EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    OMG videos are the right size now!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Different coloured trees make different coloured wood and you cant stack them together, this has boggled my mind for some reason.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Oh FFS; was quietly grinding away in the End Portal outpost with a view to enchanting something. Carelessly died at 36. Fuck that shit...
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Someone's asking about being whitelisted on the old forum. In a way it's kinda bad but would it be a good idea to leave a message directing them to come over here? It feels kinda cynical and shitty but it's really gonna be the most convenient and quickest way for people to get whitelisted.
  • 2012-05-07_222717.png
    I Have built the start of a zip lift in the large tower by the bear and badger. I'm not sure if it works though, either i've cocked it up or its server lag. If anybody pops on could they go and test it for me.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think zip lifts can be cocked up by server lag. I watched a Yogscast video recently where they were playing an adventure map with a variety of lifts and none of them worked properly because of lag.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Someone's joined the Edge forum and asked to be added to the MineCraft server. One of you guys might want to pop over and extend him an invite.
  • I keep meaning to get back into Minecraft. Haven't played it since I made that rather large underwater glass room.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Grem's made a post suggesting that they come and visit here. I'm sure that they're perfectly sound but I don't think it's a good idea to whitelist a single poster with no relation to existing residents. 

If they come and get involved here a bit then I would suggest whitelist ago go.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think zip lifts can be cocked up by server lag. I watched a Yogscast video recently where they were playing an adventure map with a variety of lifts and none of them worked properly because of lag.

I hope i can get it working because its a very long ladder climb to the top of the world now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    Grem's made a post suggesting that they come and visit here. I'm sure that they're perfectly sound but I don't think it's a good idea to whitelist a single poster with no relation to existing residents.  If they come and get involved here a bit then I would suggest whitelist ago go.

Whatever you guys feel is appropriate. As I'm not involved in the MineCraft server, I didn't want to invite him myself.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Oh we could certainly use a bit of fresh blood. I think anyone who's prepared to get a bit involved on the forums is most welcome on the server.
  • Hello! May I come and arrange blocks of different types with you?
  • I just tried a different zip lift design with half the pistons and no red stone torches and that didn't work either, gave it a go in creative mode and it works fine so its definitely server lag stopping mechanisms working.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    rossi wrote:
    Hello! May I come and arrange blocks of different types with you?

Hi dude; you should still be whitelisted. Check and let me know if you're not.

n0face wrote:
    I just tried a different zip lift design with half the pistons and no red stone torches and that didn't work either, gave it a go in creative mode and it works fine so its definitely server lag stopping mechanisms working.

Booo.
  • I've replaced the zip lift with a water ladder which is very disappointing compared to the mechanical wonder and speed of a redstone contraption.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Im just about to boot this up after a long long time.Ive missed so much.I think the last time I played it, Demon gates(?)just got introduced but didnt go anywhere.
    Im guessing it will feel new to say the least.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I've been trying to build other redstone lifts of various designs and none of them work in smp, this is really shit in my opinion as the next stage of game for me was learning redstone its completely pointless now. very annoyed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Snapshot time!
    It’s time for the weekly snapshot. We are continuing on the work to separate the client from the server, and have fixed a bunch of stuff related to that transition. We’ve also,
    [ul][li]Added cocoa plants to jungles[/li][li]Added a “large biomes” world type[/li][li]Added specific names for the different sandstone and smooth stone blocks
    [/li][/ul]

IIRC we can't have jungles on the server map, so no cocoa for us.
  • I think we need as many people as possible on the map.
  • Maybe it's time for a server reset? It might get us all interested in it again.
  • I'm up for a reset, there's only so many broken zip lifts I can make.

I suggested to meta the other day that we could maybe give some adventure maps a go. If people fancy trying it I think it would be fun.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'd be down with a reset and an evening or 2 of an adventure map in between. We'd have to pick some nights where we could get a gang of us together. 

What do others think of the reset idea? Also, maybe we could have some suggestions on when a good day for adventuring would be. Not Mondays and Wednesdays from my point of view.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yeah, I'd totally be up for that. There are some that would work quite well in multiplayer. Like these.
  • Once again I'm mid project, so not particularly happy with the idea of a reset, but it appears I'm alone.

Also not massively up for an adventure map.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You can always download the map and continue playing with it offline.
  • How about we let it run for a little while longer until Dante is finished, how long do you think you need? Or we could all chip in and help him, I'm happy to gather resources or be told where to stack blocks.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'm certainly not keen if it's curtailing anyone's projects; I'm working on something myself but have only just started. 

How about we don't do anything until we get a greenlight from everyone concerned but now isn't the time to start anything major. Thoughts?

Also, the adventure thing would only be for a couple of days, am I right face?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm quite happy to leave it for a little bit, people are busy with XBLA Minecraft after all. But I do think it'll be time for a new map after the next major update. Do you think it's worth having 'fixed term' maps in the future so we don't have this problem? All the maps have remained active for pretty much the same length of time, we could keep each one open for a fixed two months and it wouldn't really curtail anything.
  • As far as I can tell they take a few hours to play through, so it would just be the evening we decide to play then put back edge world when we've done.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!