52 games in a year? How close can you get?
  • 1) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD (Wii U). I really enjoyed myself with this one. I think years of Copyrina of Time propaganda crushed any opinion I had of the game and I went in expecting zero and got a really fun game. There's cuteness and cheekiness throughout the game. I must admit I slightly missed the Wii's motion controls but the game has been scrubbed up to a really nice level - makes me have high hopes for Breath of the wild. A particular credit to the dungeons, bosses and world. The difficulty is generally low but the variety and weirdness of the environments really goes a long way to make this game feel cool. Towards the end the game seems to go into killroom territory and it feels a bit shit and the final boss has some good moments and some reaaaaaly janky moments (particularly the horse fighting).
    Worth a bash if you fancy something to bridge before Breath comes out. 4/6
    2) Human Resource Machine. I think a lot of people in this forum will really dig this - it's a puzzle game in the spacechem programming mould but this time more literally aping a computer system - programming functions based on criteria set by an officious dick head boss. Like Tomorrow Corp's last game (little inferno) the story has a satirical edge to it but it would be kind of a waste on a shit game, which this is certainly not. Each puzzle can be beaten and also attempted for speed and efficiency.  5/6
  • Do not start me on that Epona Ganon battle.
  • It is fucking stupid a) how often it is possible to fall off that fucking horse b) how useless Zelda is with a bow and c) how ganon doesn't win after a) and b)
  • AI companion and janky horse controls. Eurgh, what a chore.
    I dont remember the other parts of that battle being much fun either.

WW Ganon may be easy but at least it makes you feel like a bad ass.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Have put almost 80 hours into Borderlands 2 already. Still only level 43.
  • Olimite wrote:

Your new drug Then now you've got Destiny out of your system? Another one down for me, finally finished Batman: AK.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Your new drug Then now you've got Destiny out of your system? Another one down for me, finally finished Batman: AK.

Iv just restarted bats, no idea were my save went?
    Cant stop playing ar challenges though. :(
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

While there's no new content for Destiny, happy to put hours into this (and other stuff).

Started Arkham late last year. Something I need to finish. Had a feeling of trying to work too many extra mechanics in for the sake of it. The THPS4 of the superhero genre.
  • digi wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

Iv just restarted bats, no idea were my save went?
    Cant stop playing ar challenges though. :(

They are addictive!! Gutted about the save, I'd of found it hard to start again, though it's a very good game.

Olimite wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Olimite wrote:

While there's no new content for Destiny, happy to put hours into this (and other stuff).

Started Arkham late last year. Something I need to finish. Had a feeling of trying to work too many extra mechanics in for the sake of it. The THPS4 of the superhero genre.

It is very over complicated, with a number of the mechanics allocated to different buttons from the norm making it difficult to slide back in.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've flat-lined and it's all moot's fault
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    heh
  • I know it's my thread so I'm naturally gonna say it but still, this actually has helped me with the want to finish some games.
  • Got through 5 in the first month and 2 more still on the go.

Running out of small games though so there's no way I'm keeping this pace up.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I have entered this realm.

Last Updated - 24/09/17

Dishons 2
    Superhawt
    Moirai
    Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 1
    "          "       "        "       "        "       "   2
    DOOM
    Reigns - all endings
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Tales from the Borderlands
    What Remains of Edith Finch
    Persona 5
    Monument Valley
    Killing Floor 2
    Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris
    D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
    Hitman Go
    Scanner Sombre
    Pony Island
    Zombi
    Lara Croft Go
    Tacoma
    Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
    Blackwell Convergence
    Total Hamwar: Hamwar
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm gonna at least manage double figures I reckon
  • Slight update, layers of fear done.
    Batman ak 37%,
    Sniper elite v3 5 levels in.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I have entered this realm.

Good man, there's now a link toyour first post in the op so just use that to list!
  • JonB wrote:
    Got through 5 in the first month and 2 more still on the go.

Running out of small games though so there's no way I'm keeping this pace up.

Same here. Got GoW3 for free as part of the Spring Festival psn stuff, and have Yakuza 4 and 0 to do as well. Gonna take a while, I expect.
  • I think it's helping me too, actually finishing some stuff feels nice. Although I'm also avoiding some stuff with no 'end' as well.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I think it's helping me too, actually finishing some stuff feels nice. Although I'm also avoiding some stuff with no 'end' as well.

Some stuff with 'no end' type feels like MGSV, if you're done and you've put significant time in get it added and leave it. MGSV was that game for me.
  • Updated Mirrors Edge. Tl;dr - Life's too short.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Pfft, where's your spine, man?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    Pfft, where's your spine, man?

Shattered after the 10th time missing what should be a easy jump and failing for no reason I could see.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Updated with Life is Strange.
  • Updated with Life is Strange.

Good write up! Updated mine with Resi too.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Updated with Life is Strange.
    Good write up! Updated mine with Resi too.

Thanks man, just read your thoughts on Resi, I really want to jump down that particular rabbit hole at some point, it sounds and from what I've seen looks great, lot of attention to detail in regards atmosphere.
  • Updated with Abzu. Should have Her Story wrapped up soon too. Overwatch still eating up my time.
  • Updated with Day Of The Tentacle Remastered. Haven't played it before so some of those puzzles were a bit... Obtuse. Fun though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    1. The Lucky Dime Caper

2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One).

It's easy to see why some folk prefer this to Uncharted.  I don't, but it continues the good work started with the reboot.  Story is weak, cutscenes/dialogue are piss poor when compared to Drake & co., but in the plus column the bow is well used, the climbing is more varied and the puzzles are better if you include the tombs.  I only did three of those, as they're optional, but I bet the rest are good.  I'd probably play a tomb only mode if completing the main game unlocked a the option, but it didn't and I'm not going back in to find them.  Enjoyed it though.  Played on normal, but it probably would've been more enjoyable on hard as the shooting is good (again, better than Uncharted. perhaps thanks to the Bone sticks). [8].

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!