52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, what can I say!

Welcome!

Just make your lists within your first posts and there's a direct link to your list in the op! Thread going well!!!

Bastard page turn.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Next B2 DLC finished. Disappointing.

Will update placeholder thing tomorrow.
  • Two new people!?!
    I don't like it.

Pull up the drawbridge, they're after our women.
  • Thanks for the welcome guys, good to be here. I'm currently chipping away at Life Is Strange as I started it last year and never finished it, so that's gonna be my starter for...15, yeah 15 I think is a reasonable number I think I can definitely hit.
  • Have updated.
    Mine is my 2nd list post rather than my 1st, sorry verocha.
  • digi wrote:
    Have updated.
    Mine is my 2nd list post rather than my 1st, sorry verocha.

No worries dude will change now! SOWTED.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just checked my favourites in steam, that has about 52 unplayed games in there. (Slightly more but TF 2 and SFV are also in there and probably a couple others that I'm never gonna play (again) ).

Those should keep me busy for a while, not couting 3DS and vita games so would be nice if I can get through a couple of them.

Most are there because B got them and played them, I'm no muzzy.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Finished Guns, Gore and Cannoli tonight. Mega post update still to come (sorry, too tired now).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not much happening, but a quick update:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Games 
    1 - The Wolf Among Us (Played through fully) 
    2 - Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath (Mid-way through) 
    3 - Seven Little Words (Puzzle game, played ~daily) 
    4 - Hexcells Plus (Puzzle game, playing through second half) 
    5 - Rise of the Tomb Raider (Completed, though started last year) 
    6 - Trackmania Turbo (Ongoing TT) 
    7 - Forza Horizon 3 (Ongoing dabbling) 
    8 - Stacking (Started, 30 mins in) 
    9 - A Bird Story (About to start) 

Books 
    1 - Half a King 
    2 - Half the World 
    3 - A Monster Calls 
    4 - Half a War 

Movies 
    1 - Sisters 
    2 - The Martian (bits only...) 
    3 - Jurassic World 
    4 - The Incredibles
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There are two new people in this thread? WTF?

Welcome aboard new people.
  • It's our challenge of playing a mental amount of games that has attracted them.
  • As long as they don't try and sell us Lace Wigs and NFL Jerseys it's all good :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cocha's alts.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    Cocha's alts.

Oh no...they're onto me...
  • Iv updated my post.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Cocha's alts.

Are you going for 156 games? Seems like a light year for yourself.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Cocha's alts.

Are you going for 156 games? Seems like a light year for yourself.

I hadn't thought this through...

Just finished another, Bioshock Infinite, Terriffic.
  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst campaign finished tonight.  Mixed feelings, a little to like and a lot to frustrate.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    Mirrors Edge Catalyst campaign finished tonight.  Mixed feelings, a little to like and a lot to frustrate.

That's so cheap I'm tempted to pick it up. Or get a months worth of the Vault.
  • Just get a year, it's only twenty notes ya cheapskate.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Just get a year, it's only twenty notes ya cheapskate.

BUT IM A CHEAPSKATE!
  • Worth noting you dont need Gold to get EA Access.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm hoping Dead Space 2 comes to the Vault soon. Really fancy playing that now.
  • Updated my list with new games and others iv yet to finish.
    (this thread is so good for encouraging me that way, thanks).

Finished final fantasy XV too.
  • digi wrote:
    Updated my list with new games and others iv yet to finish.
    (this thread is so good for encouraging me that way, thanks).

Finished final fantasy XV too.

Good work!! It's working just like that for me too. 10 finished now this year, and I dare say without this I'd of left a few awaiting on a HD for god knows how long.
  • Updated for Bloodborne NG+ and Dead Rising: Off the Record.
  • The Witness done and added. Still need to add blurbs when I get a chance from work. The Witness will also end up in my top 5 for 2016 releases. Maybe number 3.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Starting my official list...

1.Skate 3
    Really enjoyed going back to this after a number of years. It still holds up as a great open world game where you can sink a few hours at a time or just drop in for a casual 15 minutes. The physics can be a bit unforgiving at times and the NPC's within the game can cause some serious frustration but as a a whole it remains a really enjoyable experience. I still have a few challenges to finish but after reaching the final board sales milestone and completing all photo, film and contest parts I'm counting it as the first on my list. 

Time Played: 10 Hours
    Total Score: 7.5/10

2.Life Is Strange
    Started this last year but like so many other things it got sidelined for one reason or another, so I went back to the start and did a complete run through.

Although I found some of the characters and the art direction a little too twee and arechetypal in places as a whole I found it throughout enjoyable. I've always loved games which use personal choices as a narrative mechanic and this really delivered on that, especially when coupled with the whole time/space manipulation angle. The episodic structure worked really well too and although it felt more like an interactive TV show rather than a full on gaming experience the story that powered the game was really engaging for the most part.

Time Played: 10 Hours
    Total Score: 7.5/10

3.Halo 5
    Played through the campaign on co-op, I have no idea what just happened as I have been so far out of the Halo loop for the longest time, plus random in game chatter and laughs diluted my concentration (in the best possible way). What I do know is that Cortana went rogue, aliens got shot, things exploded, numerous deaths occurred and that the game looks lovely, has some great character design in regards the Wardens and on legendary this series can still be ridicously testing.  

Time Played: 12 Hours

4. Alan Wake
    The whole shine a light and shoot aspect does get a little repetitive at times and the meta inception-eque entanglement of a writer writing a book about himself writing a book can get a bit messy at times BUT...for the most part I enjoyed playing through this again. The Stephen King, David Lynch, Twilight Zone mash up that is the story behind the game was really appealing and much like Life Is Strange the episodic structure worked really well here. Plus there is someone genuine jumpy, nervy and tense moments throughout.

Time Played: 8 & 1/2 Hours
    Total Score: 7.5 / 10

5. Alan Wake: The Signal & The Writer DLC
    Seeing as this was available for free I thought I'd give a go. If I had to pay for it I'd be a touch pissed off considering how short both episodes are (This is why I'm counting both as one game entry). It doesnt really add anything to the main game but I did like the fact it departed into more mind bending territories, in fact I wish the main game had incorporated some of the world shifting and psychedelic elements that The Writer thrived on. Not great but some good ideas here and pretty fun to play through.

Time Played: 2 & 1/2 Hours
    Total Score: 6.5

6.Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    Whilst down the Alan Wake rabbit hole I thought I'd check this out but to be honest it was pretty meh at best. The Arcade mode was quite fun and added a new challenge to the game but the "story" was really lacklustre. Very repetitive and it featured some really questionable voice acting and dialogue plus despite the enjoyable silliness of shooting a nail gun at the taken I missed the atmosphere and oddness of the first title.

Time Played: 4 Hours
    Total Score: 5/10

7.Game Dev Story
    I'm not usually one for mobile games but I'm away from home for a while and had a long flight out so thought I'd play through this again.

It's simple but fun and more addictive than you'd imagine a game studio simulator to be. After a few false starts I hit my stride and went on to complete a 16 year career producing a number of successful games including Androids Don't Wear Pants, Time Donkey and Shatner's Bassoon 2 before finally launching a console of my own The Akuma Love Pump XL.

If you're looking for an easy to pick up and play mobile game that you effortlessly sink time into I'd easily recommend this.

Time Played: 8 Hours
    Total Score: 7/10

8. Parappa The Rapper 2
    Hooked up my GF's old PS2 and found this in her pile of games so figured I'd play through it.

It's not quite as charming as the original but it's still fun to play through (both story and battle mode even if the Noodle and Afro centric narrative is all over the place). The cadence and sync of the vocals can be sketchy to say the least but there are some funky jams in there and it's a pretty enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

Time Played: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
    Total Score: 6/10

9.Guitar Hero
    Continuing my mini rhythm based retrospective I dived into the first game of the GH series. Much like Parappa, the game is somewhat limited but it was still pretty fun to play through the career mode. Unfortunately, there was only one guitar available so multiplayer (which is easily the best part of this series) was not an option. Still, there are some good songs available in the game's setlist and a big part of the franchise's charm is that it doesn't take itself too seriously or at least it didn't, I haven't played the latest incarnation. 

My axe wielding skills are a touch rusty and as you progress further the noodling gets tricky but still, with an average of 91% accuracy I don't think I fared too bad.

Time Played: 2 hours, 45 minutes
    Total Score: 6.5/10

10.Oxenfree
    I went into this completely blind and I never usually go for paid OS X games but damn this was totally worth the punt and the price. 

Beautiful artwork, a great soundtrack, simple but likable gameplay mechanics and a story that sucked me in from the start. It's a wonderful mishmash of cool things that I like and it comes complete with some sincerely creepy and finely detailed audio work. I'll definitely be playing through this again at some point to see what changes I can generate second time around. Out of the ten games I've completed this year so far, this is easily the one I've enjoyed the most.

Time Played: 5 hours, 20 minutes
    Total Score: 8/10

11.Resident Evil 5
    It's been forever since I've played a Resi game and jumping back into this provided some mixed results. As a whole I had a good time blasting through it on co-op but it's a game that is rife with obvious issues. The movement, aiming and inventory system are clunky and stiff to say the least and the setting although initially a cool departure for the series quickly descends into ridiculous territories. Still despite some fumbled gameplay mechanics and eye rolling moments in the story it was quite fun to team up on.

Time Played: 5 Hours
    Total Score: 6/10

12.FIFA 17 (The Journey)
    FIFA is one of those casual games I'll pick up and play for like an hour here and there, so it was good to actually dive into something more substantial. The Journey is a pretty good alternative to career mode and tells a decent story. Granted the bulk of it is made up of traditional match play but the cut scenes, the focus on developing your character and other little things like social media growth, money earned etc are nice little additions too. By no means groundbreaking but a decent addition.

Time Played: 15 Hours

13. Journey
    Other than hearing a few good things in passing a couple of years back I went into this with no expectations and came out severely impressed. For a game that features such basic gameplay and zero dialogue it's really quite an immersive and oddly moving experience. With graceful, fluid movement, sharp art direction and a gorgeous score Journey was an unexpected gem.

Time Played: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
    Total Score: 8

14.Layers of Fear
    The gameplay is really stripped down to a bare minimalist model and there's not a great deal of variety in Layers of Fear but the ambience, the atmosphere, the sound design and the sheer weirdness mixed with a viscous streak in its story made for a pretty good play-through.

Time Played: 6 Hours

15.Ico
    Oh Ico, where do I even begin?!

Seeing as this game has a beloved following I was really curious to play it. Doing so it's easily become one of the most polarizing games I've ever played.

There are things that I sincerely like about the game. Considering its essentially contained in one location, the scope of the game is really impressive. At times the castle and its surroundings feel staggering which makes your escape seem all the more daunting. The use of natural ambience and the score make for a really solid soundscape too.

Although the outline of the story and the charachter of Ico are interesting and have real potential, they are extremely vague and lacking in detail or definition. This isn't helped by the fact that the games dialogue is limited to what sounds like "Booooooon!" and "Bonsoir!" 

Some of the puzzles are quite fun and tricky, but there is FAR too much doubling back and repetition throughout and then, of course there's Yorda.

This dead-eyed, unresponsive, lazy ghost girl is eaisily one of if not the most aggravating NPC's I've ever encountered. Literally dragging her by the wrist everywhere, waiting for her to catch up, making sure she doesn't die if left alone for longer than a minute and doing everything (with the exception of opening magic doors) whilst she stands around and waits there silently...it gets old and tired very quickly.

In short, I enjoyed parts of Ico but it got to a point where I was still playing simply to finish it.

Total Score: I honestly can't score this 
    Time Played: 8 hours

16.Forza Horizon 3
    Easily the most fun I've had with a racing game in a very long time. I've played a couple of Forza games before but never dipped my toe into the Horizon pool until now. It mixes the serious gear head elements of regular Forza and fuses it with more bombastic and brightly coloured gameplay. It all unfolds within a HUGE open world that looks stunning and offers a good variety of landscapes and terrains to play through.

I think the biggest problem is that there is just too much going on and after playing so much in co-op and single player campaign I became a bit sickened by it towards the end. It's like a birthday cake, delicious at first but there's a threshold of how much you should have and once you pass that line you start having deep regrets...or some shit like that.

Time Played: 24 Hours
    Total Score: 7.5

17.Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    It's been quite a while since I first played through Drake's Fortune but it still holds up. The boat/barrels/upstream sequence is still a little painful and the ending is a bit lacklustre but as a whole it's a really good start to the series.

Time Played: 9 Hours

18.Gears of War 3
    Played through this on co-op and it was a lot better than I remember it being. Solid campaign, improved weapons and some genuinely exciting sequences.

Time Played: ?
    Total Score: 7

19.The Walking Dead: Season 2
    More of the same simple gameplay but what the game lacks in this department it more than makes up for in story and character. With some tough decisions to make, dramatic twists a plenty and a well placed structure I found myself binge playing the last few episodes.

Time Played: 9-10 Hours
    Total Score: 8

20. Destiny 2
    Gorgeous looking game, lot of fun, a story that actually existed and much easier to get into, Destiny 2 was and is a much more enjoyable and immersive experience than it's predecessor. I won't lie, a lot of the details continue to evade me but as a whole, as a gaming experience I've had a really good time with this title.

Total Score: 8/8.5

21. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
    By no means the strongest entry in the series so far, but strong writing continues to support the simple gameplay. Solid character work, tough decisions and a new angle on the world Telltale have created made for another really good instalment.

Currently Playing Through -
  • Added Gears 4 to mine.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!