Splatoon 2 - Splat Harder
  • Also, I will beat your sorry ass .56 to a pulp. This is scientifically testable.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Tempy use drink tickets for level up x2 if you want to level up faster. Also ranked, yes a loss gives you nothing but a win gives so much more than turf wars.

Other than that it seems like very normal Splatoon feelings to me.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Kinda reached my wit's end with Splatoon I think. I am stuck with a bunch of weapon/super combos I am bored of, and levelling up takes an age. Every time I try a weapon that isn't the .56 Gal I get stomped, think I need a break again. I mean I actually rage quit there, which is not at all like me.
    If you can't experience the childish joy of the Aerospray MG with the curling bomb launcher you're frankly beyond help; both playfully, mentally and spiritually, so stop your moaning and get on it you dour fucker.
    I'm sort of the same.  I really want to try that bloody crayon gun but I'm levels and levels away.

Also my five minutes away from the game seems to have coincided with me becoming relatively dogshit.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Got an ethernet adaptor for my Switch and a 3 year old daughter who likes to watch her daddy play 'the painting game' so i've finally started getting into Splatoon 2's multiplayer (only just unlocked ranked). 

Hopefully find some time to take part in the splatfest this weekend too (team Pulp yo) :D
  • Vastik wrote:
    Got an ethernet adaptor for my Switch and a 3 year old daughter who likes to watch her daddy play 'the painting game' so i've finally started getting into Splatoon 2's multiplayer (only just unlocked ranked). 

Hopefully find some time to take part in the splatfest this weekend too (team Pulp yo) :D

Thats awesome dude.
    But wasn’t splatfest this weekend gone?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Because team pulp won
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sure fucking did
  • Fuck yea
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    "the orb broke... Test failed"

I cry
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Because team pulp won
    Aw dammit.
  • Finally got to the surface in Octo Expansion. Now this is how to do dlc. Gonna complete the fuck out of this to get shiny outfits for MP.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've not hit the surface coz I'm trying to get all the little thingies first to get the clothes. I'm on 45/80. I've also got three of the four "thangs" but no clue where the last one is. I've put about 10+ hours in just to get those 45 levels complete. It's incredible, and anyone hankering for Mario Galaxy 3 would do well to pick this up.

And the backgrounds! Seeing floating
    Spoiler:
    on different levels made me do a mega smile.
    I know it won't be eligible for goty but it's the most enjoyable challenge I've played so far.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Up to 56/80 now. One of the limited ink ones had me pulling out my hair
  • It's unexpectedly become one of Nintendo's best platformers. The way they're exploring the mechanics is typically great, but this really is a cut above and there's clearly so much more to come. The story at the end made me laugh out loud. Again, I'm really digging the pop culture references.

It really feels like the complete package with this expansion. A perfect and unique little universe.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Get turned up to death

@SG - I've now found all 4 thangs - 62/80 levels. Should I clear em before going to the phone?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    64/80 I might as well clear it
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Need to go back to it, got 3 thangs and am close to the 4th. It's just that I spend all my time grinding in Bravely Default (getting close to that asterisk though).

I have to say I payed for one level, it's a really stupid one (you have to not get hit) and it was making me angry to the point I thought it was better to just own up. Also having a lot of trouble doing the on rails levels, but will get back to them. I suck at this.

Need to get that octoling unlocked before the weekend of the 20th. New splatfest people, Inklings VS Octolings. If you choose Octo, you get to play as when whether you've unlocked it or not.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm 70/80 turns out I did the hardest track early, so have been rolling now
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Need to go back to it, got 3 thangs and am close to the 4th. It's just that I spend all my time grinding in Bravely Default (getting close to that asterisk though).

I have to say I payed for one level, it's a really stupid one (you have to not get hit) and it was making me angry to the point I thought it was better to just own up. Also having a lot of trouble doing the on rails levels, but will get back to them. I suck at this.

Need to get that octoling unlocked before the weekend of the 20th. New splatfest people, Inklings VS Octolings. If you choose Octo, you get to play as when whether you've unlocked it or not.

Each level has taught me how to do something in MP better. I think I could sniper now
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wowza. After doing the 80 levels, I wasn't expecting the final
    Spoiler:
    what a hell of an amount of game
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gutted SG has gone, wanted to tell him about the post game content I found. IT KEEPS GOING
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    My 3 yr old daughter has randomly started saying 'Don't get cooked, stay off the hook' haha.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Initial impressions of Octo Expansion are not good. It had me shouting at the TV within the first few levels, and the hamster ball stage made me want to throw my Switch out the window.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sounds like you're enjoying it.

44/80. 4 thangs. Think I'm ready to answer the phone, when my controller is charged again.

@reg, how to hell do I clear the "don't get hit" levels? I've had two and payed for both to get past them, I've had at least 15+ tries on each, and I just can't do it. Feels like I don't see the depth in those. Might just let B try them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I used a lot of cover and a lot of swimming iirc. This is going to sound proper shitty but I didn't really find them tough
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ok good advice but you can't take cover or swim in those two I'm talking about. Let me put them in a spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure they're easy, I always walk into every programmed obstacle in games  

And don't worry about sounding shitty, since I've realized @Moot's daughter is better at Mario than I'll ever be I've given up hope to ever be good at anything.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh yeah the
    Spoiler:

First one I
    Spoiler:

Second one
    Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow. It annoys me how something that seems so simple is this hard.

And ill make sure to do the cover and swim thing on all the levels with Ink!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For some reason I was thinking about
    Spoiler:
    brain melted. I actually know why that is but will wait till you finish to tell you
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Thanks, will give it a go tomorrow. It annoys me how something that seems so simple is this hard.

And ill make sure to do the cover and swim thing on all the levels with Ink!

Remember for the tip about
    Spoiler:
    You're basically buying yourself time by
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!