Prey - System Shock meets Metroid by Arkane
  • I need to look up some of the trailers but I could have sworn the enemies had more fancy shader work in the earlier ones. Other than the fact that it's hard to tell when a little mimic hits you I don't mind the design so much. I'm finding more enjoyment from exploring anyhow
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

    Send message
    Yeah its a very Deus Ex/Metroid explore-a-thon at heart.
  • Watched some playthrough.

    Looked deeply unremarkable.
  • It's all in the playing I guess.
  • That seems very unlikely in this instance.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

    Send message
    You don't play games Brooks, you let the serfs do it for you and sit above passing judgment.
  • Ha, okay. I guess Psychotronics is where the real game starts. I was in the morgue and I had no idea how to get into a closed room. Well. What a solution, eh?
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

    Send message
    Heh that's amazing :D
  • Yeah I'd suggest anyone who finds this a bit dull at the start push past Psychotronics at least.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Ha, okay. I guess Psychotronics is where the real game starts. I was in the morgue and I had no idea how to get into a closed room. Well. What a solution, eh?
    Spoiler:

  • I don't see the edit?

    Also I was reading the objective notes afterwards and apparently you can just wait for different solution, excellent. I have about 8 different things to do now which is overwhelming, but it feels really open which is a weird experience in a game that looks like Bioshock.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Ha, okay. I guess Psychotronics is where the real game starts. I was in the morgue and I had no idea how to get into a closed room. Well. What a solution, eh?
    Spoiler:

    I waited for the other solution and it never turned up so I broke the window and nerf gunned the button to open the door.
  • I'm hoping they release some sort of making of for their process on designing the game. There's a lot of clever stuff.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I don't see the edit?

    Also I was reading the objective notes afterwards and apparently you can just wait for different solution, excellent. I have about 8 different things to do now which is overwhelming, but it feels really open which is a weird experience in a game that looks like Bioshock.

    Sorry...there wasn't an edit - I originally quoted you to reply then tabbed out. I had no idea I had actually posted. Weird.
    Verecocha wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Ha, okay. I guess Psychotronics is where the real game starts. I was in the morgue and I had no idea how to get into a closed room. Well. What a solution, eh?
    Spoiler:

    I waited for the other solution and it never turned up so I broke the window and nerf gunned the button to open the door.

    Yeah, I nerf gunned.
  • Just did Calvinos office.

    I adore how unobtrusive this game is.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Ok so for the Morgue in Psychotronics I have thought of at least two other solutions
    Spoiler:
     

    I wish I didn't have an exam on Wednesday cos this game is prime creative real estate for a video.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Ok so for the Morgue in Psychotronics I have thought of at least two other solutions
    Spoiler:
     

    I wish I didn't have an exam on Wednesday cos this game is prime creative real estate for a video.

    There are more.

    Edit:

    Maybe...shit, I forgot, I'd have to check.
  • There are probably more, yep, I'm just thinking with the toolkit I have.
  • Just gave The Nightmare a good seeing to. Enjoyed that. Are there more at random?
  • Cinty, as you've finished it, did you
    Spoiler:
  • Re Turrets: you can use some of those Mods without fear. I have two and they basically say "constitution: unknown" and act as they previously did.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Cinty, as you've finished it, did you
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Are there more at random?
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

    Send message
    CINTY QUESTION MATE

    I've just done:
    Spoiler:

    Anyway, roughly how far in would you say I am? I haven't even been to the
    Spoiler:

    Thanks and love <3
  • CINTY QUESTION MATE

    I've just done:
    Spoiler:

    Anyway, roughly how far in would you say I am? I haven't even been to the
    Spoiler:

    Thanks and love <3

    You're quite far now - probs entering final third.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

    Send message
    Cheers man, I kinda thought I might have been with the way the plot is headed.

    Loved every second so far.
  • I got an alert for a completed mission that I don't think I completed? Bug or something I missed Cinty?
    Spoiler:
  • Tempy wrote:
    I got an alert for a completed mission that I don't think I completed? Bug or something I missed Cinty?
    Spoiler:

    How far had you got in the mission?
  • I have no idea. I'd picked it up and then whilst I was talking the arboretum it went off?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

    Send message
    Btw Temps I tried out that solution you mentioned earlier in a similar situ. Its class :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!