Superhero Films: Will They Ever Take Off?
  • I AM SO UP FOR THIS.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    G’s started drinking early today.
  • g.man wrote:
    I AM SO UP FOR THIS.

Careful fella, too much excitement is dangerous at your time of life...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • That is the best kind of trailer for the film. The expectation is huge, the anticipation is massive so they show us pretty much nothing. That’s all it needs.

Hype train departs today.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I can't believe no-one got my pun.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    I can't believe no-one got my pun.

Like these Normies know what Infinite Crisis is.
  • I got it! For once I got something.

I was just busy at work so didn't post anything. Soz!
  • I got it but got distracted by LEGO.
  • I got it, but it’s a DC reference and thus crossing the streams therefore does not qualify, good day I said good day to you.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Grem made a pun?
  • Depends on your definition of ‘pun’ really...
  • Spiderverse was good. A lot of fun which is all it needs to be.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Chris Evans ‘not done with Captain America yet’ according to Joe Russo.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/11/chris-evans-joe-russo-captain-america-avengers
  • Smoke and mirrors.
  • “The new Avengers title wasn’t said in the current film”

- A couple of liars. Cap is DOOOOMED
  • But when will they finally wear bowler hats?
  • My theory on how it will end. In spoilers even though it's just me talking out my ass.
    Spoiler:
  • Shout out for the three parter 'Elseworlds' on tv. I dont watch supergirl or arrow but the three parter is quite well done and they finally refer/explain the elephant in the room of the dc tv universe: batman.
  • I feel Time jumps are death and will age the films badly. Spidey , black panther, captain marvel and ant man can carry the mantle for a while.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Shout out for the three parter 'Elseworlds' on tv. I dont watch supergirl or arrow but the three parter is quite well done and they finally refer/explain the elephant in the room of the dc tv universe: batman.

I stopped watching Flash in the second series - although I'm consistently impressed by the sheet level of deep cut geekery they're achieving in the show. How'd they explain it then?
  • My kids have seemingly given up on the DC TV shows with the notable exception of Legends of Tomorrow, which is now easily the most gleefully bizarre shows on TV.  I utterly hated the first season, which was incredibly tedious, but early into the second the appeared to realise that the only way to handle such a deeply stupid premise for a TV show was to lean into it hard.

By the end of the third series we had things like...
    Spoiler:

As well as a brilliantly ridiculous finale which needs to be seen to be believed.  The tedious soap opera elements that run through all the DC TV shows are still there, but they’re easily offset by the sheer knowing silliness of the rest.  Pure joyful trash.

The crossover events for the other shows seem to nudge them towards similar excesses, but Flash, Supergirl and Arrow take themselves way too seriously...
  • Gremill wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Shout out for the three parter 'Elseworlds' on tv. I dont watch supergirl or arrow but the three parter is quite well done and they finally refer/explain the elephant in the room of the dc tv universe: batman.

I stopped watching Flash in the second series - although I'm consistently impressed by the sheet level of deep cut geekery they're achieving in the show. How'd they explain it then?
    Spoiler:
  • Crisis on Infinite Earths confirmed for Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl + Batgirl shows) for autumn 2019. Feck knows how they can do that comic justice on tv.
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    (Green?) Arrow is literally the only superhero thing I’ve ever given up on on the first watch. I have low standards when it comes to this bollocks, sonething failing to meet them is quite remarkable.

I’ve never watched Flash or Supergirl, FTR.
  • I made it all the way through Smallville back in the day but I'm not sure my limits are what they used to be for this stuff any more.
  • I was very into The Flash when it first aired, as he's one of my favourite superheroes, but the weight of the soap opera bollocks did for me in the end.
  • I dont watch Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow or Supergirl (too many epsiodes, too many fillers and monsters of the week). I wont be watching Batgirl either. I've stuck through flash as its been ok. The crossover epsiodes that cover comic storylines have been an interesting watch, but im at a loss with some of the supporting cast of the various heroes.

• Not at ALL what I was expecting.

It doesn’t look very good at all :(

In fact it looks pretty garbo.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hope it's just a badly cut trailer but that looks really bad. Wrong tone totally.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!