Rare games / Future collectbles that you own...
‹ Previous12345
  • So I've just been sorting through some stuff of mine and I found something I forgot I had - 

AtQ3mf1CQAAM9GC.jpg

A sealed copy of Monkey Island 2 that I bought from eBay about 7 years ago - I probably paid over the odds at the time but with it being my favourite game of all time I just couldn't pass it up. Does anyone else pick up games with the intention of keeping them to sell on down the line?
  • I didn't buy it to sell but I have a copy of Snatcher for the mega cd I got of a market stall for a fiver. Worth a few pound these days.
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I sold an empty Monkey Island 2 box on eBay about seven years ago for mega cash money. That lamination machine has proved to be a great purchase.
  • I made the mistake of throwing away all of the boxes and instruction manuals for my Amiga games when I was younger.  I'm not really that upset about it, but it would have been nice to uncover some of them when I would be rifling through my games collection - for nostalgic purposes.
    www.prankster101.com
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have a couple of untouched things, but I am currently trying to get on 3DS games that I know will be rare. Got Cave Story, Tales of The Abyss and Bit Trip...
  • I have a Gamecube chainsaw controller for Resident Evil 4. Probably not worth much more than I paid for it but it is boxed and in perfect sealed nick so will keep it up in the attic until it is worth zillions (c2097)
  • Got a Soul Calibur 2 Hori arcade stick for the Gamecube, might end up being worth slightly more than I paid for it in the future I guess. Don't see many around. Also got a Swancrystal and a couple of games, Gunpei Yokoi was the man.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I sold an empty Monkey Island 2 box on eBay about seven years ago for mega cash money. That lamination machine has proved to be a great purchase.

The guy who bought it will probably never find out.  Assuming you stuffed it with something vaguely weighty, the perfect crime.

The only thing of value I've got left is Samba De Amigo on Dreamcast.
  • Picked up a load of gamecube games for less than a fiver each when they were being cleared out. Got mgs:twin snakes, skies of arcadia, zelda twilight princess/gold wind waker and paper mario.

Didnt get tales of symphonia which was too much at £15 at the time :(

Also have a sealed dragon quest 5 on the ds, with the intention of opening it one day. Heard its great.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It is.
    Get schwifty.
  • None of my stuff is sealed, they're all for playing.

Radiant Silvergun
    Ikaruga
    Panorama Cotton
    Segagaga
    Fantasy Zone
    DoReMi Fantasy
    Cosmic Smash
    Policenauts
    Waku Waku 7
    a bunch of other stuff not worth much.

Cosmic smash is excellent fun :)
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • It is. Have had the .iso sitting on my puter desktop for literally over two years.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have loads of neat gear, but the only things that spring to mind are me boxed and complete Panzer Dragoon Saga and original SotN.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I have a floppy disc version of Doom somewhere. When I come to think of it, it's probably in the attic of my parents place. Have to find that one next time I visit them...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot, I filled it with a Wet Wet Wet CD. I R WINNING
  • I had Tales of Vesperia for the 360 but I sold it because it was terrible. £90 on eBay or something. Once found a sealed copy of Tetris on the gameboy in my garage, sold that too.

I have Civilization Revolution on the 360 which is apparently quite rare. Oh and I still have some of those Xbox 360 launch party faceplates but I doubt they're worth shit, now.
  • I'm basically just really jealous of you all now. Mmm, Segagaga.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I also have a boxed white Saturn but they're common enough.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Mint copies of PaRappa The Rappa 2, Amplitude, Frequency, Rez and the Trance Vibrator on PS2. Got Twin Snakes And Paper Mario on GC, but they're with a mate right now. Erk.

Also got all three spesh edish of Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandoras Tower. Having an ordering system and 30% off when it arrives in work helped on that one.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm in the process of selling everything, just been looking at Amplitude and Frequency, thought they'd be worth a bit more, might hang on to them a bit longer.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Some cheeky sod has just asked if I'll take £43 instead of £45 for the two GBA Fire Emblem games. £2! I like his style, I'd have asked for more.
    My ebay new seller limit was lifted yesterday, it's been a mad day and a half so far, just said goodbye to the Zelda Oracle games.
  • I managed to find a warehouse place on eBay that sold replacement Dreamcast cases, so I have a bunch of pristine Dreamcast stuff. Doubt any of it's collectible, though. I'd be more interested in a Juno 106 or an MS20, so if you have one of those and are a bit simple... call me.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Birdorf wrote:
    I'm in the process of selling everything, just been looking at Amplitude and Frequency, thought they'd be worth a bit more, might hang on to them a bit longer.

I did this about 5 years ago, I had a whole room full of retro and rare stuff including pc engine and neogeo aes collections.

Sold the lot and bought a car!

Toyed with idea of collecting the odd old console again but due to life and friends moving on I'd barely get used and just sit getting dusty.

Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Dreamcast games have the best case design ever.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I think it's nice to collect stuff if you can have it out on display, but mine have just sat in boxes for 10 or 15 years.
  • I got rid of almost everything. What's the point. Something to gawp at every now and again that gets put back where it was. Woah.
  • 4 AFGAV

imag0115uq.jpg
  • Yep. Sold all my stuff a few years ago. Really can't see the point in collecting things any more. I've kept a few GC and GBA games that I 'might play again' but even those will probably go at some point.
  • I got rid of almost everything. What's the point. Something to gawp at every now and again that gets put back where it was. Woah.
    hehe, pretty much I have all my consoles and pooters from a 48k spectrum up
    one of my favourites is the mega drive micro machines 2 with the 2 extra controller ports on the cartridge and the ability to have 16 player leagues with 8 people at a time playing
    They`re all waiting in sealed storage, my mum and dads attic, until I get my new house then i`m gonna have a library room with the whole lot.

brrrrrrrr, beep. brrrrrrrrr beeeeeeeeeep

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I keep everything I enjoyed. Bit weird I guess, although some stuff I'd struggle to get hold of again if I wanted to. I kinda wish I hadn't sold my Pokemon Blue and Silver, although I don't own anything I could play them on.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!