Culture
  • A place to discuss general tones of culture past present and future without necessarily being tied to a media outlet or political stance, although those thing are very much a part of the discussion.
  • My reason for posting is the general cyclical changing nature of culture and it's ever increasing pace.

Right now I feel we are entering something akin to the early 90s. Politically rejecting the right, ever increasing opportunities for minority with trans being the new Gay.

There is a rebellion through conforming.

Perhaps I am wrong though.

Express yourself, it's one on one.
  • Yeah 2016 was kind of a line in the sand. Drawn with a cat poo.
  • Buck status quo.

Repeat ad nauseum.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Yeah 2016 was kind of a line in the sand. Drawn with a cat poo.

Never underestimate the capacity for people to make a situation far worse.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Given that Love Island seems to be massive, Ed Sheeran is allowed to walk the streets un-tarred 'n' feathered, and the general state of 'mass media' culture is pure 'shit for cunts' inanity it's hard to see how things are getting any better.

Of course there's loads of us who barely even know what mass culture is anymore because we're all off in our own little cultural spaces exploring ever more diverse and obscure avenues.
  • I'll say it again, Love Yourself is a tune.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!