will reveal and release a back to roots Trials.  Bells and whistles will be brushed under the carpet.  Just bikes, warehouses, 60 watt bulb lightsources, incredibly tight track design and a £12.99 launch price.  XBoners with Trials HD installed will get the HD Classic Redux pack free.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    SEGA surprise release Dreamcast 2. Its the only place you can play Shenmue 3 and has a controller you can plug your smartphone into to act as a super VMU. It sells bucketloads and effectively kills off the Xbox.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Surprise announcement of Final Fantasy XVI at E3.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    CD Projekt will release Cyberpunk 2077

Bwahahaha!! No chance of us getting this before 2019, mark my words. They'll tease us next year, then reveal the actual game in 2018.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!