Dawn of War Nerds.
  • So I'm totally addicted to Dawn of War especially The Last Stand mode. If anyone wants to try and beat the Bloodied Coliseum let me know, it's too difficult with randoms. I've got Lvl20 Sorcerer and Hive Tryant and working on my Mek Boy at the moment (who is actually hilarious to play with him exploding things all the time.) Add me on Steam!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Which dawn of war? I love the original dawn of war rts games
  • Last Stand is DoW2
  • Bought Dawn of War:GOTY edition on steam for buttons but a quick play indicated a pretty generic RTS. Is it worth giving it another shot?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    One of my rarest steam cheevos % wise is from Last Stand. Pride.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Complete fluke ofc.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Bought Dawn of War:GOTY edition on steam for buttons but a quick play indicated a pretty generic RTS. Is it worth giving it another shot?

It's not particularly generic outside of base building given you treat squads as a thing to add to and upgrade rather than aimless masses of troops. It also has the Company of Heroes cover system, and a bunch of strategy relating to control of strategic points on the map for income.

DoW2 doubles down on the squad system and stopped being an RTS altogether, instead it predicted the rise of the MOBA and ended up being a game about the micro management of disparate squads with unique abilities, with Diablo style loot.

All that said, they're both old now, especially DoW, which is over a decade in age and is rather ropey without mods. At the time it was a totally refreshing experience though.

• RedDave2 wrote:
    Bought Dawn of War:GOTY edition on steam for buttons but a quick play indicated a pretty generic RTS. Is it worth giving it another shot?

It came out 12.5 years ago! There have been a lot of good changes to RTS since then. I play it 'build a huge army and steamroll.' I like it because of the character of the armies and the units that's the main sell for me.

I couldn't get into Dawn of War 2, i recognise it's great but i really struggle to enjoy actual tactical games i'm more of a dumb shooter guy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!