Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Dunno, stay well away?! A teammate stomped on me the other day.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Played a bit for the first time this season this morning, and yeah, those Brutes are savage to play against.  They don't feel that good to use though.

Just noticed the OG music is a Battlepass reward for tier 50, oh my days!  I love the remixed version I currently use and all, but damn, listening to the OG gives me nostalgia pangs like you wouldn't believe.  Really, really, miss the early days.  Learning the map, slow building, bush camping, all my friends playing.  Fuck.
  • So I've come to the realisation that Season X will be the first Battle Pass I fail to complete. I'm just not enjoying the game right now and have no desire to play it. From the nerf to mobility to the lacklustre map alterations to the BRUTES, everything feels wrong.

And then they go and do this... I'll be loading up as soon as I get home. Fuckers.

• After my initial panic I'm actually quite happy with progress this season. Seems well suited to my style and schedule with better variety in the challenges. Got my first solo win too.
    I like the look of that vid, maybe they'll consider changing to a cel-shaded style.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Nice going with the solo win!  I was ridiculously hyped when I got my first, Fortnite wins are still the most satisfying wins I've ever had in MP.
  • Was pretty chuffed but a little embarrassed as I'd camped the whole game and only fired two shots from my shotgun when the 2nd place dropped out of his build from above me! :D I'm not sure if he even knew I was there!!
  • Arsenal is back. The highly frustrating yet thoroughly enjoyable take on gun game.
  • Haven't played this since August and missed The End live event.  For anyone interested in seeing how Epic killed off Chapter 1 of Fortnite, here it is. 

Fortnite streamers are starting to log in again and expectations are high that something will happen soon, but as of right now there are 500,000+ viewers on Twitch watching nothing but a black hole.  Is this all even real?

Those numbers though, and the 6 or 7 million who watched the event live, show that this game ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
  • Update is live on PC, 17GB.
  • It's pretty crazy. We couldn't even get into the game for the event so had to watch on Mixer.
    Seems like a risky move staying offline for so long. I know it's building hype but how long before people decide to play something else and not come back?

https://youtu.be/0ZubWYI6LCU
  • I know, I was thinking the same thing, then I saw the crazy viewer numbers. The biggest live event in gaming, and after 30 hours of downtime there's still half a million people watching a black screen!

Many Twitch streamers have reportedly gained thousands of subs (10k for Sypher) during this time - and there's nothing to stream.

I've honestly got no doubt that Chapter 2 will be insanely popular.
  • No doubt it will. It's an exceptionally bold move by Epic. Not sure how many others would get away with it.
  • Jaw well and firmly dropped.  Not just a completely rebuilt and re-imagined island with a load of new features and mechanics, but a bit of a graphics and lighting overhaul.  This is some refresh. 

I'm... actually excited to jump in and play again.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I might even have a go.

:O
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I really should play this with my pad but I really suck at it. Can't build for shit.
  • I can't build for shit either, so I stick to Team Rumble.  It's not just that building isn't a big issue in TR though, I really like that large team 16v16 gameplay with respawns enabled in a BR setting.
  • Swimming or driving a boat down a river and coming across someone on the bank fishing for weapons (srsly), carrying downed teammates out of harms way while under fire, hiding in haystacks or dumpsters only to leap out on an unsuspecting enemy, or embracing the old bush-wookie meme by having your entire team concealed in the new giant bushes, it's all just really good fun again.
  • So besides a couple of hours on day 1 of Chapter 2, I haven't played this properly since early Season X - some 3 or 4 months ago.  Apex and Destiny 2 have provided all the shooter action I've needed, and multiplayer Armello, Don't Starve Together, and Minecraft have taken up the rest of my gaming time.

For whatever reason I recently decided to jump back in, and in two weekends I've blitzed the Battle Pass and all the available challenges (probably 12 to 15 hours).  This has mostly been done in the brilliant Team Rumble with a few Squads games thrown in, where I managed to get one of those new winners umbrellas.  

Anyhoo, the redesigned map is fantastic, the mechanics are as solid as ever, and at my level the balance of shooting and building is just right.  Skill based matchmaking FTW.  It really feels like it used to during the first six months or so after launch, and I'm very, very happy with that.

Oh and they brought back the bolt action sniper.  /sigh  

• I've been playing this of late after finally relenting and letting the boy play. So he's on Xbox and I'm on switch doing duos.

I've actually found it a lot of fun. You're right Stormy that the combat/building balance seems better, I don't find every encounter filled with massive constructions but usually a bit of cover and shooting.

Managed to get a couple of wins in as well so happy days
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Aww, if anything was an advert for crossplay then that's it. Glad you're enjoying it, I've certainly had my ups and downs with the game but it seems to be in a very good place atm.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Managed to accidentally witness one of those live event things. Star Wars related, so me and Nate geeked out. Unfortunately due to not knowing what the fuck was going on we missed the start but did manage to catch the scene from the film. And even more unfortunately managed to catch some awkward chat from JJ himself and some other dicks, one of them may have been a Twitcher.

Decent bit of fluff, I can see why kids like this caper, Nate is currently embroiled in a lightsaber team death match where you're not quite sure who's on your team. You'd expect the red light sabers to be the baddies but green blue and purples are attacking him too. Old man Partridge shrug. Absolute clusterfuck of a game but harmless and fun enough I suppose.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They must be using a hell of a lot of bots though, Nate is consistently finding himself in intense top ten situations far too often to be facing actual people.
  • Aye, they added bots along with skill based matchmaking at the beginning of this season.  The better you get the less bots until you're sweating your balls off against nowt but skyscraper enthusiasts.  

Has your lad tried the Team Rumble mode, Sparky?  It's a fuck around chill out mode perfect for learning the map and practising building.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No, but I'll give him a go of that next time. SBMM doesn't seem like the worst idea when the spread of skill sets is so humongous. Franny, Webbins and G might notch a couple of shots on target with a few bots to play against.
  • *Ignores 25 pages of chat*

Hi guys. I’ve just discovered a new game. It’s called Fornite.

I think it could be pretty big. I’ve been playing it on my Nintendo Switch (not sure if you’ve come across those yet?).

It’s very addictive. I’ve just got to level 84 after a weeks of playing it. I like the Squads mode. Anyone else playing it?
  • Ps. My kids love watching me play, so that’s why I’ve dived in. But it’s pretty good all told.
  • Y'know, I've played this game since launch week and this is the first season I've stayed away.  Not 'cause I'm done with it or anything, it's still fun to play, but after 1000+ hours I just needed a break.  

Team Rumble had become my go-to though, two teams of 30+ players battling to be the first to 100 kills.  Brilliant stuff.  Plus you don't need to be a pro-builder to do well in that mode.
  • Oh, and while I didn't go in-game to watch it, the Travis Scott event was absolutely insane.  

• Y'know, I've played this game since launch week and this is the first season I've stayed away.  Not 'cause I'm done with it or anything, it's still fun to play, but after 1000+ hours I just needed a break.  

Team Rumble had become my go-to though, two teams of 30+ players battling to be the first to 100 kills.  Brilliant stuff.  Plus you don't need to be a pro-builder to do well in that mode.

Im no kind of builder at all, but I’ve still won 99 v 1 games, and 4 v 4 games. I find that some smarts and resource management can often succeed against players who build like lunatics. Yesterday I won a team match by myself (the others died early or quit), through using explosives and decoys at the death. Was an immense feeling.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!