ARMS House
  • I'm ribbon girl. I found bnb to be much easier with normal controls.
  • Just played this 2 player in tabletop mode with my 6yo. I love this console. It's so versatile.
  • Yeeeeees. Now to get creamed on ranked.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just saw a Nintendo tweet about leveling up your ARMS. Apparently if you get an arm you already got in the unlocking mini game, it will level up. Slightly more damage and reach. Wonder what this does to the online game.

Had a good night with this yesterday, did quite well in party mode at the end, and made some progress with ribbon girl in the rank 4 grand prix. Already cleared it with spring man, just trying to get it done with all of them.

Online has been twintelle only so far, fantastique!
  • Amazon Prime is amazing. Good teeth.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Finally beat level 4 and unlocked ranked games. Won my first ranked game too.
  • Tried this earlier. Being repeatedly beaten on just level 2.  Not feeling it. Using motion control and it's not easy. Is standard controller (non-motion) easier?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Never used standard controls, the
    only edge I think motion gives you(i think) is being able to curve your second punch easier if you're throwing a one-two.

Me and my eldest lad have beat level 6 passing the pad. I done brass, lost my 1st fight against HL, passed the pad & he wasted him 1st go, even got a perfect one round. Bit gutted I didn't get a proper go as there is technique to that dude & I didn't put it into practice. My lad reckons lvl5 HL was harder, but I reckon it's just down to more playing time & the character we were using this time.
  • The hardest thing about motion control for me when I first started, was spamming. Was doing to many grabs, once I got my pacing down, the next few things were curves & throwing norm/curves When jumping.

It was only last week that my lad let me in on a technique he uses, which is to curve both arms outward to increase your grab width. Useful against Ninjara's teleport shiz on the later levels of the GP & in rank.
  • My daughter is now halfway through level 7.  I still haven't got round to finishing Level 4.

It's bad enough to have hit that point in my life when my child is better at a video game than me - even more annoying that she's absolutely wiping the floor with me.  (In local multiplayer it's actively humiliating...)
  • If she's beating level seven she might be genuinely good as opposed to being dadskill
  • I found going to non motion made the game much easier. I was often making accidently curving shots and not making the shots I wanted. Moving to standard brought a little bit of steaddiness into my play.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    It's bad enough to have hit that point in my life when my child is better at a video game than me - even more annoying that she's absolutely wiping the floor with me.  (In local multiplayer it's actively humiliating...)

Story of my life, the last 10 year's or so. Even my youngest(9) is starting to edge me on a few multiplayer games now.

Did have a week where I was beating my youngest 3(tbh, I can beat my youngest most times, but not the boys) on MK on the Switch the other month, which NEVER happened on the WiiU(I did find myself with some free time on the evenings & was caining online). I was was basking in the glory & throwing out the smack talk. Only lasted a few sessions tho before the cream rose to the top again.

On ARMS, my eldest lad just takes the piss with me.

Same for Smash & Tekken. It's not fun getting juggled.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've trounced a fair few on ranked matches. Only one person has beaten me so far. Too many people spamming attacks and leaving themselves open. Really enjoying this game.
  • Level 6 & up AI just stalks you, waits for you to throw, mess up & punishes. Really have to pick your moments. Love it.....kind of.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Playing through a few 16-bitters the other month, I realised how much better I must've been to've considered them relatively easy as a kid. I used save-states for Donkey Kong Country.

Used to rock through 64 levels of this:

He didn't even get to the Coke-cans level! The Twister lollies!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Rong thread, Spec'?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Now that i've started using my Arm choices to counter the opponent's choices (as opposed to just picking what I fancy), i'm finding much more success. Got through Level 4 a few times now!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • Feeling a bit partridgeshrug with this game. It's fun and all but I don't find myself wanting to go back to it. No shame in being a scrub I suppose.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The online ranked games are great. Annoying combos to counter are become common. Freeze arm followed by immediate throw. Pad out window.
  • Feeling a bit partridgeshrug with this game. It's fun and all but I don't find myself wanting to go back to it. No shame in being a scrub I suppose.

I'm a bit like that, but it's the sort of thing I'm happy to dip in and out of and keep around for multiplayer (and the incoming updates).  I like it, but I'm not finding it particularly moreish.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Some cool techniques from ARMS first big tournament

Haven't watch the clips yet but seems to be a positive article about ARMS being a tournament game. Interested where this will go.

Haven't played it much past week, it's just too hot here but should be better this week. Plus I go a pro controller now, that might be a better option to reduce sweaty hands.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I'd have watched that if I knew it was on...
    I'll find it on Twitch later this week.

For now, I found these on Shoryuken.com, and found them interesting.

Dude hasn't made many ARMS specific vids, and there might be better out there, but these are good:

https://www.youtube.com/user/remymaru/videos
  • I'm buying this because you lot seem to be enjoying yourselves.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Arms 2.0 patch just dropped.

mcrA2i7.png
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tried some party mode earlier and there was a mummy player there that got 200+ points. Turns out he probably had his joy cons setup to guard, as all the games with him took max time to start, and all he did was guarding. Proper annoying, specially in the 3 player matches, having ko'd the other player, but not enough time to do damage to the mummy makes for a bitter lost match.

So jumped into ranked for the first time, this might actually be more enjoyable than party mode. Still a lot to learn.
  • I'm not sure I like this very much, unfortunately.  If I decide to get rid (I won't spend ages making my mind up - final answer after an mp session at the weekend), would anyone be interested at £35 delivered?  It's mint...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Give it more of a chance. I was indifferent at first but now I love it. Much more fun than tekkens, street fighters etc
  • Though if you don't change your mind I'll take it off your hands Moot!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!