Anthem - Time of Death: 24/02/2021
  • That this has so little buzz speaks volumes about AAA games, really. And Bioware's last few games too.
  • Remarkable how they have made it look so woeful.
  • Well I’m looking forward to it! Be an enjoyable little campaign I imagine! That’s what I’ll be getting it for.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Well I’m looking forward to it! Be an enjoyable little campaign I imagine! That’s what I’ll be getting it for.

Vere keeping up his PMA for every single possible retail release for anything ever released on anything ever.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Well I’m looking forward to it! Be an enjoyable little campaign I imagine! That’s what I’ll be getting it for.

Vere keeping up his PMA for every single possible retail release for anything ever released on anything ever.

It’s hard work but somebody gotta do it!
  • I actually think this looks pretty good (from what little I've seen) but I just don't have the time generally.
  • I think this looks good too, most likely an engine and world with some cool gameplay stuff, which they had to build missions and a campaign around... so yes a lot like destiny.

I like destiny an awful lot though.
  • That this has so little buzz speaks volumes about AAA games, really. And Bioware's last few games too.

There's probably plenty of buzz somewhere, just not the places we go! AAA games are presumably still worth the gamble for companies at the moment, they have a chance of becoming huge earners
  • I dunno, I've seen more fuss over Mortal Kombat 11.
    Honestly if you showed me screenshots and told me it was Destiny 3 I wouldn't doubt you.
    Not necessarily a bad thing as D2 appears to be coming to the end of its cycle, especially now Activision are done with it.
    It's not gonna win anyone new over though.

There is also the EA factor.
    They have said there are no lootcrates or pay to win advantages. However cosmetics are tied to microtransactions.
    I would worry about how invasive these things are and how much cosmetic content is available without microtransactions. Let's face it cosmetic items aren't trivial to most MMO players.
    Looking at some of the gauging in other EA games this could be an issue. Iirc custom Madden kits are $10.

Also BFV provides warranted concerns over how much content will be available day 1.
    Content on a drip isn't ideal.
  • Cross post from deals thread.

Anthem preorder £32.85. Xbox, PS4 and PC
    Add to basket to get that price (shows on page as £42)

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AN04-anthem
  • I will await all of your feedback before purchasing.
  • There will be a demo if you want to have a go yourself.

Available from...
    Preorders, EA Access and Origin Access customers 25th to the 27th of January.
    Everyone else 1st Feb.
  • Just reading up on this since I saw that deal earlier and I think I'm in unless the demo is awful.

It looks as though they have really focussed on creating a fleshed out city that involves decision making and npc interaction to levels that appear to be very Bioware.
    The main city that serves as a hub is a SP experience with every player owning their unique version.
    The MP content then kicks in when leaving the city on a mission. Anyone who has been given that same mission can do it with you, as can those that have previously completed it. Or you can go solo should you wish.

One thing of note. There won't be PVP at launch. If it is coming later I don't know but to start it will be a PvE game only.

It seems more like an SP game with Coop missions, more like what Fallout 76 should have been rather than the full Destiny structure.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Also.. Twitter quoted as 'no cross play at launch'... if it actually does make some cash I can see them opening it up at some point in the future to multisystem play but take that with the necessary NaCl.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • It would be great if they do and without PVP there's no worries over M&K beating controller.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This is absolutely nothing like Destiny. It's more like Diablo and The Division. This is pure power fantasy with stats, builds loads of skills and loot. Lots of loot. I'm still more interested in The Division 2 but I will give this a go. But yeah, don't be going into this thinking it will be like Destiny because it's really not.
  • What, it has a storyline?
  • Yeah and it looks like they have put it in the game as well.
  • We're all going Bono I assume.

Of course we are.
  • I'm getting it on PS4

Griff what's your own handle
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll prob buy it too but like fuck I'll MP
  • There's no MP
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    FUCKIN YAS
  • Im in for bone.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It looks as though they have really focussed on creating a fleshed out city that involves decision making and npc interaction to levels that appear to be very Bioware. .

Except that it's not though is it?  The hallmark of Bioware titles used to be the conversations you could strike up with your party members.  These would lead to side quests and a deeper understanding of the world in which you dwelt in.  There's none of that here. And 'decision making' has been stripped down to two choices.  Not even a dialogue wheel. There's no main story that can sway with your 'decisions'.  No ending that you can determine.  Players actions don't effect the world.

Let us face facts.  Bioware died with ME: Andromeda .  What's left is a husk,from which EAware crawled out of.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Ok, maybe not very Bioware but more so than something like Destiny.
    You do have a team in this, people will react to you differently based on your responses. Quests wont be locked/unlocked based on interaction choices but they are given in an organic way by quest givers.

Let's be honest as well, your decisions in Bioware games never really did affect the world. You may have chosen which NPC lived or died based on a choice of two but I can't think of any decision in KOTOR or ME that made any real impact on the world.

Worth noting core Bioware employees moved from Andromeda to this. I'm not saying that will mean it will be better but it could.

Trust me I would rather have had EA hand Bioware the Star Wars license like Rey handing Luke his lightsaber and said "make us an RPG", but that's not the case, but this certainly doesn't look like the fuck that was ME:A or FO:76.
  • There are things to admire with Anthem.  I like the first person dialogue stuff; those npc character models look brilliant -i just wish they were part of a massive RPG.  Which of course this isn't.  But I get it, this is just Destiny in Iron Man suits.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!