SNES mini
  • Did I ever mention that I had as sealed copy of SMW that I bought for £5 and never got round to playing cos Playstation etc... and I sold it for c£2,000 I think? :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :O

Serious?

I had a sealed copy too - was the red box version. Had the Nintendo seal et al.  It sat for a couple of years because I had the cart that came with the console.  I opened it on a whim - before I was aware of the value of such a thing.

I had a sealed Zelda too I bought after selling my cart only copy and I only opened it to look at the map et al. I still have it with the tips book unopened. But I screwed the value of that too.

Holy. Fuck.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mine was the rarer (I think) yellow cover. Would’ve got more but part of the seal had come off. These collectors are crazy. (I actually did meet a loopy one to whom I sold a sealed Zelda OoT, a story for another day, I may have told it before).
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Shit, my yellow covered SMW is in top nick
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I had to sell all my SNES games cos needed money and also need to stop hoarding. I miss my mint CIB Terranigma. It was the last to go but I did get about £200 for it.

You've got no SNES games left in your collection?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Well I no longer have a collection! I stopped collecting or having a collection a while ago. Sold most of GB/A and DS games too. And Saturn. And PS1. And N64. 

Need to cull PS2. Sold a lot of GC. 

Lots. Over past couple of years or so.
  • Fair enough, I think the last time we shared pics in the retro thread you had quite a few SNES gems.

You still got Pocky & Rocky?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The yellow SMW was the early release. Since a lot of people got it in pack then yeah - that would be rare all right. Once the SF and DKC packs came out then SMW got boxed releases. I think the red one came out later. Nice.

I really should do the maths on my SNES collection and see what it's worth.
  • SNES must be up with in terms of variation with pack ins I reckon.

Off the top of my head in the UK there was:
    SMW
    SFII
    Star Wing
    Super Mario All-Stars
    FIFA
    DKC
    Killer Instinct
    Super Mario All-Stars + SMW
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I know first Christmas had three pack ins.

SMW
    SFII
    Super Scope
  • Fair enough, I think the last time we shared pics in the retro thread you had quite a few SNES gems. You still got Pocky & Rocky?

Nah got good money for that. Another one that I dearly loved and was in the mintest of conditions. Another that I got around £200 for. 

Honestly, I have nothing left. Except for console and maybe a cart or two in console box to use with converter. 

Maybe one day I will buy back my top 10-15
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Madness. Also get it Hakchi'd and get everything you've ever dreamt of on there

Get it what now?
    It's technical.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Also sf2turbo.
    I know first Christmas had three pack ins. SMW SFII Super Scope

Yep, two more right there.

That's 10 between us, there's probably more.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Heh. Forgot about the super scope.

What a lot of tosh that was.
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 was in a pack in as well.
  • Wireless controller now confirmed as working fine too, Swirly. Also I can connect it to Windows apparently, which is handy.

Just had a shot of Contra.  My skills are not what they used to be.  Seeing that plane come out of the screen still has the same "woah" effect though.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Contra on SNES is nuts hard though. You need to memorise the levels.
  • Megadrive contra is even harder, both are good though.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • MD one is silly hard, since discovered the truth regarding the differences between the JPN and Western releases though. Looking forward to playing a patched version soon.

I still think Shattered Soldier on PS2 is the best one, not that you can go wrong with any of them though. Well, 2D at least.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Always preferred the visuals of Probotector.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I keep telling myself that my Dreamcast and Neo Geo Pocket collections are investments for when I retire, but who am I kidding. I'll be buried clutching my DC keyboard.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • The wireless pad seems to need to be manually paired with the receiver every time it's turned on, which seems a bit odd. Am I missing something?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Huh. I had problems getting it to sync, which turned out to be a firmware update problem, but once it was synced, it was synced. Um... not sure what to suggest.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No worries, it's a minor inconvenience.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    IIRC I think 8BitDo Bluetooth controllers have different modes depending on what device you want it to connect it to that you activate with button combinations. Might be worth downloading a manual as it might have ended up on the wrong setting somehow.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Ah, good point. I did download a manual and I think you're right, there were different methods of syncing for different devices. I just assumed whatever I was doing was right as it worked, albeit temporarily.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ERE probably has it.
  • I didn't download a manual despite my claim above, I'd found what I thought was an online manual.  This manual is no use as it doesn't explain how to connect to the SNES Mini, and while I can happily sync manually each time I turn the wee laddie on I'd rather not have to, so if anyone can suggest a way that I can do this I will upvote your post so you can get a new status.

Had a happy hour and a half doing the first two dungeons in Zelda this afternoon.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Both of the gizmos have firmware updates so that might help? http://support.8bitdo.com

You can also get manuals from the link.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!