Groupon/Wowcher
‹ Previous12
  • Right, decided to start ticking things off my endless bucket list of things I've been meaning to do. So today I have paid for the following:

1. 1 hour flying experience in a cesena
    2. Introductory scuba diving lesson
    3. 1 hour flight simulator experience of a Boeing 737 (realistic hydrolic cabin)
    4. The Brighton colour run (cause my wife made me and if I didn't I'd never get any gaming time)
    5. Introductory indoor skiing lessons at skiplex

Then my credit card got blocked, lol. Now following a call to me from said credit card company it's now unblocked. Phew.

Bookmarked, for future I.e. when I can afford it:

Bushcraft
    Helicopter lesson
    Powerboat driving
    Fencing introductory lesson
    Indoor rock climbing
    F1 simulator
    X laps around a track in car X
    Virgin balloon flight with missus
    Axe throwing, crossbow, archery, clay pigeon shooting day thing
    Learning to sail introductory day
    Adult softplay

There are some cool activities on those sites. General question, anyone else use these sites for stuff to do? If so hows your experience of them been?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Adult softplay? Is that something you pay for after a certain age?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    After a certain age, you have to pay for non-softplay.
  • I thought that would get a comment. Lol. Missus mentioned it to me. Like soft play places for kids but made for adults.
  • Bushcraft eh? ;-)
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • AVYVm.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I did fencing at school. I highly recommend not doing it.
  • I'd say it's worth having a stab at, you might enjoy it! Me? I don't always see the point
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've always found groupon to be a life sabre at birthday times.
  • I do all types of bushcraft. Groupon is the way to go for that llolololo
  • Never really liked the whole experience day thing.
    Only enjoyed one which was skid pan testing, there was only two of us in what is normally a 8 person thing. The other person wasn't that bothered so I had 6 people's worth of time. Got the skid control thing early so the bloke taught me to drift as well.

The others I have done are 40% health and safety lecture, 20% experience and the rest watching other people's experience.

Doesn't help that most of the ones I have done a car related and nearly all of the drivers are semi pro racers therefore void of personality.
  • Read that as skid pant testing.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm camping in the woods in Orpington in July Dino.  It's sort of like bushcraft but we don't really do anything except drink and burn things.  JOIN US.
  • I never went bothying, that's still on my list.
  • I do all types of bushcraft

Chalice loves nothing more than ending up face first in a bit of bush
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • How about an experience that is altruistic rather than hedonistic?
  • If you want an experience unlike any other come join us for our annual fight camp in three weeks time.
    2 nights and3 days of martial artists campingout under the stars, fighting all day long and drinking beer round a fire all night.
    It's brilliant.
    Best getaway from the family ever
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The beer sounds fun. The rest, not so much.
  • The beer is fun. Makes the other parts more fun
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The others I have done are 40% health and safety lecture, 20% experience and the rest watching other people's experience.

And the car ones have you on limited revs, while their instructors get to ‘show you how it's done’ in their lap cars. You're paying to give them a licence to have fun, as you're talked down to and made to potter around. I did one as an intended warm-up before a race (in a FF1600), and it was a complete waste of time and money.

If there's anywhere that just sticks a bunch of cones on an airfield and lets you tear around in your own car, you can learn a lot more doing that. You don't need a fast car at all — just a permit to push whatever you have without old Captain Tut.

Mine shouted ‘Brake! Brake! Brake!’ approaching a chicane, causing me to lose the first apex and screw my exit because I was braking for too long to satisfy his order. I could've easily hit it by easing off and carrying more cornerspeed. Exits were always my weakness*, but I was decent at braking and had good cornerspeed.

*The general rule of sacrificing entry for exit's only written in stone when a longish straight follows, whereas maximising your entry if it's followed by a short straight can sometimes pay.

The arguments come about when there's something like a chicane into a short straight, followed by a medium turn into a long straight. My belief was that if you have to brake slightly for the medium following a fast exit from the chicane, you should maximise chicane-entry until you're just at the point of not having to brake for the medium. But many instructors believe that you gain from a fast chicane-exit with some left-foot braking for the medium. Either they're indoctrinated by the slow-in/fast-out rule, or those of us who question them — other instructors included — are wrong.

Whatever the case, I've never taken blunt instruction well when it comes to racing. Even if something's best on paper, it might not be best for a given driver. Balancing the car on entry was my strength, so I was prone to running a little bit hot at times. But I knew that.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The beer is fun. Makes the other parts more fun

Drunken brawl does sound fun....
  • If you want an experience unlike any other come join us for our annual fight camp in three weeks time. 2 nights and3 days of martial artists campingout under the stars, fighting all day long and drinking beer round a fire all night. It's brilliant. Best getaway from the family ever

If everyone's wearing head guards and those padded sumo suits I'm in.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    The beer is fun. Makes the other parts more fun

Drunken brawl does sound fun....

The drunken brawl is strongly frowned upon.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen ;)
    Last year we managed a 3 on 3 fight in the middle of an old barn during the BBQ. Lots of fun!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If you want an experience unlike any other come join us for our annual fight camp in three weeks time. 2 nights and3 days of martial artists campingout under the stars, fighting all day long and drinking beer round a fire all night. It's brilliant. Best getaway from the family ever

If everyone's wearing head guards and those padded sumo suits I'm in.

Nope.

IMG_7648.jpg
    fb picture uploader
  • IMG_9946.jpg

"You wearing a box? No? You're gonna fucking regret that son" he said before he booted me in the balls.
  • IMG_7648.jpg

Are you sure they're fighting?
  • Looks in tents. 

Sees more adult softplay. 
  • n0face wrote:
    IMG_7648.jpg[/url]

Are you sure they're fighting?

There was the occasional teabagging incident

• Dino, have you tried indoor skydiving? Did that last year and was great fun.
    Wasn't a long Experience though, about2 hours build up for 2 minutes of flight time
  • Dino, have you tried indoor skydiving?

DOen't last long, and the landing is painful
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!