3 wishes
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    ... Yep I'm in the fox murder camp,...

You heartless bastard.

LOL spell check auto correct

Yeah - I don't usually pull people up on unfortunate auto-corrects, but that one was too good to pass up on. :D
  • nice@andy
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Sarina Valentina
    A swimming pool of lube
    A month alone, together

Cheers Liv I can't wait for it to happen Mr. Genie.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I hope she comes in a jiffy bag.

Both senses of the word.
  • Your month starts at the time of dispatch. Hopefully everything is delivered and you get the pool assembled in time.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1. Trump to turn out to be a genius president who..

2. Calms down the Russians

3. Stops arsewiping Israel.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm finding three hard to pin down. I am slightly tempted by the thought of having everyone on the planet's IQ doubled.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Having intelligence raised to the point whereby reality TV loses its appeal would suffice.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    And Take Me Out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is that a wish for a date or to be murdered?
  • davyK wrote:
    Having intelligence raised to the point whereby reality TV loses its appeal would suffice.
    If we move past how patronising/condescending this is, I'd be willing to bet that you'd struggle to find a point at which intelligence somehow overcomes intolerance of others tastes.

In the mean time, just don't watch it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No likey, no lighty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    If we move past how patronising/condescending this is, I'd be willing to bet that you'd struggle to find a point at which intelligence somehow overcomes intolerance of others tastes. In the mean time, just don't watch it.

I'll admit intelligence measuring isn't an accurate way to determine whether one would enjoy it but it's a start. Myself? Found some of them interesting to begin with but repetition and an increasing propensity to deliberately choose a freak show means it has became a race to the bottom. I'm also tiring of millionaires being entertained by the deluded.

And if you don't watch it what does it leave? I find it hard to find anything remotely interesting or , excuse me, non patronising. What masquerades as documentaries now are on the whole incredibly condescending.
  • The first Big Brother was great as no one in the house knew how big it was on the outside.

I watched the first few episodes of the second one and it was very apparent they were there for the wrong reasons. It became a show for people who simply aspire for fame.

I did find a few celebrity ones and a couple of Celeb Get Me Out of Here's quite amusing, if only for Celebs breaking down at having to do menial daily tasks.

Now they all just feel like a fad that's lasted way too long along with super hero movies.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I don't think these reality shows will catch on...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK wrote:
    And if you don't watch it what does it leave? I find it hard to find anything remotely interesting or , excuse me, non patronising. What masquerades as documentaries now are on the whole incredibly condescending.

I think you're looking in the wrong places, my friend.
  • Omnipotence
    A burrito
    Some nice iced tea
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Andy wrote:

I think you're looking in the wrong places, my friend.

I'll put it this way. I'd not be impressed as someone who can only afford Free to air. And there's more people like that than many care to admit. The internet is far from democratic wrt access.

And I'm neither patronising or condescending, my friend. The content is below people.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    +1 on that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My post turned a bit sour there against @Andy. Don't like that but I'll leave it there. Please don't take offence @Andy.

The way terrestrial TV has imploded in recent times is a bug bear of mine. As is the decline of public libraries.
  • I've had Sky since 1998, honestly can't imagine life without it, proper first world problems but there you go.

You thought about getting Kodi @davyK ?

I haven't used it but have heard good things. Amazon Fire Sticks or a Raspberry Pi would be the cheapest options to get it afaik.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I won't have Sky. Fuck giving Murdoch money.
  • No other options though, virtual monopoly unfortunately.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • No other options though, virtual monopoly unfortunately.

It's ethical to pirate anything that rupert murdoch owns.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I might wish to have complete control over the next Big Brother. Fame hungry twats will enter the house as usual, only this time it's not being shown on tv. I'm the only person watching, and I'm also the person setting tasks for my own amusement. Speakers outside the house will constantly play the sound of crowds cheering and chanting. Nobody gets evicted and the last person to leave 'wins'.
  • Sounds great, and a little bit like the Saw movies.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Freeview/Netflix/Prime provide far more TV than I could ever watch, pretty much the only thing that Sky offers that I miss is HBO stuff, but I'd rather pirate that than pay Murdoch (although I'd sign up for HBO Go in a flash given the chance).
  • Sounds great, and a little bit like the Saw movies.

I wasnt really in it for the suffering, but yes, it could go in that direction. It would certainly be interesting to stop feeding them and see how long they stick around.

Of course, the highlight is the look on their faces once they realise nobody has been watching
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I might wish to have complete control over the next Big Brother. Fame hungry twats will enter the house as usual, only this time it's not being shown on tv. I'm the only person watching, and I'm also the person setting tasks for my own amusement. Speakers outside the house will constantly play the sound of crowds cheering and chanting. Nobody gets evicted and the last person to leave 'wins'.

They should install a TV in the Big Brother House and have it tuned to Gogglebox upon which its "stars" are watching Big Brother. It will create a fissure in reality and the whole fucking mess will disappear up its own arse.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!