FINISHED

GOOD GOD

66 hours
  • regmcfly wrote:
    FINISHED

GOOD GOD

66 hours

Not bad, huh?

Did you get all emotional on the final stretch, like I did?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    FINISHED

GOOD GOD

66 hours

Not bad, huh?

Did you get all emotional on the final stretch, like I did?

Yeah. The final bit with
    Spoiler:
    was just the right side of ripe
  • Man, I'm a sucker for that sweet sweet melodrama.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    FINISHED

GOOD GOD

66 hours

Did you 100% it?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • 6hrs in, having a whale of a time so far.  I've done every side mission that's popped up, the one where the kid gets mugged for his game is phenomenal.  Potential GoTY.
  • The one with the
    Spoiler:
    was hilarious.
  • The introduction to the chapter with the club owner, oh my.  

7hrs in.  Maybe this is better than Shenmue.  It's no Shenmue II, mind.
  • I reckon it just might have the best collection of side quests of any game I've played.  It's either Yakuza 0 or Witcher 3 anyway.

Good to see this game getting some more love!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • It's doing something right, I think I did two optional missions in Horizon, and I gave up on one of those (tracking someone who had stolen a sword).  Personality goes a long way.  
    Spoiler:
  • That was fantastic fun.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • It's a weird game. the best game bits aren't the game at all but sitting through some random shit.
  • Oh shit, the claw grabber mini game in this haha.
  • Its actually as tricky as the real thing. I bagged myself a couple of those squishy Japanese Megadrives.

Totally engrossed in this but I'm terrible at fighting, it took me about 20 goes to beat Jun Oda (without resorting to lowering the difficulty). He starts off easy but as my heat depleats he seems to get stronger. Why do finishers depleate your heat? Should I not be using them as much? Do you guys switch fighting styles mid fight or do you stick to one?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I mostly stick with single fighting styles (I forget which now) but did switch on a couple of fights when it was clear that certain style would have a distinct advantage/disadvantage. Slugger, if I remember correctly, was definitely OP as all fuck.
  • Esp if you put in loads of money.

It wasn't so good v the shakedowns though. (I preferred the quicker styles for that)
  • I haven't really switched from slugger since it became an option, at the moment it's finishing fights that look like they should be fairly important in a few seconds.  I've been running from all shakedowns, not brave enough yet.
  • It's warming to know I'm only up to chapter 2 on this and have it shelved for a future deep-dive. I reckon it'll be Christmas with the missus back in Japan and me doing home alone with the cats and a few choice bags. Looking forward to it.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    NANI

I'm in love with this. It has that unique japanese quality of seemlessly combining the absurd with the heartwarming. And it has it in spades. I've often laughed and I've smiled constantly. Barely started chapter 2, already experienced some of the best sidequests ever.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • 18hrs in now, up to chapter 9. 

The sidequest with 
    Spoiler:
  • I would love to get the 'comedy' side quest music as my ringtone.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Rip it from Youtube and convert it to a ringtone?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Finished chapter one of yakuza 0 today and I'm not entirely sure what I just witnessed.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Slot cars and yanki bands and trying to find out where someone is on a map that makes no sense yet. Lucky it's small I guess. This game is throwing diversions at you non stop.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Found an arcade. Played space harrier, to my shame, for the first time since Shenmue on dreamcast. 

Now I know where moot geeza gets his username from.
  • Vela wrote:
    Finished chapter one of yakuza 0 today and I'm not entirely sure what I just witnessed.

The beginning of something beautiful.
  • Vela wrote:
    Found an arcade. Played space harrier, to my shame, for the first time since Shenmue on dreamcast.  Now I know where moot geeza gets his username from.

It's aged a hell of a lot better than most arcade game from the era, too (as has the car one, can't remember what it's called off-hand). 

I've just got the 'Big Reveal' trophy in this, and even that was amusing.  The whole game hits an unexpected sweet spot - in some ways it's backwards, lots of things that have no business working work gloriously (somehow the window dressing/quirky mundanities multiply the fun) and crucially, it really feels like the modern Sega game I assumed the world was missing.  If anyone's on the fence at £20.40 or whatever it is in the current sale, my wholehearted advice would be 'go on, treat yourself'.
  • Starting to find my feet now. Chapter two has a lot of diversions which help you find your way around the place. 

Highlights so far are some people queuing up for something, and a seedy second hand market.
  • Also, sometimes you come across a game that is a bit janky, but you love it. Y0 seems to be a bit low-fi in presentation in parts, but it also has some phenomenally high quality faces such as the main charcaters and enemies. But its the kind of game that really makes you forgive the unconventional bits.

I hated the lack of interactivity for the first hour, but the story setting was pretty damn interesting especially for a game. It's weird: a game full of absurd minutiae also has a thoroughly engrossing story. Normally story driven games lack small details and quality writing.
  • I'm also acquiring slot car parts like theyre going out of fashion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!