52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Updated for Uncharted 4.
    How irritating and tiring does it become that every single bridge will begin to collapse as you approach the middle, that one in every 5 platforms you latch on to will crumble, and every time he goes down a 'slide' he'll shout 'No no no!'?

At least from what I played of Rise of the Tomb Raider the slippy grip was fairly randomised meaning you had to be half awake to survive a climbing section. They really need to figure out a way of making that kind of traversal in some way interesting, because in theory it should be exciting, but ends up leaving me wanting to be moving along the ground at regular speed.
  • It used to be interesting - in the original Tomb Raiders for example. But then it can't be as cinematic and you might actually fall off and die and have to do that bit again.
  • Yep, I hate the way Lara now jumps the same distance from jogging as she seems to manage from turning and flinging herself on a dime. It'd be nice to see them figure a halfway house between the two. Grow Home is conceptually fun, especially when you climbing on overhangs, but I think you could take that and refine it.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Updated for Uncharted 4.
    How irritating and tiring does it become that every single bridge will begin to collapse as you approach the middle, that one in every 5 platforms you latch on to will crumble, and every time he goes down a 'slide' he'll shout 'No no no!'?

At least from what I played of Rise of the Tomb Raider the slippy grip was fairly randomised meaning you had to be half awake to survive a climbing section. They really need to figure out a way of making that kind of traversal in some way interesting, because in theory it should be exciting, but ends up leaving me wanting to be moving along the ground at regular speed.

First it has to happen a lot less so it's at least a surprise, perhaps adding different routes depending on how your traversal succeeds/fails? It's always just go back 10 steps and do it again, so there's no real penalty to make you concentrate in those sections.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Grow Home is conceptually fun, especially when you climbing on overhangs, but I think you could take that and refine it.
    I was thinking while playing it how good it would be to see similar climbing controls in a bigger budget game. 

TR could certainly work something like that into it. But then they'd probably include glowing, evenly-spaced grip spots and flashing button prompts.
  • Updated with Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den.
  • Nice.
    Minerva's Den is superb.
  • Nice.
    Minerva's Den is superb.

It really was, superb little slice of Bioshock. Could've had lots of episodes like that. Infinite next...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Nice.
    Minerva's Den is superb.

It really was, superb little slice of Bioshock. Could've had lots of episodes like that. Infinite next...

Minervas Den is something really special, and it says a lot that the team who made it realised that and splintered off to make Gone Home / Tacoma

I doubt we'll see something that amazing any time soon
  • I got Doom cheap from Game so I'm going to whistle through that after Firewatch, which is up after Mirrors Edge. I'll finish a few cheeky DLCs to get the completions along.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm ploughing on with RotTR. A few sesh's off completion still though, I think.  Not sure what's next after that.
  • I also have Doom. 2 levels in, I'm enjoying it, but not seeing this GOTY chat from everywhere.
  • Zombie army trilogy to add to mine and pure pool.
  • Firewatch started and completed today. I really enjoyed this game, immersed myself into the setting, art style, story and dialogue. Perfect length for a Sunday afternoon session, excellent stuff.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • One session?! Cool. I've had a session per day so far. So I'm in Day 4. May tear myself away from Witness tonight and continue Firewatch.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just under five hours, a lengthy session granted.  There was nowt better to do.
  • I'm new here and figured this would be a great way to start. There's no way I'll ever hit 52 but I love the idea, I have a bunch of games (mainly backwards compatible stuff) that have been sitting there unplayed or unfinished for so long, so count me in.
  • New!
    *points finger at arms length while shrieking*

Also welcome.
  • Welcome.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm new here and figured this would be a great way to start. There's no way I'll ever hit 52 but I love the idea, I have a bunch of games (mainly backwards compatible stuff) that have been sitting there unplayed or unfinished for so long, so count me in.

Amazing, great name too...I'll add you to the op!!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dicks out
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm at the finale of RotTR.  Then need a nice short game to keep the momentum up...
  • Firewatch?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hello new chap, welcome to the forum.

Welcome.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Firewatch?

Don't own it.  Stacking I guess, plus some other indie shite
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A Bird Story and Stanley Parable & Everybody's Gone To The Rapture & the rest of Furi.  They should all do nicely.

Then maybe Hyper Light Drifter.

And Star Fox Zero?!
  • New member but count me in! I seem to have amassed quite a few games since getting me One S so this will give me an incentive to play something other than Destiny. I'm going to go for completing the main story on most of the games I play, not going for collection etc. unless it counts towards the main story. Looking forward to the challenge.

Here goes....

1) Halo 3 (Master Chief Collection)
    Great game, some of my first real online PvP gaming experiences came from this game and I will never forget the experience of going to the midnight launch with Verecocha and HaramabeBomaye - 10/10
    Time: 4 hrs 12 mins

2) Skate 3
    Such a time sink (although I can't seem to find total time played?) and great fun. Can be infuriating as sometimes the physics seem to do their own thing. Counting this as completed as I have done all available goals/tasks - 9/10
    Time: Unknown

3) Portal 2
    This one is a carry over from last year and this was my second play through. I still enjoyed the game, but I have to admit this time Steven Merchants voice did grate on me a little. This play through also made me realise that this game has a hell of a lot of loading screens!! - 6/10
    Time: Unknown

4) Far Cry 4
    No matter how many times I play this game I never tire of it! In my opinion it's a great open world shooter and the auto drive feature is such a good addition!! - 9/10
    Time: 24 hrs 35 mins

UPDATES!!!

5) Destiny
    Got to LL400. Feel like this game owns my soul. Not much else to say
    999999999/10
    Time: An Eternity

6) Fallout 4
    My umpteenth play through this time consisted of all the DLC. Can't rate this game enough, absolutely LOVE IT!
    10/10
    Time: 3 days total

7) Forza Horizon 3
    Counting this as completed as I finished the final showcase and got the cheevo for driving all roads. Good game but expectedly repetitive.
    7/10
    Time: Didn't track

8) Halo 5
    It's Halo, what more could you want.
    10/10

9) Lego Dimensions
    Say what you want about this game, I love it. It's an absolute money pit and to be honest if I wasn't a fan of physical Lego I would avoid it like the plague. One of the biggest redeeming features is you end up with some cool minifigs and micro builds.
    5/10

10) Resident Evil 5
    Great game, even better with unlimited rockets. The only Resi game I have played so I can hands down say it's my favourite. Main negative is combat could be better.
    8/10
    Time: 36 hours

11) Little Big Adventure 2 (Steam Store)
    Loved this game when I was a kid so thought another play through was in order. It did not stand the test of time. Some things are best left in the past.
    5/10
    Time: 9 hours approximately

I still haven't finished Just Cause 3 and have started a bunch of new games too so not going to bother listing them until I finish.
  • TWO IN ONE DAY WTF!

welcome

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    the fuck is going on hold me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!