Minecraft for PC
  • Large biome world type is amaze, check it out.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Makes my shack look like, well, a shack.

Anyone got any hints for finding gold? I've only got five ingots so far and I'm trying to make powered rail.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Have a look on minecraftwiki.net 

It has the depths where certain ores are most commonly found (along with pretty much everything else you need to know about mc).

Go to the page on gold and it'll help you out.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • I've put four gold blocks into the "ore" chest at the spawn house for you Swirl :-)
  • I think swirls on the 360.

The mansion is looking very cool, what's in store for phase 2?
  • Oh :-S sorry swirl.  Check out the minewiki, gold only occurs in the bottom 32 layers of the map, but you are more likely to find it if you hit an abandoned mine.  Here is a page on mining techniques, I've always been a fan of some kind of tiered branch mining.

Phase two will be to tidy up my basement and play with some redstone.  I've made my usual lapis lazuli automatic door and a pretty iron fence around my courtyard, and currently I'm making some food farms with redstone harvesting shenanigans which you can check out if you follow the staircases in either of my towers down.  Server's been a bit quiet lately, come and check it out :-)
  • I'm on 360 Swirl and I tend to find small deposits near lava. But only like 4-5 blocks in any one place. Diamond seems to follow similar rules but occurs even less frequently.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • If you're going for the achievement get the 500 pieces of rail down and use a powered mine cart to push you along.
  • Bah, my melon harvester is fail, what a disappointment.  Lucky I'm at home sick and can justify this sort of time wasting endeavor.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone,  you might see me around on the server again and managed to track you down through the the edge Forum. Have to say I am very impressed with the castles on the new server
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Some_Guy wrote:
    Oh :-S sorry swirl.  Check out the minewiki, gold only occurs in the bottom 32 layers of the map, but you are more likely to find it if you hit an abandoned mine.

I am indeed on the 360 version, sorry about that. Been tempted to get the PC version, too (and the portable version because OH MY GOD THIS GAME).

Cheers for the tips, all. I'll have a search for some gold later. I think I've found some abandoned mines, I'll have a look at those.

I'll have a look at the wiki for tips on finding saddles, too, I've yet to find any of those. Or any diamond, for that matter; I had to build my nether portal using the bucket method.
    n0face wrote:
    If you're going for the achievement get the 500 pieces of rail down and use a powered mine cart to push you along.

I didn't even realise you could build such a thing. That might be easier than a "dumb" cart pushed along by powered rails. I shall investigate, cheers.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • If you're into minecraft Swirl I can't recommend the pc version enough, It's a completely different beast with a persistent server and a full world.
  • Yeah, get your PC on Swirl and come build with us.

Check out my new fence and gatehouse with very blue automatic doors:
    edgeworld4forweb.jpg

And the view of my  estate from the tower currently under construction out the back:
    edgeworld3forweb.jpg
  • Jesus fucking christmas.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • your half finished house is spoiling the view in the second pic Grem.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Jesus fucking christmas.

That's pretty much what I said.

If I do get the PC version, it won't be until after I've rinsed the 360 version for achievements, but I'll give you lot a shout if/when that happens.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I noticed a couple of you talking about the possibility of having the next server refresh taking the form of a Tekkit server.  I would be well up for this.  It adds so much more to the game.  I am not the most creative person but I have managed to make this thanks to all the 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 blocks that you get in the mod.  (still a work in progress)

2012-08-16_18.04.19.png

2012-08-16_18.04.59.png

2012-08-16_18.05.35.png

The red power mod that is included is brilliant,  basically there are 16 different coloured insulated cables that don't interact with each other, further to that there are 15 different coloured bundled cables (that the coloured cables connect to) that again, don't interact with each other, so in theory you can have 240 individual redstone circuit occupying only 15 blocks, compared with about 480 using the vanilla redstone circuits .  Oh, and it the cables can be ran up walls, along walls and along ceilings etc.

2012-08-16_18.06.14.png

2012-08-16_18.06.53.png

2012-08-16_18.07.08.png
    2012-08-16_18.07.15.png
  • Is that single player goober or on a server? I've been trying to find a tekkit server to play on but the whole minecraft scene seems to be populated with 13 year old dicks.

Please Please Please can we reboot the server into a tekkit world????
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Is that single player goober or on a server? I've been trying to find a tekkit server to play on but the whole minecraft scene seems to be populated with 13 year old dicks. Please Please Please can we reboot the server into a tekkit world????

Its single player, because as you say the whole world is populated by 13 year old dicks >_<
  • This tekkit shizzle looks interesting.  The potential for more advanced lava-cored spiral staircases makes me moist in anticipation.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • n0face wrote:
    your half finished house is spoiling the view in the second pic Grem.

Yep, serve me an ASBO or a compulsory purchase order motherfunster.  I'm the bad neighbour.
  • I feel like we're gaining some tekkit momentum, Goober, Daddy and myself are go I'm sure some guy would be in. Who else uses the server now, is anybody against switching?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'm still here! I'm waiting for my blown PSU to be replaced but it had to go to the Netherlands (The Nether?) and I'm still waiting. 

For the record, I'm keen.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • What is it exactly?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The first thing you should know about Tekkit is that it installs completely separately from minecraft, so you can still play vanilla minecraft with no problem.

It combines about 40 individual mods I believe.  You have Redpower which you can see in the above screens, the mini map mod, waypoints, electrical power, volcanoes, oil, nuclear reactors, geothermal generators, automatic quarries, automated farming machines, much more advanced rail systems and a tonne more.

The complexity of the things that you can create would mean we would all have to work together to get the raw materials but once you get a quarry up and running things become easier.  The redpower wires would mean we could have a great rail system that doesn't have to take up half the world with red stone circuits.

In summary if you want to play Minecraft like you always have you can do that on Tekkit no drama, but you can also do a hell of a lot more, its BRILLIANT...
  • That's a pretty house Goober :-)
    Tekkit mod look interesting, I'd be up for exploring it.
    Once more from the top I say!
  • I wanna make a flying machine....

Don't think it's possible with vanilla MC
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'd be interested in Tekkit next time we change the server but we changed not that long ago, didn't we?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!