Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    SEE ROUJ THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T STREAM AND WE HAVE TO DO IT ON HERE

I'm going bed got a full english at 12 all reet and proper sleep soundly scape my brother
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Big-body meta to look forward to next month.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    MAYBE ANOTHER SOFA KLUTZMAN
  • Escape wrote:
    I recently played through A Link to the Past, and whatever anyone else thinks about it, I enjoyed it more than Breath of the Wild. I tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution and gave up as soon as I died in its first stealth section: another sodding warehouse with crates and glowing ladders, cramming stealth mechanics into the always-too-tight first-person view. If I can't see a fair amount of the field then I'm buggered if I'm iterating my way through it with trial and error.

I still love gameplay, I just hate most games now. There's rarely difficulty any more, and without that there's no expression. When there is difficulty it's almost invariably a rote grind, rather than something that you can think about when you're not playing and return improved. I went through Another World: 20th Anniversary a few days ago and it actually make me think a couple of times; 'bout stuff I'd forgotten.

It's a bad game, and yes — it is rote, but engagingly so. Most of my failures were because I hadn't worked something out, rather than simply because I'd not had a clean enough run yet. Castlevania IV was largely the same. I was entertained.

And wish-I-were-a-film-writer stories can piss off. Ditto most film writers. Castlevania IV opens with a scene of Belmont looking up at a castle. There's yer narrative, and it's kickass.

Best thing I've read on here in a good while, especially the last paragraph.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I wonder if MS will reveal a Scorpio VR setup or perhaps Hololens.
    Games will always win though, tech is no good without hem. Although Sony haven't released half the stuff they stole the show with last year.

Sony are as full of shit as anyone but they know how to Keynote - their E3 and PSX shows for the past few years have been Internet Blog Hype-gasm material.

Hate the game, not the player.
  • Three announcements that won't happen at e3.

1. Witcher 3 on switch
    2. F zero on switch
    3. Wiiu classics on Switch (please please happen).
  • There's definitely too much samey stuff out among the big games, and too much bloat in a lot of them. Open world go everywhere and do anything often turns out to be a very shallow ocean (although you occasionally get an MGSV or BotW). I still like a game with focus, that does one thing really well. Last year XCom and Invisible Inc. really nailed that for turn-based strategy games.

Talking of focus, I think I'd be really up for a new Bayo/Ninja Gaiden type thing at this stage.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Microsoft have new hardware to reveal, I can't imagine any sort of HW from Sony seeing as it's less then a year since the Pro and VR headset. There's always the potential for MS to fuck up, but there isn't much Sony can do to steal Microsoft's thunder, even with an extra couple of days to play with after the reveal.

Having some nice new hardware to show off isn't enough to steal the show. Microsoft's games lineup has been risible for quite some time now, and that's what makes for a great E3 showing.

I honestly hope they bring their A game and start giving Sony a run for their money again, but I'm just not very confident they will. They need to make some serious investment in a wide range of new exclusives to genuinely compete.

Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing the Scorpio.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Three announcements that won't happen at e3.

1. Witcher 3 on switch
    2. F zero on switch
    3. Wiiu classics on Switch (please please happen).

I give up.
  • Best thing I've read on here in a good while, especially the last paragraph.

Knew you'd like that bit.  The skinheads have taken Madonna hostage!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    That Switch wish list is pretty uninspiring tbh.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Microsoft have new hardware to reveal, I can't imagine any sort of HW from Sony seeing as it's less then a year since the Pro and VR headset. There's always the potential for MS to fuck up, but there isn't much Sony can do to steal Microsoft's thunder, even with an extra couple of days to play with after the reveal.

Having some nice new hardware to show off isn't enough to steal the show. Microsoft's games lineup has been risible for quite some time now, and that's what makes for a great E3 showing.

I honestly hope they bring their A game and start giving Sony a run for their money again, but I'm just not very confident they will. They need to make some serious investment in a wide range of new exclusives to genuinely compete.

Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing the Scorpio.

Not bringing games is part of what I meant by MS being able to fuck this up. But yes, I'd say that decent new HW + a reasonable-looking slate of games will probably be enough for MS to surf the hype wave out of there no matter what Sony shows.
  • It'll be all Scorpio hype. Cars with lots of pixels, implicit death of Teh Clod Powah.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    IIRC, part of the rationale behind the DF reveal was so that Microsoft could get the specs reveal out of the way so they could focus on games at E3.
  • And Spence said in a recent Guardian interview that they've been investing heavily in their slate of games, with a lot to be announced.

$3bn on fifa exclusivity u herd it heer first xo
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This may or may not turn up at E3, but strengthens the suggestion that VR will be an option for Scorpio: https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-creating-massive-mixed-reality-multi-player-online-game-xbox-pc/
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sea of Thieves has the potential of being an absolute hoot with forumers, and it runs and looks absolutely lovely. I just want more news on that more than anything.
  • Microsoft had a much better first couple christmas of bone line ups than sorny but then the latter had their classic vapourwares to wheel out like final fantasy, last graun and Shenmue.
  • And Spence said in a recent Guardian interview that they've been investing heavily in their slate of games, with a lot to be announced.

$3bn on fifa exclusivity u herd it heer first xo

Poor scalebound.

• Escape wrote:
    RoboCod's easy, mate!

Erm, what?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Sea of Thieves has the potential of being an absolute hoot with forumers, and it runs and looks absolutely lovely. I just want more news on that more than anything.

This is something I'm very much excited about. I plan on playing with a full ship of Badgers whilst pissed off myface on rum

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yup, really want Thieves to be good. I like what I have seen so far.
    It is going to be an absolute disaster with us lot trying to sail a boat but in the best possible way.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wait what, not that Scorpio surely
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I hope Enhance Games/Sony announce some DLC for Rez Infinite. Or a sequel.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yup, really want Thieves to be good. I like what I have seen so far.
    It is going to be an absolute disaster with us lot trying to sail a boat but in the best possible way.

The whole sail thing is a recipe for disaster. Expect alot of arguing as the ship sails in circles as half the crew drink too much grog and play their accordions.

• 1. MS Holodeck
    2. No Holodeck.
    3. Sony Holodeck.
  • E3 is worthwhile for the live twitter chat during conferences, if nothing else.

1) Splatoon 3
    2) Splatoon 4
    3) I dunno, Sonic Adventure HD collection or something.
  • bound to be a lot of hype around the add on pack for the switch
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!