Nex Machina - Housemarque shooty goodness (PC/PS4 - 20 June)
  • Finally got the max human combo on world 1 on Experienced (68). Just missed one visitor and didn't get the multiplier quite high enough. Scored over 28 million though.
  • Still, I should probably try and get good at some of the other levels too.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Cracked one billion on veteran, reckon I could combo the whole game with a little more practice on world 6 and the world 5 boss. Finding that boss (the Architect) much easier using the smart bomb as you can cancel bullets with it. It gives you a safe little pocket so you can recharge your dash and assess the situation.
    I use rocket launcher for the rest but might start experimenting with the smart bomb because I'm sure I've seen people use it to pass through laser beams.
  • Does mart bomb goes through the solid laser beam to that instantly kills?

I've been using laser but may experiment with smart bomb.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Yes you can get through those with it, looks like you're fully invincible for a moment after the explosion.
  • Ahhaahhaahahaaahhhaahhhahaha

Laughing at myself cos I only just noticed that humans have a circle under them the colour and size of which reduces and corresponds to the human combo meter. D'oh!
  • So is it only Jon, Dubs and me playing this?!
  • It seems great but it is also exactly the same kind of game I am really awful at.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So is it only Jon, Dubs and me playing this?!
    Moot has it.

After the initial binge, I haven't played it much for about a week either. I intend to dip into it from time to time, between other things.
  • I'll settle down to a good session in the next week or so.  I've probably put 4hrs in so far.  I think it's excellent but I'm spinning plates with games at the mo - Yakuza, Minish Cap, Snake Rattle 'n Roll, ARMS and this on the go at once.  I've finished it though, so I've probably got my £12 out of it already.  It's clearly a 'now do it again and git gud' kind of game, but a quick run through is still enjoyable.
  • I'm hitting 15m on world 1 with a missing human or two and a broken combo in middle. Max was 31. Hopefully looking at over 20 with near full combo?
  • Multiplier is important. I get up to 25 on a good run.  For bonus multiplier tokens, shoot the visitors, blow up yellow boxes (with a super weapon), and collect extra lives (once you max out any others turn into multipliers).
  • Ah of course. Cheers.
  • Did an arcade run and it went a bit wrong. On last life at the end of world 5 and somehow managed to die on 5-14.

Did get a new PB on World 1 on the way though. Chained the level and got all the other bonuses for the first time. 28.6 million, which is a few mil short of the best but satisfying enough for me.
  • Just read this on PSTrophies site forum for Nex Machina:

" I extremely recommend getting used to the smart bomb, if you're not using it. It makes you damn near invincible once you learn the pattern, and there's no way I would have cleared veteran with any other of the secondary weapons.

Once you have triple dash, dash explosion and smart bomb, you can just cut through anything in the game like it's butter. For the regular stages you can triple dash through a group of enemies, with the dash explosion taking them out, and end with a smartbomb on a large enemy, taking him out too. The entire time you are invulnerable. A short recharge later, you can do it again.

For bosses, you can double dash into them, smartbomb and single dash back away. The smartbomb will do damage to them, and also destroy any bullets they are spewing out, so when you back up off your last dash, you will be in the clear. Continue backing away after your last dash, and a second later you will be recharged ready to repeat the process. Doing this method on The Architect on veteran turned the hardest fight in the game into pretty much a joke."
  • JonB wrote:
    Did an arcade run and it went a bit wrong. On last life at the end of world 5 and somehow managed to die on 5-14. Did get a new PB on World 1 on the way though. Chained the level and got all the other bonuses for the first time. 28.6 million, which is a few mil short of the best but satisfying enough for me.

Stage 6-3 is my worst.  I've gotten there multiple times with almost full lives only to get caught between lasers and those laser arm guys, quite a small arena too.
  • Up to 6-5 on 1 credit. Score at 256 million. 5th boss is easier with smart bomb, but I still lost a couple of lives.

Not used to doing 3rd and 4th boss with smart bomb though - difficult to get close.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Got 1st on Veteran, messed up the combo on world 6 though so I don't see it lasting long. Switching to smart bomb for the architect is the way to go.
  • You da man!

My aim is break into top 100. I'm not good enough to challenge the elite.

Got 21m on world 1 last night but missed couple of men and a visitor.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So is it only Jon, Dubs and me playing this?!

I'd probably play daily if it was on the Bone. Can never be arsed with the faff of switching over to the PS4 just to play it.

Yes, lazy.
  • I have an amp type thing with 3 hdmi inputs so I can have 3 consoles connected. Although the Bone has been disconnected for months. Wii U and Switch take up the other 2 slots.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Patch notes:
    Spoiler:

* Fixed "All Humans Saved" World Complete bonus (awarded when saving all normal + secret humans)
    * Fixed "Conqueror" World Complete bonus (awarded when saving all humans + finding everything else in the World)

These two give 50k and 100k respectively so my score is now going to be smashed.  Annoyingly, all existing replays seem to have been deleted.

* Fixed invincibility from special abilities (Smartbomb, Powershot etc.) disallowing players to move through dark beams

Oh well, should still be useful on bosses.
  • I better try and 1CC it before downloading patch.
  • Wait shit I left console on sleep mode last night, D'oh!
  • Dubs wrote:
    * Fixed "All Humans Saved" World Complete bonus (awarded when saving all normal + secret humans) * Fixed "Conqueror" World Complete bonus (awarded when saving all humans + finding everything else in the World)
    These two give 50k and 100k respectively so my score is now going to be smashed.
    I had the human saviour bonus once, and assumed there was something wrong with it. I hadn't even rescued all humans on that go.

If those bonuses work now I should easily get past 30 mil on world 1.
  • Woohoo. I just hit 34 million on Arena 1 and got up to 19th in the rankings.
  • Thought I got a perfect human combo on world 1. Got to boss with 64... which didn't sound right. Then realised I didn't do secret level 3! D'oh!

So I only ended up with 25m and outside the top 100. :(
  • Game still has bugs (no pun intended). I just went for the "save all humans and secret humans on Veteran" trophy and thought I had it. But end world results showed I missed a secret human which I thought was weird. And then trophy popped. Hmmmm.
  • 1CC yes!!!! Shit score of 104m though. 

Forgot about Nex Machina though. Didn't get to see much of it when on very last life! And you only get one try.

Do you normally get an actual ending and a song or only on 1CC? Can't remember.
  • really starting to get into this, very, very good
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!