A shameless appeal to your good nature
  • Hello badgers!

Firstly let me apologise for starting a thread that is pretty much a shameless appeal for donations but I figured I'd stand the best chance of getting the word out to more of you this way, when it comes to fundraising for charity I can't afford to have any shame lol.

On May 21st I'm going to be running Tough Mudder, a challenging 12 mile assault course involving plunging into ice water, climbing and clambering over high things (I hate heights), through confined spaces (I'm quite claustrophobic) and receiving electric shocks (I just don't like this) all in the name of raising money for the Silver Star maternity ward at the John Radcliffe hospital.

The Unit provides special care to about 500 pregnant mothers and their unborn babies every year, who have serious and rare difficulties in pregnancy, such as repeated miscarriages, pre-eclampsia (sometimes known as toxaemia of pregnancy), placental bleeding or placental problems. Women with high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney or heart problems, and other medical complications are also offered Silver Star Care.

Their small but dedicated team gives a unique range of care, backed by dedicated midwives, together with all the staff of the Maternity Unit and Special and Intensive Care baby nurseries.

Without the care we recieved here there's a very high chance our little boys wouldn't have made it here.
    I want to give something back, hence this appeal for your donations.

If you could find it in your hearts to help in any way please visit my just giving page and leave a little something.

http://www.justgiving.com

Thank you so much badgers, you lovely people.

And again, sorry for starting a new thread like this but you don't ask, you don't get!

Cheers guys.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'll get on it tomorrow when payday arrives, Chaz. Good work.
  • Thanks gav!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is anyone videoing any of it and if so can we see some of the footage and if so yes.
  • I was considering a go pro. Does anyone have one they can lend me?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How much to administer electric shocks?
  • Donated!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Thanks Grem :)

And yoss. Donate £100 and I'll lick a battery for you.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Why don't you make the boys do it?

They'll probably sleep through after that

<covers nose>
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thanks Grem :)

And yoss. Donate £100 and I'll lick a battery for you.

This could be interesting, you haven't stated what kind of battery.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For a tonne I'd be expecting a tongue in a plug socket, TBH.
  • One of those little square ones.
  • Donated! I also have a GoPro, so if you want it, let me know!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    One of those little square ones.

car-battery-prices-costco.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Donated! I also have a GoPro, so if you want it, let me know!

Thank you Elm! You hero you!
    And If it's ok I'd love to take you up on that to record some of the more scary bits to post online
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I'll get on it tomorrow when payday arrives.

This.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Thanks everyone who's donated so far, we've hit £329 towards our £1000 target in just a couple of days!
    I'm going to try and film myself going through some of the obstacles so I can post a few on here
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think I shared it as well, but all of my friends are tight and/or poor so might not do so well
  • That's ok, thank you for sharing. All efforts are greatly appreciated. Also thank you for the kind donation :)
  • And done. Go smash it Chaz!
  • Thank you gav! :)
  • Hey guys.

Today's the day, I'm about to leave to take on Tough Mudder for the Silver Star Unit at the John Radcliffe Hospital.
    A huge thank you to everyone who's donated so far, you've all been so generous and it's greatly appreciated.

There's still time to donate to a great cause if you haven't done so already, just follow the link www.justgiving.com/charlie-lampshire and leave a few quid to help these amazing doctors and nurses offer the support and care to those who need it most.

I'm off now to go jump in ice, swim through mud pits and get shocked in the balls again
  • Good luck Chaz :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Donation sent. Good luck mate!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Bon voyage Wookie!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Thanks for the donations and the support fellas.
    The event is now complete and I'm shattered, at a service station getting coffee so I don't crash the car.
    I'll post a proper update when I get home and have had a little sleep.
  • Top man!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Nicely done sir :)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!