Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Cool. Was gonna try this morning but there seemed to be issues with LIVE.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • So these current Downtown Drop challenges that tie in with the Nike / Jordan promotion are quiet good fun and actually, well, challenging.  I didn't get the promoted skins but I'm happily blasting around the custom map every day to find the whatever hidden objects or hit the whatever trick jumps required for the free cosmetic stuff.
  • I do think Epic have set a high standard for in-game advertising with Fortnite.  Nothing's been awkward, half arsed, or out of place, but rather a series of very well designed custom games and cosmetics that have fit the existing experience perfectly.  

From the two Avengers Limited Time Modes which saw certain iconic weapons and characters enter the game, to the John Wick tie in with his house being added to the map along with a dedicated LTM, to this new Jordan deal, to the Samsung / K-pop group iKON deal with a dance emote and remixed music from one of their singles, to Weezer World - a theme park built in creative mode where you could play mini-games and listen to tracks from The Black Album.  It's all been solid stuff.

The thought of other games I play having ads still makes me queasy, but I'm looking forward to seeing where Fortnite goes next with this.  

• So the Monster vs Robot live event was quite brilliant.  Good job too, as this story had been building for weeks with absurd levels of hype.  Just love that they do these things at a set time worldwide during regular games.  Here's my view.  

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Wow, that is quite the thing. Some nice camera work there!

I'm still happy that I kicked my STW habit, but no doubt I'll have another look at some point.
  • Thanks, it helped that they gave everyone jetpacks with unlimited fuel.  Some people got amazing close up footage of certain parts of the battle.  

I'm still on StW, can't seem to quit it.  I find myself really looking forward to the new event storylines just for the dialogue and voice acting.
  • Was pretty cool alright. My son managed to get killed by the monster so we missed where the robot charged it into the water as we were waiting to respawn!
    Did you stay for the team rumble Stormy? Longest game ever! 
    200 target, most people dropped out and the infinite power jetpacks stayed on. Thought we might have got something for stubbornly staying on but nothing even though we got the victory as the last man standing.
    Any word on when overtime challenges will start? I've a couple more tiers and fortbytes to finish.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Bet you got one hell of a view as that thing came at you though! I didn't stick with the game to the end, I left just after our team hit 100 and the others were still around 40 and with half our numbers. And nice going with the last man standing win, love those kind of endings.

Haven't heard anything about the Overtime challenges start time yet but I'd expect them very soon. They leaked the actual challenges, 9 of 'em, and a good few requiring you to play with friends. I'd be happy to help with those if you need it.
  • Might take you up on that. My son's friends only play creative so he won't be getting any done.
  • I think there's three that'll need to be done in duo's or squads, and another three that'd be quicker with party assist.  Maybe an hour or so per challenge.

MtOfeD1.jpg

These may be completely fake for all I know, but everyone's running with 'em.
  • Yeah I've seen that, there's birthday challenges as well. Data miners seem to be fairly accurate in extracting info once an update drops.
    Last couple of tiers was the target but you know what it's like when you start a challenge list!
  • Overtime is go, well the first three anyway. Are you still a weekend player Stormy?
  • Yeah mostly, but I might be free some evenings this week as well.
  • I'll keep an eye out but might be worth waiting til they're all unlocked
  • Agreed. They don't look too bad, should be able to blast through the team challenges in a single session.
  • All the challenges are unlocked.  I can try and jump on tomorrow afternoon / evening if you still need them, Hodge?
  • Just seeing this, cool if you're around. I'll hopefully be able to get on later.
  • Cool, I'm around from now 'til about 7 (maybe 8 ).  If you can make it on that's great, if not you'll only miss out on one recoloured skin so it's nothing major.

Edit:  Thought today was the last full day, but it looks like we've got tomorrow as well.  Can do similar times then if needed.
  • Oh no! Just had a nap while they watched The Lion King. Gonna sort some food then check if you're still on. Don't wanna miss that lil black number! :D Need the XP for the last two tiers so I can get the last skins and fortbytes.
  • No worries.  I'm offline atm but drop me a message when you're loading up and I'll jump on if I can.
  • Sorry bud, doesn't look like I'll get a chance today. Mrs out tomorrow afternoon so I'll be on most of the afternoon / evening.
  • No worries, should be able to jump on for a few hours then.  Will let you know when I'm around.
  • The new Season X Battle Pass and challenges look as great as ever, but the best news of all is Team Rumble has been made an official mode!!!   Always loved the large team battles and respawn enabled modes, and this one in particular is the perfect place to do challenges or for people of my skill level to feel like they've still got a place in the game.  

The whole time slip thing is interesting, with Dusty Depot and the factory being reintroduced mere seconds before the meteor hit (complete with the frozen meteor hanging menacingly above the factory), and I'm looking forward to seeing what other locations they're going to bring back, and for how long.  Moisty Mire and the prison are a dead cert I reckon.  Can't pretend I'm not disappointed by the lack of any major map changes though, was hoping they'd replace the snow biome or the desert with something new.

Oh, and the locker has been introduced to Save the World, giving you full access to your BR emotes, music, and loading screens.  Good stuff.
  • There seems to be a big overhaul this season, some good and some bad. The idea of weekly challenges being limited to their week is a bit daunting as (probably as intended) I will feel pressured to play every week whereas I'd gotten to the stage where I was letting challenges pile up. The option to prestige challenges is another double edged sword but what can you do?! The kid's gotta have his skins and dances.
  • Wait, they're time limited?  I hadn't realised, that's a shit move.  And while I do like the idea of these themed missions I don't like the removal of daily challenges, or adding more play with friends requirements to the missions.  

The Battlepass itself is great, but there seems to be a few bad moves here.
  • I only had a quick look yesterday but it seems each week unlocks challenges that last one week. I'd be happy to be wrong but as I've said it feels like a push to play more regularly.
  • Just loaded up to have a better look, seems the time limit only applies to the B.R.U.T.E Squad mission (this is also where the current play with friends requirement is).  It's kinda similar to other time limited challenges we've had before for summer, birthday, John Wick, Nike, etc.  The two Battle Pass missions currently available don't have a time limit indication, thankfully.

I'll put my pitchfork down for now.
  • Yeah, just been on and seen it. I think there's a little bit of information overload. No need for showing the level rewards as a challenge as you can see them in Battle Pass.
  • Just noticed they are level rewards which are in addition to BP tiers so that's another grind to worry about. XP and Battle stars do seem to be coming in fast though.
  • That fucking Brute thing is ridiculous

What are you supposed to do against it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!